Road trip info needed to Motown West!

MaroonDevil

I will be coming from Charlotte, NC via I-40 west. Could someone give me directions from I-40 to the stadium and if possible the street address. Looking forward to this Friday and hoping the Trojans will show a little mercy on my Swain County Maroon Devils.

So far it's one for the Trojans and one for the Devils and both have been pretty good games. Does anyone know if this series is continuing next year?

The Field is at Morristown-East High School, not West.

From I-40 Take the I-81 towards Bristol. Morristown Exit is #8 (Hwy 25E).

Follow signs toward Walters State, go through 2 Lights (you'll see Wal-Mart). Then take the exit which is Morris Blvd. At the end of the Ramp (at light) turn left. You'll go to the 7th Red Light (Dairy Queen on Right East High on Left).

You'll be at the game.

Good Luck finding it.

I-81 exit #8 has a Cracker Barrel, Hardees, and there is a restaurant in the Holiday Inn.

Another route to the stadium is to take US 25E toward Morristown from exit 8 but exit off onto state hwy. 160. Coming off of US 25E, bear right onto 160 then take the very next exit onto Cumberland St. Bear right onto Cumberland.

You will go through 3 traffic lights on Cumberland (there is also a Sonic Drive-In on Cumberland). At the 4th traffic light, turn right onto Morris Blvd (be in the right-hand most lane). At this light, you will be facing toward downtown; there will also be is a Firestone/Bridgestone tire dealer on the right-hand adjacent corner away from you.

Once on Morris Blvd., turn right at the very next traffic light at the top of the hill. You will be at the entrance to Hamblen East High School and the stadium will be directly in front of you.

There is also a very good restaurant called The Little Dutch very close to the stadium on Cumberland Street in downtown Morristown. Continue through the Morris Blvd. traffic light and cross the railroad tracks. It will be on your immediate right. There is parking next to the restaurant and across the street as well. Steaks, chicken, seafood, salad/soup bar, etc. at reasonable prices.

Hope that helps. Everyone have a safe trip up and we'll see you at the stadium!

I will be coming from Charlotte, NC via I-40 west.  Could someone give me directions from I-40 to the stadium and if possible the street address.  Looking forward to this Friday and hoping the Trojans will show a little mercy on my Swain County Maroon Devils. 

So far it's one for the Trojans and one for the Devils and both have been pretty good games. Does anyone know if this series is continuing next year?

825717799[/snapback]

Here is a copy of the directions from another post.

I-81 exit #8 has a Cracker Barrel, Hardees, and there is a restaurant in the Holiday Inn.

Another route to the stadium is to take US 25E toward Morristown from exit 8 but exit off onto state hwy. 160. Coming off of US 25E, bear right onto 160 then take the very next exit onto Cumberland St. Bear right onto Cumberland.

You will go through 3 traffic lights on Cumberland (there is also a Sonic Drive-In on Cumberland). At the 4th traffic light, turn right onto Morris Blvd (be in the right-hand most lane). At this light, you will be facing toward downtown; there will also be is a Firestone/Bridgestone tire dealer on the right-hand adjacent corner away from you.

Once on Morris Blvd., turn right at the very next traffic light at the top of the hill. You will be at the entrance to Hamblen East High School and the stadium will be directly in front of you.

There is also a very good restaurant called The Little Dutch very close to the stadium on Cumberland Street in downtown Morristown. Continue through the Morris Blvd. traffic light and cross the railroad tracks. It will be on your immediate right. There is parking next to the restaurant and across the street as well. Steaks, chicken, seafood, salad/soup bar, etc. at reasonable prices.

Hope that helps. Everyone have a safe trip up and we'll see you at the stadium!