Soddy Daisy VS Red Bank

Knoxsoddyboy

First of all, AE is a Top-Ranked team in 3A. they have only lossed to Fulton in the past two years. The ooltewah scrimage was a fluke! don't get me wrong, ooltewah is probably the fastest and best team in the area, but Red Bank had 9 injured starters. most of those starters were on defense. AE had more speed than any team in chattanooga. Any defense that can hold them out of their endzone all night, is an outstanding defense. i don't care how big soddy is, and really nobody cares.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we were running plays that may or may not work because we did not want to show too much before the Cookeville game which held Riverdale to their lowest score last season. The Defense was just the Basic package Defense so I wouldn’t say it was an aggressive one like the one you would use during a real game. Red Bank is a good team and will most definitely be a playoff contender this season and I will be pulling for them and all other local teams this season in the hopes that we may soon be the City who is known as a Football Power Location in Tennessee. I do hate that the property taxes went up but on the flip side our coaches will be getting their pay again and the teacher market just got more lucrative and that’s good for them and our athletics now and for the future.

This could very well be a good upset special for the week. Soddy-Daisy's defense is no where near what it was last year. Team speed is down from last year (if you can believe that) and unlike what I read by someone up this chain, I heard practice has been terrible this week. No motivation in spite of what the coaches are trying to do.

Will they be ready tonight? I certainly hope so. Am I being too negative - I hope so. We will see.

All I know is, if the Trojans aren't ready for tonight....it's gonna be a looong year.

Anyone got any details?  How was Dobbs debut?

825727391[/snapback]

I watched first half thought Dobbs did a decent job he had alot of time to pass the ball though and made a few bad throws. May be a long year though cause Soddy-Daisy is BIG but they don't have the speed as someone on redbank stated to hold off a fast pass rush and swarming defense. It's just my opinion but this is nowhere near the fastest team that Soddy-Daisy will face this year. SD score in first half was a touchdown pass to Ricketts for bout 25 yards but I think the DB fell down. SD did a fine job from what I saw of running behind the big middle of the line but nothing more than 2-3 yards a carry. Red Bank has a fast backfield but... they aren't Caldwell and Marshall.