DB @ SULLIVAN SOUTH WEEK 1

ArtVandalay

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nail-bitter!! 1 missed extra point cost South bigtime. The South Fans and the DB Fans showed up and got to see a Classic North East Tennessee Football Game.

This was one of only a couple of times that I have walked away from a DB win, and knew that DB got lucky, because South outplayed the Indians. South had every chance in the world to win the game, their last 3 possesions were inside the DB 25 Yd Line, and all 3 ended on DB stripping the ball and getting the Turnover.

It looked like DB was missing Sam McCord @ QB. Sam went out of the game after the 2nd possession of the game with a Shoulder Injury. I hope Sam is ok. Bo Burton led DB after that and did finally drive the Indians to their 1 and only TD as the 4th qtr began.

I thought that South's QB was the best QB on the field though. ANd South had the better running backs as well. Heck, South may have had the best Defense on the field too.

Good luck to South, I expect the Rebels will take Region 1 4A.

DB has some work to do as they get ready for their Region 1 5A opener next week at home against Beardon.

Still, 2-0 and both on the games on the road, that's as many wins as you can get in 2 tries.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Who the heck stole Graham's playbook?

825727401[/snapback]

Clark dosen't have a playbook,and if he did have one the only play in it would be for the QB to run the ball. How in the world can you have so many tailbacks and run the QB all the time.You see he got Sam hurt tonight,nobodies fault but his.

Overall DB was out coached tonight by south but the late fumbles cost south the game.

Nail-bitter!! 1 missed extra point cost South bigtime. The South Fans and the DB Fans showed up and got to see a Classic North East Tennessee Football Game.

This was one of only a couple of times that I have walked away from a DB win, and knew that DB got lucky, because South outplayed the Indians. South had every chance in the world to win the game, their last 3 possesions  were inside the DB 25 Yd Line, and all 3 ended on DB stripping the ball and getting the Turnover.

It looked like DB was missing Sam McCord @ QB. Sam went out of the game after the 2nd possession of the game with a Shoulder Injury. I hope Sam is ok. Bo Burton led DB after that and did finally drive the Indians to their 1 and only TD as the 4th qtr began.

I thought that South's QB was the best QB on the field though. ANd South had the better running backs as well. Heck, South may have had the best Defense on the field too.

Good luck to South, I expect the Rebels will take Region 1 4A.

DB has some work to do as they get ready for their Region 1 5A opener next week at home against Beardon.

Still, 2-0 and both on the games on the road, that's as many wins as you can get in 2 tries.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

825727505[/snapback]

Well Art,if Clark call's play's like he did tonight the next two weeks will be rough with Bearden,and Oak Ridge coming to town.

One more post and I'm going to bed. After watching the worst offensive coached D-B football football games I can ever remember seeing under Clark, I have to wonder why can't the team get through 1 set of downs and not able to get the plays off in time? Let's talk about running a total of 5 plays all night , with the majority of them being by the quarterback, getting lucky enough to catch a ball on the 1 and having to burn another time out to get the play in, then the stupid play of the night, 1 yard to go giving the ball to a kid that goes 150 up the middle! You got to be kidding me. The defense played good with the exception of the long run---hey, they were on the field all night long ,sooner or later someone's going to break one. How about getting the ball back under 2 min in the game and gaining 1/2 yard. The play calling looked like something from a Pop Warner game only not as well coached, or executed. Better snap your chinstraps on fans it's fixin to get rough.

Just wanted to drop in and say WOW, what a great game to watch. Congrats to

D-B's players, students and fans. I certainly hope that your QB Sam is Ok and his injury is not serious. South had their chances tonight, it just wasn't in the cards. It was great for this game to return back to the status it deserves. What a crowd at Death Valley tonight, not a seat left in the place. Thank you Coach Stacy Carter and staff and thank you Rebels for making this old Rebel proud. South's QB #10 is just a soph., man I thought he was impressive. Just needs to learn to hold on to that ball. Anyway great game to watch and I wish the Indians all the luck in the world the rest of the season and to any Rebel coaches, players or students that may read this board, thank you for your restoring the Rebel pride. Now go and make some noise in the Mountian Lakes Conference!!!!

GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!

South - what an impressive game and I see a bright future for you in your conference. D-B has lots of work to do and this game goes to the defense and lots of lucky breaks but sooner or later an opposing offense is going to break one when the defense has been on the field most of the game! South best of luck in your conference battles. D-B get to work!

Not to be a smart butt here, but if this game is decided by a KICKER, i don't wanna be there!  Kickers aren't football players.  Just ask Bill Parcells!  He once asked the trainer if the kicker could go on Sunday or not??  The trainer said, I don't think he can play.  Bill said, oh come on, he doesn't have to play, he just needs to kick!!  I'm tired of hearing about how great D-B's kickers are! 

825725847[/snapback]

I hope that you were not there last night then to see the game come down to the kickers. Like I said earlier, I'll take my beast kickers over South's slaw kickers anyday. I bet you feel bad now for saying that your kicker wasn't a real player. I guess you'll have to find one who is.