Page/Centennial Classic predictions

KYdigsTN

The big girl for Lebanon you are talking about is #44, London Elie.  Yep, she is a sophomore.  She is 6'2" truthfully.  We wish she was 6'4".  However, her arms add another 3 feet to her!!!  :thumb: #8 is a senior hitter who hits opposite, so I think you just got your numbers mixed up a bit.

We're just waiting for Icelyn, London's little sister, to hit the floor!

This weekend should be pretty interesting.  Go Lady Blue Devils!

825733167[/snapback]

Should be an interesting match. We have nobody to match that kind of size, but our speed and ball control "hopefully" can compensate for it.

The Lafayette girls had a tough match tonight against the top ranked public school in KY, Ryle High School. Ryle is ranked #7 just behind the big 6 catholic schools but our girls gave them a tough match losing in three 12-25, 25-21, 19-25. Ryle is probably at or very near the level of Brentwood. Not many teams take games from Ryle so winning one was a nice accomplishment. Winning the match would have been much better though. :thumb:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be an interesting match. We have nobody to match that kind of size, but our speed and ball control "hopefully" can compensate for it.

The Lafayette girls had a tough match tonight against the top ranked public school in KY, Ryle High School. Ryle is ranked #7 just behind the big 6 catholic schools but our girls gave them a tough match losing in three 12-25, 25-21, 19-25. Ryle is probably at or very near the level of Brentwood. Not many teams take games from Ryle so winning one was a nice accomplishment. Winning the match would have been much better though. ;)

825735445[/snapback]

Lafayette shouldn't worry too much about Lebanon. Wilson Central has beat them in 2 twice already this season and they don't match that size either. They may have the height but they don't have the skill...yet.

Did you win the Lexington tournament? I heard you played for the gold :)

I have added all the matches for Friday's Pool Play to every team's schedule. These added games are now on each team's Inside Page and will appear on the full schedule page when CoachT approves my entries. In the optional location area, you will find the start times and which pool each team is in. LDC stands for Labor Day Classic as I could not enter Page/Centennial Labor Day Classic because of limited field width. I will check with Page Coach Mindy Stone today (Thurs.) when Page plays Spring Hill to see if there have been any changes to the original schedule as shown above by Cowboys Up.

Lafayette shouldn't worry too much about Lebanon. Wilson Central has beat them in 2 twice already this season and they don't match that size either. They may have the height but they don't have the skill...yet.

Did you win the Lexington tournament? I heard you played for the gold :)

825735626[/snapback]

Yes. Lafayette went 5-0 and did win the tournament over a very talented Boone county team. Boone is always a very solid NKY team. It was a great way to start the season!

Had we been able to get that Ryle win last night it would have easily been the biggest win in school history. Losing stinks, but at least our girls no they have the talent to compete at that high level. Ryle didn't play any subs or do anything different in Lafayette's game two win. They just got beat. Unfortunately they stepped it up in game three to win the match. ;)

Yes. Lafayette went 5-0 and did win the tournament over a very talented Boone county team. Boone is always a very solid NKY team. It was a great way to start the season!

Had we been able to get that Ryle win last night it would have easily been the biggest win in school history. Losing stinks, but at least our girls no they have the talent to compete at that high level. Ryle didn't play any subs or do anything different in Lafayette's game two win. They just got beat. Unfortunately they stepped it up in game three to win the match.  ;)

825735692[/snapback]

KY - this is completely off topic, but if you get a chance, could you post the pools and play times for your tournament next weeked?

Thanks.

Here's Friday's Schedule of Matches:

At Centennial:

4 PM Centennial vs Ravenwood, BGA vs Spring Hill

5 PM Centennial vs David Lipscomb, BGA vs Hillsboro

6 PM Briarcrest vs Ravenwood, Smyrna vs Spring Hill

7 PM David Lipscomb vs Ravenwood, Hillsboro vs Spring Hill

8 PM Centennial vs Briarcrest, BGA vs Smyrna

9 PM Briarcrest vs David Lipscomb, Smyrna vs Hillsboro

At Page:

4 PM Page vs Columbia, Independence vs Lebanon

5 PM Page vs Nashville Christian, Independence vs Culleoka

6 PM Karns vs Columbia, Lafayette vs Lebanon

7 PM Nashville Christian vs Columbia, Culeoka vs Lebanon

8 PM Page vs Karns, Independence vs Lafayette

9 PM Karns vs Nashville Christian, Lafayette vs Culleoka

Saturday's Pool match-ups will be determined by Friday's pool play where basically there will be 2 pools of 1st & 2nd place teams playing at Centennial and 2 pools of 3rd & 4th place teams playing at Page. Single elimination bracket play will start at approximately 3 PM on Saturday with all 16 teams. There will be 4 divisions - Gold, Silver, Bronze, & Copper - where the teams will be seeded based on their pool play on both Friday night & Saturday morning.

Here's Friday's Schedule of Matches:

At Centennial:

4 PM Centennial vs Ravenwood, BGA vs Spring Hill

5 PM Centennial vs David Lipscomb, BGA vs Hillsboro

6 PM Briarcrest vs Ravenwood, Smyrna vs Spring Hill

7 PM David Lipscomb vs Ravenwood, Hillsboro vs Spring Hill

8 PM Centennial vs Briarcrest, BGA vs Smyrna

9 PM Briarcrest vs David Lipscomb, Smyrna vs Hillsboro

At Page:

4 PM Page vs Columbia, Independence vs Lebanon

5 PM Page vs Nashville Christian, Independence vs Culleoka

6 PM Karns vs Columbia, Lafayette vs Lebanon

7 PM Nashville Christian vs Columbia, Culeoka vs Lebanon

8 PM Page vs Karns, Independence vs Lafayette

9 PM Karns vs Nashville Christian, Lafayette vs Culleoka

Saturday's Pool match-ups will be determined by Friday's pool play where basically there will be 2 pools of 1st & 2nd place teams playing at Centennial and 2 pools of 3rd & 4th place teams playing at Page.  Single elimination bracket play will start at approximately 3 PM on Saturday with all 16 teams.  There will be 4 divisions - Gold, Silver, Bronze, & Copper - where the teams will be seeded based on their pool play on both Friday night & Saturday morning.

