Prayers needed for FRA player

redcardvol

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

correction: kate is going into surgery tonight. it is a 4 hour procedure. she should be out by around midnight. please continue to pray for Kate and her recovery.

825717606[/snapback]

how was she injured?

My daughter is goalie for sycamore and it concerns me greatly how little protection goalies get from refereees when it comes to over enthusuastic players "attacking" the goalie!!!!!!!!!

how was she injured?

My daughter is goalie for sycamore and it concerns me greatly how little protection goalies get from refereees when it comes to over enthusuastic players "attacking" the goalie!!!!!!!!!

825717811[/snapback]

Kate was going up for the ball. Her body was stretched out, fully exposed when she was hit. Goalies should always pull a knee up when they go up for a ball so that they are protected as much as possible. If the "attacking" player comes into the goalie too hard, they will impact the goalies knee. It has to become "automatic". I agree that there has to be absolute and consistant consequences for a player who is overly aggressive from referees.

This is a sad situation that never should have happened. Injuries are inevitable in soccer but this kind of blunt injury is something that no child should ever have to experience.

Kate's should be out of surgery after midnight. Please keep Kate in your prayers as she begins a long recovery.

Kate got out of surgery around 12:30 AM today.  The surgery was a success.  She is back in her room.  She was alert this moring and talking.  Please continue to pray for a speedy recovery.

825718185[/snapback]

You have our prayers, please update her condition as she recovers. Sounds like she has good start!