Campbell Co. vs Lenoir City

CougarTrav02

Have you ever been to a game that was so hot and muggy? Talk about miserable... that had to contribute to the heated play on the field.

The problem for Campbell County is that Campbell County was never in it. Johnson may have had 88 yards, but they were meaningless because he never came near the endzone. The only offense CCHS showed was on the drive they scored on. Nice throw and catch, by the way, but how many third and longs did they have? Way more times than they were in the red zone. In fact, it seemed they were never in the red zone (either half) and it seemed at the end of the game, your line was whupped and your qb was running for his life. He only had time to throw when he rolled right to the wide side of the field.

What you really need to improve is your special teams play, turnovers, and overall team speed. You can't fumble kickoffs, tackle that poorly on kickoff and punt returns, and have that many short kicks. And how long was that last punt anyway: 2-3 yards, top? I figured it was going to hit a LC lineman who wasn't looking and you were going to get it back. Luckily for you, LC didn't get a shot at returning it. Turnovers were a real key, too. Thanks for the short field, by the way. On the other hand, CC was pretty tough up the middle. Of course, they were a not real fleet of foot. Why do you think LC went to their outside game? Hightower scored twice on sweeps and went in untouched (once for 33 yards) but got squat on the delays and draws. He may have only had 71 yards rushing but he had at least twice that in all-purpose yards and he scored three TDs. Oh, and he was out most of the fourth quarter while your guys were going three-and-out and our JV players were mopping up.

The LC players were also complaining about the cheap shots and leg twisting in the pile. My son was in the game at the end and was punched in the helmet on one play and in the ribs (luckily he was wearing a rib protector) the next play by your #22. Boy, don't you know it hurts when you punch them helmets? But, hey, that's football, right?

If you've got a beef about the ejection, talk to your refs. They were your refs, after all. Otherwise, that would have been a safety when your qb was tackled at the goal line. I know I had a better angle on that play than anyone on the visitors side.

I don't know what happened between the Johnson boys prior to that kickoff return, but it was obvious that Chris rode Jesse out of bounds and didn't get off of him. Good thing for CC, too, because he saved a TD. I didn't see Chris fending off any blockers but I was watching the ball carrier. The sideline there is only five or six yards deep so I knew he was in the bench, at least.

What's that old saw about the refs always seeing the last hit and not the one that started it? I'm glad he showed some remorse, but maybe next time he'll keep it on the field because he hurt his team for not one but two games.

I didn't have a birdseye view, but it was my understanding that Jesse ended up under the fence and that he was being punched by several Campbell County players and that #26 pulled Jesse's helmet off. Of course, that's all hearsay, but that's the story being told.

I hope you guys turn it around and have a good season.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok this will be my last post of the year so i dont get in trouble by the coach...and let me tell u the few i had...i am Hightower. and i was right there and i attempted to block johnson and he got off and we were about 7 yards from the sideline when he got off me...and he kept goin all the way until jesse was through the fence. he never even slowed down...so i dont really care wat few you had since thats were i was and i was closer than anyone else...and you jus said that urself.

825721385[/snapback]

First of all Rommel, congratulations on an outstanding game. Your ability to hit the corner and turn on the burners is something special.

I have no cause to argue with you over the tackle of Johnson vs. Johnson, but if you was locked up blocking Chris, how do you know for certain that you were "7 yards from the sideline" with the speed of the game? Hopefully the tape, for what its worth, will show that the play was much closer to the sideline than you thought, because you were blocking him pretty well and Jessie Johnson was not slowing down.

However, it is over. Jessie Johnson came back for an impressive second half and LC looks poised for a strong season. Good luck to you and your teammates the rest of the way.

The initial hit was good enough for a personal foul! But ejection no way!!! If the kid had not have layed on the field for 4 hrs Chris would never have been ejected! Rubberbandman if your gonna complain about it learn to block better, it wouldn't have happened!

825721923[/snapback]

Well hsbballfan, if you took a cheap shot into a bench like jj did i think you would of had to go out on a strecher, and wouldn't of came back for the 2nd half. Oh, and just FIY, from my angle when johnson hit the bench the 50 pound bench went up and came back down on top of him.

hey there peeblee,

i wouldn't look forward to reading my posts this year if i were you cougar faithful!!!!!!  the loss of the d-cord.  to oneida was a blow to that program that will set it back 30 years.  don't count on the staff thats there now nor the athletes that are still there be counted on a 5 win season.  some of there opponents that took them lightly last year are awake this year and will return ccchs to its glory days of 0 - 10  or 1- 9 seasons.  not trying to be negative just giving bulletin board material because you can count on my dogs to be better this year.  however good luck ccchs because your going to need to rely on the offense to pull you through this year and as smart as anyone is as long as my memory serves me right.  you better pray  stiner stays healthy because ccchs didn't win a game when he went down last year (thats if my memory serves me correct probably wrong on that one though).  so in all reality the defenses just need to slow johnson and stuff stiner cause he's the catalist behind the scenes (jmo)

825720152[/snapback]

JKar...I look forward to yourposts regardless of teh type of year CC has...youare very original and honest in your opinions...not tomention that youarepretty good at hitting thenail on teh head...and yo did just that in teh post about giving your analyssi of CC football

Not to take anything from Lenoir Citys win, but this sounds like a game of total Murphy's Law for Campbell Co. ( If anything can go wrong it will).  The Cougars are joined by Alcoa in having top players having to sit out next week,a very unfortunate situation to be in.  Be sure to appeal the sideline hit, they (TSSAA)sometimes rule in favor of the player if you have good film and it shows beyond a doubt that there was no malice in the infraction and was just a poorly timed hit that was closer to the sideline than the ref. thought it was.  Had a player ejected for piling on once and appealed it because the film clearly showed he was just a big ol' boy without much balance and a player from the other team actually pushed him on the pile from behind.  (which the ref did not see)  Won the appeal too, sometimes RC and company actually do rule in your favor................

