can reid keep alcoa focused

al1558

Just because your daugher goes to Alcoa and maybe (prob not) she talks about them at home doesnt mean you know them. Even if they come over to your house; you just see their hanging out personalty.

Unless you are there while they practice then you know nothing about how they think. TRUST ME Alcoa KNOWS they have to take it 1 at a time. I used to play for Alcoa...THAT is the number ONE focus...WHOEVER THEY ARE PLAYING THAT WEEK IS ALL THEY THINK ABOUT!

825718771[/snapback]

thumb I don't know when you played, but as a former player myself I agree with you. one game at a time is how it's always been that way.........

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And mr. tn football fan, they are just so dang fast. I dont know what held Alcoa back before 2000. This team will be one the best Tennessee high school football teams ever assembled(at least A - AAA)

825718782[/snapback]

One of the best ever assembled and they haven't even had an undefeated season yet? Hmmm. Since the beginning of the 2001 season Maryville is 57-2 and has three state championships but I have never heard anyone make that claim about any of those teams. I can't wait to see this team.

One of the best ever assembled and they haven't even had an undefeated season yet? Hmmm. Since the beginning of the 2001 season Maryville is 57-2 and has three state championships but I have never heard anyone make that claim about any of those teams. I can't wait to see this team.

825718904[/snapback]

Maryville is a historic program and has had some legendary teams...I just don't remember any of them having as many legit D1 prospects (maybe you do).

Maryville is a historic program and has had some legendary teams...I just don't remember any of them having as many legit D1 prospects (maybe you do).

825718925[/snapback]

It doesn't matter if you have any D1 prospects come out of your school or if you have 10 each year.......As long as you win the state championship with what you've got it doesn't matter........

With as many bright lights as there have been around this team, it could be easy to lose focus. I wanna see Alcoa win another championship, because their deserving (as it stands right now) and it's good for Blount Co.

Alcoa fans new to the web, you may be interested in the link below..click on the Alcoa helmet when you get there.

Go Tornadoes...thumb

Edited by Rebel Nation

It doesn't matter if you have any D1 prospects come out of your school or if you have 10 each year.......As long as you win the state championship with what you've got it doesn't matter........

825718927[/snapback]

And Alcoa has done just that...with undersized(no name) players and small teams-check the sign coming into the city.

"Don't hate the player, hate the game"- so 90's

825718925[/snapback]

Are we talking about accumulating D1 prospects or WINNING period? I thought it was the latter. Hillsoboro had more D1 prospects than us both times we beat them and Melrose certainly did last year. The same for Memphis East in 2000. D1 prospects are great but it seems that many folks are labeling this team possibly the best ever based on that and as I pointed out they have not even had an unbeaten season yet. Maryville's Seniors in 2002 won their third consecutive championship. The group of seniors at Alcoa will not even be able to say that regardless of what they do this year. No offense intended. Just offering a little perspective.

And Alcoa has done just that...with undersized(no name) players and small teams-check the sign coming into the city.

"Don't hate the player, hate the game"- so 90's

825718934[/snapback]

I wasn't trying to be mean.........It doesn't matter if that was "so"90's, because I really don't care............

Edited by Bledsoebtheboys

Are we talking about accumulating D1 prospects or WINNING period? I thought it was the latter. Hillsoboro had more D1 prospects than us both times we beat them and Melrose certainly did last  year. The same for Memphis East in 2000. D1 prospects are great but it seems that many folks are labeling this team possibly the best ever based on that and as I pointed out they have not even had an unbeaten season yet. Maryville's Seniors in 2002 won their third consecutive championship. The group of seniors at Alcoa will not even be able to say that regardless of what they do this year. No offense intended. Just offering a little perspective.

825718935[/snapback]

As far as undefeated seasons go-here's some perspective, Alcoa has always played teams in higher classification (who end up winning their class championship) even when they were 1A they played 2A and 3A teams. When they(we) were 1A other 1A teams would not schedule Alcoa....listen I have nothing but respect and love for Maryville (my nephew is on the team now), but they've had football programs, not just teams for a long time, Alcoa has only stepped up to having a legit weight training regimen.......no excuses-Alcoa now has the oppurtunity to build a program, especially with the talent of their frosh, soph and juniors

back to what thread is about. i do know all players (starters that is), yes have been to some practices. let me give you example about what i'm trying to say. i hope alcoa goes 15-0. last night they had meet the player night. it was an autographing session. how rediculous. you would think that we had come to pay homage to our football God's. i only went because i wanted to see for myself. this is the kind of thing that gives these boys the idea that all they have to do is show up and they will win. as for the people that say alcoa takes it one game at a time, last night i ran my own little poll. polled 12 starters (2 of which are part of the super 3) :::results- 9 of the 12 said hopkinsville was going to be nothing. those same nine explained to me that it would be like a scrimmage. they wanted to get to what they say "is their first real game...MARYVILLE. please tell me how that is taking one game at a time. this kind of ###### of the walk stuff will only hurt them in the long run.

back to what thread is about.  i do know all players (starters that is), yes have been to some practices.  let me give you example about what i'm trying to say. i hope alcoa goes 15-0. last night they had meet the player night.  it was an autographing session. how rediculous.  you would think that we had come to pay homage to our football God's. i only went because i wanted to see for myself. this is the kind of thing that gives these boys the idea that all they have to do is show up and they will win.  as for the people that say alcoa takes it one game at a time, last night i ran my own little poll. polled 12 starters (2 of which are part of the super 3) :::results- 9 of the 12 said hopkinsville was going to be nothing. those same nine explained to me that it would be like a scrimmage.  they wanted to get to what they say "is their first real game...MARYVILLE. please tell me how that is taking one game at a time.  this kind of ###### of the walk stuff will only hurt them in the long run.

825718961[/snapback]

Your grammar still stinks.

Edited by fridaynightfever4ever