Webb at Powell

pacjones

Yeah you all didnt start Bibee or whatever his name is. He is going on a baseball scholarship not a football scholarship so that has nothing to do with him being any good at football. I know that he is not even in the same breath as Lee Smith when it comes to football.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, the prospects for Powell, lets see. You can easily encapsulate their entire season prior to week one. No matter how underrated (Watts is a darn good football player) or overrated (Zane Bruhin was soft and played with poor leverage) their talent is, you can book them at 7-3 or 6-4 and a loss in the first or second round of the playoffs. Classic underachieving team.

Powell wins this game if two things occur. 1. Bruhin is allowed to defeat Webb's center one on one. They can't slant Bruhin and I haven't seen anyone who can block him. 2. Whomever calls the offense dances with the one who brought 'em. Run the ball, use play action passes, and get Watts on the edge as much as possible. Powell isn't going to win by spreading the field and throwing the ball. If they do those two things, I think Powell wins handily.

well Jordan Lakin play a lot of football for the panters Lee Smith and Justin Galyon start both ways at DE and TE although the TE's are not in on every play. John Bruhin goes both ways along the lines. other then that i dont know of a lot of guys who start both ways but most of the guys who start for us are in the rotation on both sides.

bibie was a good player and was very important to webbs team last year...when he came back from injury it aloud him to replace walker at linebacker giving him rest and then he lead the team in tackles form then on. and finished 2nd on team while siting out 2 games. hes not as good as lee smith is at football but that still doent make him a bad player or not a very big part of a football team.

HTV i was just pointing out that webb had a more yardage than 189 about a 100 more yards...and i was at the game last year. and i expect this one to be just as good and close.

I think this game is going to be much closer than the Powell faithful believe or want. As in most games, turnovers are going to be a huge factor. Webb has the advantage of playing a game and working out some problems. Powell has been very good in their scrimmages and at the jambo. If Webb is able to slow down Watts, Webb will win. But in the end, I think Powell will win by 3-4 points in a tough, tough contest.

You didn't watch last years game, then.  Powell outgained Webb 390 to 189 yards.  Webb won the game because they capitalized on two huge Powell mistakes in the kicking game that led to 14 points for the Spartans.  If those two mistakes aren't made, it's not a close game, but they were and Webb was good enough to take advantage of them to win the game.

825723434[/snapback]

no i was watching last year's game. you say webb had nearly 200 yards of offense, that outstanding for a team that runs the WING-T!!. all they want to do is grind it and secure the football. webb had more than a couple of long drives that night that they cashed in on.