JCM @ Germantown

BigSneaky

I see in the "Big Ones Pole" Germantown is the heavy favorite...not having seen either team play i think thats probably based on name recognition alone.  JCM had a very good team last year and are returing a good number of players...that being said Germantown also returns almost the entire defense and a potent QB/RB combo from last season.  I think we'll see a close game with Red Devils coming out on top. 24-14 DEVILS!1!!

825725104[/snapback]

Big Sneaky...who does G-town play next week? Heard they are playing a very good team out of Mississippi.

Last time these two teams played was in 2002 playoffs and Germantown won in a close game at Germantown. I was very impressed with some of the wins Germantown got last year. No doubt that they are one of the best programs in the state. I`m glad this game is on the schedule. JCM needs to pick it up another notch this year and win or lose, this game will help the Cougars. Hopefully we`ll get to play Melrose again. (Love those games)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If JCM and Melrose take care of business in the regular season and playoffs,  their 3rd round meeting should bring Melrose back to the Rock.  The biggest crowd I've ever seen at the Rock was the JCM Melrose matchup 2 years ago.

825725959[/snapback]

Yep that`s what I`m thinking too. (at least hoping for). I can remember that there were lines 25 deep at halftime still trying to get in the game. I`m sure part of that was JCM`s fault in not preparing for such a big crowd, and also the fault of some late buses.

I wonder if Bear Bryant packed em in like that when he coached his home games at the Rock?

Germantown wins 14-12. Very good ballgame. JCM kinda shot itself in the foot the first half with too many needless penalties. Both teams played really hard. Basically Germantown won the first half 14-0 and JCM came out strong and a lot more settled in and outscored geramntown 12-0 in the second half. JCM had a chance to tie the game with around 1 1/2 minutes to go on a two point conversion. The JCM reciever caught the pas in the front left corner of the end zone and the pylon was hit as the reciever was going out of bounds, but the ref said he was out of bounds. i couldn`t really tell and it doesn`t matter since the ref ruled it out of bounds.

Wow the legs cramps were epidemic tonight. Most were on JCM`s side , but both teams struggled with the heat.

Germantown wins 14-12. Very good ballgame. JCM kinda shot itself in the foot the first half with too many needless penalties. Both teams played really hard. Basically Germantown won the first half 14-0 and JCM came out strong and a lot more settled in and outscored geramntown 12-0 in the second half. JCM had a chance to tie the game with around 1 1/2 minutes to go on a two point conversion. The JCM reciever caught the pas in the front left corner of the end zone and the pylon was hit as the reciever was going out of bounds, but the ref said he was out of bounds. i couldn`t really tell and it doesn`t matter since the ref ruled it out of bounds.

Wow the legs cramps were epidemic tonight. Most were on JCM`s side , but both teams  struggled with the heat.

825729061[/snapback]

Germantown is really tough at home. Losses are tough, but JCM can grow from this one.