Webb at Powell

pacjones

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big penalties and turnovers often occur in season openers.  That is why season opener's are ussually close games.  The heat can also affect things for both teams.

HPV or whatever said:

"You didn't watch last years game, then. Powell outgained Webb 390 to 189 yards. Webb won the game because they capitalized on two huge Powell mistakes in the kicking game that led to 14 points for the Spartans. If those two mistakes aren't made, it's not a close game, but they were and Webb was good enough to take advantage of them to win the game. "

your reasoning skills are most remarkable.  With comments like these, its no wonder how powell always seems to have such an inflated opinion of themselves. 

You could take any game and liberally add and subtract events that would allow for the losing team to blow out the team that actually won.  But the fact of the matter is:  One team won and the other didnt. 

For example, lets say Powell fumbled the ball on their 30.  Webb capitalizes with a field goal.  In the mind of the Powell player if they hadnt of fumbled they would surely have scored on the drive.  However, they could just as easily have gone 3 and out, fumbled again, or thrown an INT that resulted in a touchdown.

The point is, its absurd to make statements like, "If X and Y hadnt of happened, it's not even close."  Especially, in regards to a game that you LOST. 

-------------------

Anyways, keep on being overconfident.  Just because you beat a rebuilding AE team in 1 quarter of play, doesnt mean much of anything.  The real reason AE didnt do anything in the scrimage had more to do with their rediculously large O-line splits (which allowed powel to shoot right through) than Powell's elite skills.

PS:  Cody might want to tuck the ball, Friday night.  Just a thought.

825723572[/snapback]

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, is it?

The point was attemped to be made that Powell had trouble stopping the Webb winged T last year. That just wasn't the case. Webb only had 189 total offensive yards. That's a fact, and not up for debate. Holding a team under 200 yards in total offense doesn't equate to having trouble stopping the other team.

The difference in the game was the kicking game, period.

Where in this thread have I predicted what might or might not happen this Friday night?

Edited by HTV

Correct me if im wrong, but you said:

"If those two mistakes aren't made, it's not a close game"

Suggesting that a game you lost, wouldnt have been CLOSE at all if 2 mistakes werent maid, is pretty rediculous.

But your right, Powell rolls.  100-3.

825723623[/snapback]

Have you had basic math yet? Both of those mistakes resulted in Webb scoring touchdowns. That's 14 points. If, and that is a big if, as I said, you take 14 points from Webb, Powell wins by two scores.

Is that so hard to understand?

Like I said, Webb capitalized on the mistakes and they won the game in large part because of it.

Edited by HTV

well i would like to say in regards to the AE line splits i play LB and didn't feel like they were that big i know i didn't come through unblocked all night.... on to the matter at hand...Webb's backfield last year was better then it is this year. U dont replace Ryan Walker dont know why no one has mentioned that yet.

Last season Powell's Lee Smith did not play at all in this game that hurts big time on both sides of the ball, Powell's Justin White did not play forcing Jay Courtney to play out of position and forcing myself into a starting role at SS that i was not capable of handling. I know I know "if ifs and buts were candy and nuts... injuries happen in this game.

Heres my biggest point does anyone remember who started at QB for the panthers last year in this game????? Cody Watts had big plays but SR Wesley Roop started and split time. Cody is a great athlete but not as big of a threat at HB as he is at QB.

Im not going to say that Powell is gonna roll, we're not. That wing-t is brutal and Webb's backs are very talented and will take advantage of a crack so its gonna be a good one to watch in Powell on Friday. But i have to stick to my boys and say that my defense holds them up enough that cody leads us to victory in this one.

Big penalties and turnovers often occur in season openers.  That is why season opener's are ussually close games.  The heat can also affect things for both teams.

HPV or whatever said:

"You didn't watch last years game, then. Powell outgained Webb 390 to 189 yards. Webb won the game because they capitalized on two huge Powell mistakes in the kicking game that led to 14 points for the Spartans. If those two mistakes aren't made, it's not a close game, but they were and Webb was good enough to take advantage of them to win the game. "

your reasoning skills are most remarkable.  With comments like these, its no wonder how powell always seems to have such an inflated opinion of themselves. 

You could take any game and liberally add and subtract events that would allow for the losing team to blow out the team that actually won.  But the fact of the matter is:  One team won and the other didnt. 

For example, lets say Powell fumbled the ball on their 30.  Webb capitalizes with a field goal.  In the mind of the Powell player if they hadnt of fumbled they would surely have scored on the drive.  However, they could just as easily have gone 3 and out, fumbled again, or thrown an INT that resulted in a touchdown.

The point is, its absurd to make statements like, "If X and Y hadnt of happened, it's not even close."  Especially, in regards to a game that you LOST. 

-------------------

Anyways, keep on being overconfident.  Just because you beat a rebuilding AE team in 1 quarter of play, doesnt mean much of anything.  The real reason AE didnt do anything in the scrimage had more to do with their rediculously large O-line splits (which allowed powel to shoot right through) than Powell's elite skills.

PS:  Cody might want to tuck the ball, Friday night.  Just a thought.

825723572[/snapback]

I agree maybe it was the other team making a good play that resulted in the turnover. Good points like i said it will be a close game.

well webb didnt replace ryan walker but they reloaded with matt french who rolled off 150 yards and 2 touchdowns on 11 carries against west(ya ya say what u want west stinks or whatever its the first dang game)... The other two running backs are the same as last year...Campbell and Smith.

Webb is better than the past two years and so is Powell. the bottom line is that its going to be a good close game...

Just like Powell in last years game webb had key injuries too and people out of position...its part of being in a season opener. Webb has had its season opener and this will be powells first game so well just have to wait and see.

Matt French can not even be mentioned in the same breath as Ryan Walker. West is flat out awful. Yea its the first dang game whatever west is terrible mark it down Matt French will not roll off those kinda numbers against our d this year.

Webb may have had some injuries but Lee is the first or second best TE in the state and in the top ten in DE's. I promise u Webb wasn't missing that kind of talent.

West is not even close to powell so dont feed me some line about french picking on west. I know Webb is going to be tough and they may be the favorite because they have beaten us two years in a row but this one IMO will be a little more onesided then you guys seem to think.

ok panther08 i guess u can say that considering u know nothing about matt. he is much faster than walker will have as much yardage as walker had last season if not more.

and no i bet u anything powell will be favored to win by the paper.

Plus last year walker had to play linebacker b/c the starter was out for the first couple of games.. Brian bibee was the starter and he was a very good player and athelete...U can go watch him play baseball this year at UT were he did sign with a top 8(ut made it to the college world series) team in the country.

Actually in last years game Webb had 280 total yards not 189. but i guess that doesnt really matter.

825723833[/snapback]

Not according to the official game stats, but it seems that facts don't matter here.

Did you see the game last year? Obviously you didn't or you wouldn't be trying to make the point that you are.