825720932[/snapback]

yeah , but dont get used to it ...carter and teh tssaa are "all powerful"...

actually johnson's hit and ejection was probably the right call..I posted on another thread taht Johnsonis not a dirty player but a very competitive guy who plays hard and takes pride in his game on both sides of teh ball...it odesnt makeit right but the sidelines at LC appeared (on film) to be very short withthe fences being pretty close to teh palying field...but then again a player has to be aware of his surroundings...

Have you ever been to a game that was so hot and muggy? Talk about miserable... that had to contribute to the heated play on the field.

The problem for Campbell County is that Campbell County was never in it. Johnson may have had 88 yards, but they were meaningless because he never came near the endzone. The only offense CCHS showed was on the drive they scored on. Nice throw and catch, by the way, but how many third and longs did they have? Way more times than they were in the red zone. In fact, it seemed they were never in the red zone (either half) and it seemed at the end of the game, your line was whupped and your qb was running for his life. He only had time to throw when he rolled right to the wide side of the field.

What you really need to improve is your special teams play, turnovers, and overall team speed. You can't fumble kickoffs, tackle that poorly on kickoff and punt returns, and have that many short kicks. And how long was that last punt anyway: 2-3 yards, top? I figured it was going to hit a LC lineman who wasn't looking and you were going to get it back. Luckily for you, LC didn't get a shot at returning it. Turnovers were a real key, too. Thanks for the short field, by the way. On the other hand, CC was pretty tough up the middle. Of course, they were a not real fleet of foot. Why do you think LC went to their outside game? Hightower scored twice on sweeps and went in untouched (once for 33 yards) but got squat on the delays and draws. He may have only had 71 yards rushing but he had at least twice that in all-purpose yards and he scored three TDs. Oh, and he was out most of the fourth quarter while your guys were going three-and-out and our JV players were mopping up.

The LC players were also complaining about the cheap shots and leg twisting in the pile. My son was in the game at the end and was punched in the helmet on one play and in the ribs (luckily he was wearing a rib protector) the next play by your #22. Boy, don't you know it hurts when you punch them helmets?  But, hey, that's football, right? 

If you've got a beef about the ejection, talk to your refs. They were your refs, after all. Otherwise, that would have been a safety when your qb was tackled at the goal line. I know I had a better angle on that play than anyone on the visitors side.

I don't know what happened between the Johnson boys prior to that kickoff return, but it was obvious that Chris rode Jesse out of bounds and didn't get off of him. Good thing for CC, too, because he saved a TD. I didn't see Chris fending off any blockers but I was watching the ball carrier. The sideline there is only five or six yards deep so I knew he was in the bench, at least.

What's that old saw about the refs always seeing the last hit and not the one that started it? I'm glad he showed some remorse, but maybe next time he'll keep it on the field because he hurt his team for not one but two games.

I didn't have a birdseye view, but it was my understanding that Jesse ended up under the fence and that he was being punched by several Campbell County players and that #26 pulled Jesse's helmet off.  Of course, that's all hearsay, but that's the story being told.

I hope you guys turn it around and have a good season.

825722087[/snapback]

our refs????

punching by CC playeers on the sideline..didnt see taht at all...adn once again Johnson of CC is a rel quiet kid off tehfield an din class...had him in freshmanEnglish...well mannered and very respectful...when he puts onhis pads heis a football playeer and football player scannot be very nice to teh opponents ..play hard and fair, but not nice...

This game is so over, so who really cares. But since you replied to me, Peeblee, I will try to explain. What I meant was is that the refs were from your conference. If you were offended by that, too bad. I guess I was trying to make the point that this wasn't a case of "home cooking".

And I said what I had heard was hearsay. I couldn't see anything once Jesse went down. To be honest, I wish it hadn't happened at all.

Guys, I hope you have things look up for you and your year gets better. Peace.

This game is so over, so who really cares. But since you replied to me, Peeblee, I will try to explain. What I meant was is that the refs were from your conference. If you were offended by that, too bad. I guess I was trying to make the point that this wasn't a case of "home cooking".

And I said what I had heard was hearsay. I couldn't see anything once Jesse went down. To be honest, I wish it hadn't happened at all.

Guys, I hope you have things look up for you and your year gets better. Peace.

825724195[/snapback]

spectrum...thanks for your explanatin about teh refs...usually teh home team uses referees from their own association/area...i was not aware that they were from oak ridge association (teh association that CC uses)...i never saw anything on teh film that indicated any "homecooking" ( I only watched teh first half though)...Jesse Johnson took a vicius lick when he hit teh fence, there is no doubt...but again teh fence is so very close to the playing field...I hope teh classy people at LC will remedy this "fence situation"...thanks again for your reply about teh referees...

hahahahahaha.....Rommell, can't run 4.5/4.6, I mean he's good but nothing compared to josh hawkins. Josh Hawkins, Cory and Cody Fritts, Tyler Campbell, and Ryan Queen can all out run him, so... it looks like Rommell is basically shut down. Besides at the jamboree all Rommell could do was look at a number 24 about 10 yards ahead of him. So if he is so good he needs to prove it, because campbell county is no challenge, they might as well played their cheerleaders. Wait until September 9th those panthers will be wanting to get on that bus and go home.