DB @ SULLIVAN SOUTH WEEK 1

ArtVandalay

You just don't get it do you cat?  You see, this years seniors haven't been beaten by the mighty indians for 11 years.  They have been beaten by them for two years.  Before that they beat the DB JV as sophomores and the DB freshman team before that.  For good measure, they walloped the DB feeder schools in scrimmages while they were in the 7th and 8th grade.  And this years sophomore QB has never, NEVER, been beaten by DB.  So you see, while they are still on the low end of the board vs DB they don't even fear this 11 year streak.  That streak means nothing but fodder on a message board.  And while we are listing class acts, the season before last, I sat and listened to several of the DB players taunting the South players after the game.  They sat outside the dressing room as South walked to their lockers and chanted the old WHO DAT chant.  I thought it was classless then, so I want you to know that just in case, just in case, if heck freezes over tomorrow night and South wins this game, I will be the one that you can hear from the stands hollering the same chant.  WHO DAT?  Sullivan South...DAT WHO.

825726242[/snapback]

I reckin' there is a first time for everything, huh? 11 year streak means nothing? That's funny, wrong, but funny. Numbers in sports is all the history has. Most all Players names are forgotten, big plays are forgotten, but Wins, Losses and Scores are what is always remembered and kept. For the Record, The DB Indians under Graham Clark are 11-1 vs the Rebels, 5-1 @ South. South won the 1st matchup in 1993, 33-7, since then he average score in the Games played @ South during the Graham Clark era is 33-10 (totals = 168-51). The highest scoring game (at South) during that period was in 1999, a 52-8 DB win, closely followed by the 2003 season, DB won the last contest @ South 49-21. I remember that well, as a terrible storm hit the area just before the Game and after the Game there was a Tornado Warning also. During the Game, Duran Duran Ferguson in his 2nd ever start, lit up the Rebels Defense and the game was out of hand early. There was alot of Flag Waivers at the start of the game, by halftime, the DB side was still full and the same cannot be said for the Rebels Home Side.

Here are some more numbers for you

DB will win #12 in a row vs the South Rebels, I'll change my previous prediction from 31-6, to match the Average listed above

DB 33

South 10

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and I tohught the students were immature guys, come on now, no harm no foul, people get caught up into the game, and they get acrried away, they have fun doing it. forget class and all this and that, it is HS football and they are having fun, the way they know how, so let them go out there play there hearts out, and we will see who comes out with a W....

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

Edited by Contender

and I tohught the students were immature guys, come on now, no harm no foul, people get caught up into the game, and they get acrried away, they have fun doing it.  forget class and all this and that, it is HS football and they are having fun, the way they know how, so let them go out there play there hearts out, and we will see who comes out with a W....

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

825726339[/snapback]

True.. HS Football on Friday Nights rule. Followed by College Football on Saturdays and Pro Football on Sundays. It's good that its Football Time.

Sorry, if I stepped on anyone's toes, this really should be a good game and a great HS Football atmosphere @ South. DB is very young and in-expeirenced, no doubt about it. With that said DB is very tallented on the Defensive side of the Ball, followed closely by the young Offense. I still know very little about South, as the Rebel fans have not given much input on their strength's, but, we will know more in a few hours.

See you around 6:00 on Thursday Tribe Fans.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

As the new kicking coach, in response to the guy who said he didn't want to be at a game decided by a kicker, I bet the fans who watched UT win the national championship in 1998 because of a kicker and beat Florida last year by a kicker feel different. I'll take my beast kickers anyday over South's slaw kickers. I mean dang, their whole team is slaw.

wished i could be there to see the pocahontas boys get they buts kicked all over that field. the REBS are gonna get ya tonite boys. count on it. bunch of mommas boys.

like i said

that lite comin is south

get out the way boy

you buts mine tonite

i wll be there before the game is over

white shirt lt. blue hat

come visit

who dat

its me waitin on you

wished i could be there to see the pocahontas boys get they buts kicked all over that field. the REBS are gonna get ya tonite boys. count on it. bunch of mommas boys.

like i said

that lite comin is south

get out the way boy

you buts mine tonite

i wll be there before the game is over

white shirt  lt. blue hat

come visit

who dat

its me waitin on you

825727111[/snapback]

I thought ONLY mommas boys threatened and talked crap on the internet.