825737015[/snapback]

We're on our way down. Hopefully we wont run into any traffic problems.

GO GENERALS! :blink:

Here at Friday's game scores from the Page site:

Pool 3:

Page over Columbia 2-1 (25-20, 22-25, 15-9)

Page over Nashville Christian 2-0 (25-11, 25-15)

Karns over Columbia 2-0 (26-24, 25-20)

Columbia over Nashvillle Christian 2-0 (25-8, 25-12)

Karns over Page 2-0 (25-22, 25-16)

Karns over Nashville Christian 2-0 (25-16, 25-19)

Karns - 1st, Page - 2nd, Columbia - 3rd, Nashville Christian - 4th

Pool 4:

Independence over Lebanon 2-0 (25-16, 25-19)

Independence over Culleoka 2-0 (25-13, 25-12)

Lafayette over Lebanon 2-1 (25-13, 21-25, 16-14)

Lebanon over Culleoka 2-0 (25-21, 25-14)

Independence over Lafayette 2-1 (19-25, 25-23, 15-7)

Lafayette over Culleoka 2-0 (25-17, 25-13)

Independence - 1st, Lafayette - 2nd, Lebanon - 3rd, Culleoka - 4th

I have no results from the Centennial site.

I will analyze what information I have and try to determine Sat.'s pool play games. The only matches I know for certain are:

At Centennial:

9:30 - Independence vs Page, Karns vs Lafayette

At Page:

9:30 Lebanon vs Nashville Christian

12:30 Columbia vs Culleoka

There are a total of 24 Pool Matches starting at Centennial & Page at 8:30 AM on Sat. If I find out anything else, I will post early tomorrow morning.

If anyone knows of any scores from the Centennial site, please enter them on the scoreboard. Thanks.

I have not added any of Saturday's matches on any of the team's schedules since I'm not absolutely sure of the matches. They will be added late tomorrow night and the scoreboard will be updated when the matches appear on the schedule.

Gold Final: Lafayette over Centennial 2-0 (25-21, 25-11)

Semi-Final: Lafayette over Page 2-0 (25-18, 25-19)

Semi-Finals: Centennial over Independence 2-1 (22-25, 25-23, 15-9)

Silver Final: BGA over David Lipscomb 2-1 (15-25, 26-24, 15-13)

Semi-Final: BGA over Hillsboro 2-0 (25-22, 25-22)

Semi-Final: David Lipscomb over Karns 2-0 (25-18, 25-16)

Pool 1A Results:

Lipscomb over Hillsboro 2-0 (25-21, 25-16)

Independence over Page 2-0 (25-14, 25-15)

Page over Hillsboro 2-1 (25-23, 23-25, 15-11)

Independence over Lipscomb 2-0 (25-15, 25-18)

Independence over Hillsboro 2-0 (25-13, 25-18)

Page over Lipscomb 2-1 (25-21, 21-25, 15-12)

Pool 2A Results:

Centennial over BGA 2-0 (25-23, 25-22)

Lafayette over Karns 2-0 (25-19, 25-23)

Lafayette over Centennial 2-1 (25-12, 16-25, 15-6)

BGA over Karns 2-0 (25-20, 25-21)

Centennial over Karns 2-0 (25-22, 25-14)

Lafayette over BGA 2-0 (25-22, 25-17)

I'll post the results of Friday's pool play at Centennial shortly.

Pool 1:

Centennial over Ravenwood 2-0 (25-10, 25-11)

Lipscomb over Centennial 2-1 (29-31, 25-20, 15-12)

Briarcrest over Ravenwood 2-1 (21-25, 26-24, 15-11)

Lipscomb over Ravenwood 2-1 (25-13, 14-25, 15-11)

Centennial over Briarcrest 2-0 (25-16, 25-15)

Lipscomb over Briarcrest 2-0 (25-13, 25-18)

Lipscomb - 1st, Centennial - 2nd, Briarcrest - 3rd, Ravenwood - 4th

Pool 2:

BGA over Spring Hill 2-0 (25-16, 25-22)

BGA over Hillsboro 2-1 (27-29, 25-17, 15-12)

Spring Hill over Smyrna 2-0 (25-22, 25-20)

Hillsboro over Spring Hill 2-1 (25-16, 23-25, 15-13)

BGA over Smyrna (25-17, 25-14)

Hillsboro over Smyrna 2-0 (25-20, 25-19)

BGA - 1st, Hillsboro - 2nd, Spring Hill - 3rd, Smyrna - 4th

I do not have the full results of the Bronze & Copper matches at Page, but I believe that Briarcrest defeated Lebanon for the Bronze final.

General Comments:

I guess it was worth the ride for KYdigsTN & Generally Speaking as their Lafayette team took the Gold plaque back to Kentucky. Lafayette is a young team with lots of potential. I thought their OH #1 had some good kills with her great leaping ability and strong power. They did make a few errors, mainly in their serving, but overall they had the best team in the tournament. Centennial & Independence also looked good and their district match-ups for the remainder of the season should be great. BGA also did well as their Silver final match with Lipscomb was one of the best matches of the day. Page & Hillsboro played respectively, but both need more consistant play.

Edited by PageMan