Giles Co. at Mt. Pleasant

Guest catfish-hunter

the game was closer than the score giles county fumbled in the redzone to tie .........then threw a pick in the redzone to go ahead....then had the ball with 4 min. left to tie the game in the fourth and snapped the ball over the QB's head and MP recovered it ........so Giles county had there chances but didnt take advantage of them giles county should have won the game but didnt cash in on there chances

Giles county QB can fly the kid is quick

825721180[/snapback]

woulda, coulda, shoulda. It is all part of the game. All it says is GC did not execute.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I highly doubt the better coach was on teh other sideline. The best coach go the press he deserves. Although MP came away with teh W, Coach J has done a lot to improve his new Giles County team. Look for him to rid the team of all of their mental mistakes, like the bad snaps and all of the turnovers. I can assure any of you giles county players who get on here, come monday, i hope you are ready to run. Johnson will make sure you do not have that many mental mistakes again. Good luck the rest of the way and learn by each game.

I am prettyb sure that neither teams coach,s played last night. Tim Johnson is agood coach and Walt smith is a good coach.Mt.PleaSANT WILL WIN THEIR REGION AND MAY GO UNDEFEATED again! gILES COUNTY IS not YOUYR FATHR,S BOBCATS Good luck to both teams!

825721389[/snapback]

Neither team's coach played, but I promise you MP would still be going 1-9, 0-10 if Walt wasn't the coach. Johnson had alot more talent on the field last night than Walt.

the game was closer than the score giles county fumbled in the redzone to tie .........then threw a pick in the redzone to go ahead....then had the ball with 4 min. left to tie the game in the fourth and snapped the ball over the QB's head and MP recovered it ........so Giles county had there chances but didnt take advantage of them giles county should have won the game but didnt cash in on there chances

Giles county QB can fly the kid is quick

825721180[/snapback]

Tim Johnson will tell you how important the shotgun snap from center is. He had a couple of great centers while head coach at Franklin :rolleyes: .They worked hard under Tim and Danny's direction and are at the heart of a good west coast offense. Tim and Danny will take care of the mistakes, and the ball won't get a chance to bounce against them much again!

Edited by BigDogDaddy

I heard a wise old coach say one time " A team improves the most between game one and two". I thought both teams played hard, made some mistakes, gave up some big plays.

Mt. Pleasant's stadium atmosphere was terrific!

Both coaches did their jobs, they put their kids in a position to win. Nice job, it was fun to watch. good luck to both squads!

It was a decent game on both sides of the ball. You could clearly tell that both teams were playing their first game, as both teams showed lots of rust. Mt. Pleasant was scoring a pretty rapid pace, and Giles County was trading blows with them early on, but just could not execute the little things down the stretch.

The big play for Mt. Pleasant was the fake punt that got them a new set of downs, which they then went on to score off of. I'm not sure I could have called a fake punt in a tight game at home with the ball on my own 15 or so yard line, but maybe their coaches saw something I didn't.

Big play of the night for GCHS without question was the 60+ yard scramble by Myles to the end zone. Faked the draw and kept the ball right up the gut where he went basically untouched to the endzone.

Pretty good week 0 game, I'm ready to see some Murfreesboro football action in the coming weeks as I'm moving up to MTSU this Friday.