Webb at Powell

pacjones

You are not doing Powell any favors (or Watts) with your arogant posts. Everyone will want to beat the "Great Powell team" and knock the *** out of the Watts kid.

Lighten up, wait till they play some games, and be more humble.

If they can't beat Webb how are they gonna beat Maryville and Central and McCallie?  They really have underacheived the last 2 seasons. No team can live up to the expectations when they have fans like you!

825723165[/snapback]

I agree i dont understand how powell can be so confident after losing to a team the last two seasons when they have been picked to win in both of those games. I think it will be a good game and come down to the wire. Webb always surprises people.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U have got to be kidding me.  Webb is a lot better than they were the last two years and think about how many times webb fumbled when they should have scored friday night or threw an interception.  It will be a close one webb 28 powell 24.

825722931[/snapback]

That argument doesn't fly. Each team turned the ball over 3 times on Friday night. West lost scoring chances, too.

Powell wins 34-7 or somewhere around there.  I still don't see how Powell lost to Webb last year.  Powell had twice as many yards RUSHING alone as Webb did TOTAL yards and still lost  B)

825722923[/snapback]

Vita for once we agree, don't get used to it

I think Watts really will have a big game and Powell rolls. Webb does have a fair QB but I don't think thoes catz are gonna let him have too much time to look the field. Powell might be the best in 3-4A this year or at least second IMO.

from what ive seen of this game the last two years, powell cant stop webb's wing-t. they have struggled with it and this year wont be any different. webb will keep it close but i say powell wins in the end.

powell 28

webb 21

825723295[/snapback]

You didn't watch last years game, then. Powell outgained Webb 390 to 189 yards. Webb won the game because they capitalized on two huge Powell mistakes in the kicking game that led to 14 points for the Spartans. If those two mistakes aren't made, it's not a close game, but they were and Webb was good enough to take advantage of them to win the game.

I talked to a player from webb last night and he said that they had 4 or 5 turnovers and almost all were on west's side of the field. They could have easily beat west by much more than they did. They have a good offense and it will not be a blowout. I say its a tossup, whoever's fired up and has the momentum going into the 4th. should be a good game, good luck to both

I talked to a player from webb last night and he said that they had 4 or 5 turnovers and almost all were on west's side of the field.  They could have easily beat west by much more than they did.  They have a good offense and it will not be a blowout.  I say its a tossup, whoever's fired up and has the momentum going into the 4th.  should be a good game, good luck to both

825723493[/snapback]

That's just not true. The official statistics Webb and West with 3 turnovers each. I was at the game. Both teams turned the ball over in situations that cost them scoring opportunities. The turnovers evened out.

Big penalties and turnovers often occur in season openers. That is why season opener's are ussually close games. The heat can also affect things for both teams.

HPV or whatever said:

"You didn't watch last years game, then. Powell outgained Webb 390 to 189 yards. Webb won the game because they capitalized on two huge Powell mistakes in the kicking game that led to 14 points for the Spartans. If those two mistakes aren't made, it's not a close game, but they were and Webb was good enough to take advantage of them to win the game. "

your reasoning skills are most remarkable. With comments like these, its no wonder how powell always seems to have such an inflated opinion of themselves.

You could take any game and liberally add and subtract events that would allow for the losing team to blow out the team that actually won. But the fact of the matter is: One team won and the other didnt.

For example, lets say Powell fumbled the ball on their 30. Webb capitalizes with a field goal. In the mind of the Powell player if they hadnt of fumbled they would surely have scored on the drive. However, they could just as easily have gone 3 and out, fumbled again, or thrown an INT that resulted in a touchdown.

The point is, its absurd to make statements like, "If X and Y hadnt of happened, it's not even close." Especially, in regards to a game that you LOST.

-------------------

Anyways, keep on being overconfident. Just because you beat a rebuilding AE team in 1 quarter of play, doesnt mean much of anything. The real reason AE didnt do anything in the scrimage had more to do with their rediculously large O-line splits (which allowed powel to shoot right through) than Powell's elite skills.

PS: Cody might want to tuck the ball, Friday night. Just a thought.

Big penalties and turnovers often occur in season openers.  That is why season opener's are ussually close games.  The heat can also affect things for both teams.

HPV or whatever said:

"You didn't watch last years game, then. Powell outgained Webb 390 to 189 yards. Webb won the game because they capitalized on two huge Powell mistakes in the kicking game that led to 14 points for the Spartans. If those two mistakes aren't made, it's not a close game, but they were and Webb was good enough to take advantage of them to win the game. "

your reasoning skills are most remarkable.  With comments like these, its no wonder how powell always seems to have such an inflated opinion of themselves. 

You could take any game and liberally add and subtract events that would allow for the losing team to blow out the team that actually won.  But the fact of the matter is:  One team won and the other didnt. 

For example, lets say Powell fumbled the ball on their 30.  Webb capitalizes with a field goal.  In the mind of the Powell player if they hadnt of fumbled they would surely have scored on the drive.  However, they could just as easily have gone 3 and out, fumbled again, or thrown an INT that resulted in a touchdown.

The point is, its absurd to make statements like, "If X and Y hadnt of happened, it's not even close."  Especially, in regards to a game that you LOST. 

-------------------

Anyways, keep on being overconfident.  Just because you beat a rebuilding AE team in 1 quarter of play, doesnt mean much of anything.  The real reason AE didnt do anything in the scrimage had more to do with their rediculously large O-line splits (which allowed powel to shoot right through) than Powell's elite skills.

PS:  Cody might want to tuck the ball, Friday night.  Just a thought.

825723572[/snapback]

Very good points. I do agree with all the hindsight that people talk about on here after losing. Yea sure, "if that was different and we had done this, we woulda won". but you didnt. good post my man

Im going to think like a Panther who is a Webb fan.

My analysis of the Webb vs West matchup:

West's first 3 points were bogus. The referee called a roughing the kicker penalty when the West kicker didnt even get touched. (watch the film, its laughable) Therefore, i shall not count west's 3 points. (West -3)

The west interception was also bogus. The ball clearly hit the ground, bounced up 2-3 feet into the hands of the west player. Webb surely would have scored on the drive. (Webb +7)

Webb made a huge mistake fumbling on West's own 30 yardline. Webb surely would have scored. (Webb +7)

If Webb would have kept a few key personel in the game, West surely wouldnt have scored a TD with 4 mins to go in the game. (West -7)

If the referee didnt call that bogus clipping penalty on a run that went to West's own 2 yardline, Webb would surely score a TD, not settling for a FG. (Webb 7-3=+4)

Final Score, Webb 38 (20+7+7+4)

West 0 (10-3-7)

The point is, its stupid to be so subjective in your self evaluation. The West Webb game was 20-10. Powell has lost 2 games in a row to Webb.

Same teams basically from the year before. Both look better. It will be close.