DB @ SULLIVAN SOUTH WEEK 1

ArtVandalay

Whew! Great game. Congrats to The Tribe. Win #2 ( win # 675 all time)! A great defensive game by both teams. I was impressed by South and am glad Coach Carter is making a difference and bringing the Ole Rebs program back!

This is what the D-B / South Game is supposed to be!

Roll Tribe!

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be a smart butt here, but if this game is decided by a KICKER, i don't wanna be there!  Kickers aren't football players.  Just ask Bill Parcells!  He once asked the trainer if the kicker could go on Sunday or not??  The trainer said, I don't think he can play.  Bill said, oh come on, he doesn't have to play, he just needs to kick!!  I'm tired of hearing about how great D-B's kickers are!  Let's talk about ALL of their state championships!!  Not the mythical ones either!  :)

825725847[/snapback]

VolmanScott, after saying that kickers are not football players, and embarrassing yourself earlier in the thread talking about the history of the two schools, you have to at least admit that kicking is important and never take a kicker for granted, nor special teams!

Watch out everyone South is for real!

Edited by bud

DB should have had another 2 TD's. They have offensive potential they just need to work some kinks out. DB's starting QB was knocked outta the game in the first minute or so of the game, that is bound to be tough for any team. If Bo plays QB next week, DB will not miss those opportunties again, Bo needs some practice time leading the O.

Lastnight I witnessed two teams of young men that played their hearts out.

I also fans that truly enjoyed a game that meant alot to our community. I appreciate fans like 83 Rebel that can see what's important. I also sit next to fans that scream obsenities call the players and coaches "stupid" and generally make everyone else around them miserable. Granted the playcalling was a little confusing.......it will get better for both teams as the season goes on. Kudos to the defenses! Most offensive I find that the Indian fans can't seem to believe that every season is not going to be loaded with the big guns.....the big playmakers....but the current young men on this year's team practice and play like every DB team with class and heart. I'm sure it's not great for them to hear at every turn about past teams and their lack of skills.....give 'em your support all the time.....just not when their beating somebody's brains out. As for headknocker......take your advice to somebody that gives a darn. You're not a loyal fan........have you ever even lined up on a football field. The true Indians will strap on our chinstraps and be there for the TRIBE regardless of which way we ROLL! Good luck to the Rebels.......the sportsmanship during the game and after by both teams was more than I can say for some our fans on this site and in our stands!

What an amazing game.I'm from neither school so I basicly just went to watch for a good game.And what a game it turned out to be,I'll admit I bandwagoned,from Sensabaugh's great catch to South having a chance to win at the end.I really feel for some of south's players like McMillan who were so close but never got to beat DB,of course that's the way it happens some times.Phillips was awesome,anyone who questioned him being young and not being able to handle it I think was shown that he can play.He would've had alot more completions had it not been for some drops.DB missed some opportunities(FG,threw out of bounds to wide open guy in endzone,fumble at 2 foot line)but so did South,with the missed extra point and the fumbles.And honestly in my opinion,I think the DB guys just made great plays on the fumbles,their defense was awesome last night,besides the shovel pass and that counter play they were running they had alot of trouble.But DB is DB,and it seems like in big close games,they have the swagger and they have the confidence to always pull those games out.As far as South goes I'm expecting them to blaze through the Mountain Lakes.I also expect this rivalry to be good for quite a while.Best of luck to both teams.

Yea, GeronimoI did line up years ago, as did my son years ago. I don't yell obsenities, I sit and cheer like everyone else. I don't try to relive my glory days through my kids when I was all that-back then.I don't make a fool of myself and family by screaming my kids name out when he's on the field untill all the fans around are sick of it either.My family has had the same seats for over 35 years, so don't give me that loyal crap.I didn't say anything bad on here about any player on the team. yes I did rag the play calling , you know it stunk and almost cost the game, so quit sugar coating it and being so dramatic. I'll express my views on here the way I want to as long as it's under Coach T's rules. Quit trying to be the D-B hall monitor on here.

Yea, GeronimoI did line up years ago, as did my son years ago. I don't yell obsenities, I sit and cheer like everyone else. I don't try to relive my glory days through my kids when I was all that-back then.I don't make a fool of myself and family by screaming my kids name out when he's on the field untill all the fans around are sick of it either.My family has had the same seats for over 35 years, so don't give me that loyal crap.I didn't say anything bad on here about any player on the team. yes I did rag the play calling , you know it stunk and almost cost the game, so quit sugar coating it and being so dramatic. I'll express my views on here the way I want to as long as it's under Coach T's rules. Quit trying to be the D-B hall monitor on here.

825728383[/snapback]

Dear Head,

My apologies if your heart is in the right place. I guess it is always easier for all of us to coach or play from the stands. I guess I've had season tickets for over 25 years myself and it never ceases to amaze me that some of our fans and writers think that the boys that we are cheering for each Friday night are oblivious to what we holler and never read what we write.....but that's right.....welcome to the real world not the sugar coated world I wish we lived in. You're right you didn't say anything bad about a particular player.....I guess your chinstrap saying was just the icing on the cake of a very hot evening sitting in front of a former DB mother who was calling the boys stupid and whatever else she could think of. I don't mind families cheering for their kids....that's what is all about....but all of us need to remember just that....they're kids.....no monitoring just fact. Sorry I offended you....I'm going to have to get tougher skinned to take part in this type of technology!

I hope that you were not there last night then to see the game come down to the kickers.  Like I said earlier, I'll take my beast kickers over South's slaw kickers anyday.  I bet you feel bad now for saying that your kicker wasn't a real player.  I guess you'll have to find one who is.

825727774[/snapback]

are you really a coach at DB? if you are, I think you have approached this with no tact and no bearing at all. as a coach, you should be setting an example for your players. did your "beast kickers" play every down on defense like south's kicker? did they start kicking FGs and PATs for the first time two weeks before this game took place? etc, etc, etc... last week at happy valley, south's kicker was 4 for 5 in his PATs. do pros ever miss their extra points? as a coach, refering to players from another team as "slaw kickers," show what kind of character you are displaying to your players. are still wondering why students from south invade DBs parking lot and DB students going to south? maybe its because of senseless comments usually made by diehard fans, Not coaches!

i am proud of both teams for how hard they played and how they conducted themselves on the football field.

I hope that you were not there last night then to see the game come down to the kickers.  Like I said earlier, I'll take my beast kickers over South's slaw kickers anyday.  I bet you feel bad now for saying that your kicker wasn't a real player.  I guess you'll have to find one who is.

825727774[/snapback]

just for the record our kicker has never kicked til about 2 weeks ago and he played every defensive down..so stop tryin to look cool in front of ur players on coach t and grow up and show all that "class" everybody from db thinks that they have

Edited by rebelrouser31