BGA

Karns

Lebanon

Columbia Central

Culleoka

Nashville Christian

Hillsboro

Centennial

Assuming these are still the teams in this tournament, I'm curious as to who people here would pick as their top 4 and why. Have a little fun and see who gets closest. I'll start, but I'm leaving off Lafayette simply because I know so little about TN teams. Plus I dont want to jinx their chances. :D

1. Independence

2. Centennial

3. BGA

4. Page

Am I even close to how people here would rate these teams?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Independence is playing well for their new coach, and I could see them there. Lafayette will be there for sure, barring them not showing up. I have seen Centennial in the past week, and they are good.

Page is now playing really well under Coach Stone and they have so much tradition and pride working for them.

BGA has a great program and a great tradition, as well.

Briarcrest is always a beast out west and with Harding Acad. struggling from what I hear, they may be the team to beat out there in DII.

I saw Ravenwood back in summer and thought they looked much improved from last year.

Lebanon is getting healty and they have a HUGE lineup.

This looks to be a pretty salty tournament.

Independence is playing well for their new coach, and I could see them there.  Lafayette will be there for sure, barring them not showing up.  I have seen Centennial in the past week, and they are good. 

Page is now playing really well under Coach Stone and they have so much tradition and pride working for them.

BGA has a great program and a great tradition, as well.

Briarcrest is always a beast out west and with Harding Acad. struggling from what I hear, they may be the team to beat out there in DII.

I saw Ravenwood back in summer and thought they looked much improved from last year.

Lebanon is getting healty and they have a HUGE lineup.

This looks to be a pretty salty tournament.

825726825[/snapback]

So it's safe to say Lafayette is in a tough initial pool that includes Independence and Lebanon? Our girls beat Lebanon last year in two, but I do recall them having two large MB's. Hopefully those girls didn't work too hard in the off season or they could be tough.

So where are the predictions? B)

Edited by KYdigsTN

So it's safe to say Lafayette is a tough initial pool that includes Independence and Lebanon? Our girls beat Lebanon last year in two, but I do recall them having two large MB's. Hopefully those girls didn't work too hard in the off season or they could be real tough.

So where are the predictions?  B)

825726916[/snapback]

I saw #8 for Lebanon at Brentwood this past weekend. I was told she's only a Soph and I'm guessing at least 6' 4". I'd say she has a lot of potential but needs to have much more vball experience. Athletic but seemed to get turned around in circles. I know Hixson beat them, both games they played.

So it's safe to say Lafayette is in a tough initial pool that includes Independence and Lebanon? Our girls beat Lebanon last year in two, but I do recall them having two large MB's. Hopefully those girls didn't work too hard in the off season or they could be tough.

So where are the predictions?  B)

825726916[/snapback]

thinking........... B)

Got info on pools, format, etc.:

Format is as follows:

Fri. - 4 pools of 4

Sat. 4 pools of 4

Sat. Single Elimination Tournament

**Gold Division (4 teams)

**Silver Division (4 teams)

**Bronze Division (4 teams)

**Copper Division (4 teams)

Pool 1 & 2 will be played at Centennial

Pool 3 & 4 will be played at Page

Pool 1: 1) Centennial 2) Briarcrest 3) Lipscomb 4) Ravenwood

Pool 2: 1) BGA 2) Smyrna 3) Hillsboro 4) Spring Hill

Pool 3: 1) Page 2) Karns 3) Nash. Christian 4) Columbia Central

Pool 4: 1) Independence 2) Lafayette 3) Culleoka 4) Lebanon

Fri. pool play:

4 pm 1 vs 4

5 pm 1 vs 3

6 pm 2 vs 4

7 pm 3 vs 4

8 pm 1 vs 2

9 pm 2 vs 3

Sat. will re-pool according to results from Friday matches. Sat. pool play will begin at 8:30 am and last match for pool play will begin at 1:30.

Bracket play begins at 3 pm.

Good luck to everyone!!

Cant believe nobody will pick their choice for top 4. I'm not getting any scouting information out of this thread! :)

Lafayette started the official season this weekend in the Bluegrass Invt. We're off to a 5-0 start and won the championship. We knocked the #11(Apollo) and #16(Henry Clay) ranked teams in KY along the way. The preseason coaches poll has Lafayette ranked #23 so both of those wins were very good ones for us. Actually the unranked team from Northern KY(Boone Co) we beat in the championship game was better than both of those ranked teams though and were coming off a big tournament championship the previous weekend. Today was a VERY good day! :blink:

Hopefully our girls will make a good showing in the Classic next weekend.

Lafayette started the official season this weekend in the Bluegrass Invt. We're off to a 5-0 start and won the championship.

825730150[/snapback]

Where was the Bluegrass Invitational? Lexington, by chance? My daughter is an asst coach at Boyle Co HS in Danville and they were traveling to a tournament this weekend also. Of course, as her mom, that's all I know...it was a tournament. LOL

Where was the Bluegrass Invitational? Lexington, by chance? My daughter is an asst coach at Boyle Co HS in Danville and they were traveling to a tournament this weekend also. Of course, as her mom, that's all I know...it was a tournament. LOL

825730158[/snapback]

It was at the KBA in Lexington. Boyle county was there. Unfortunately they did not have a very good showing. I'm fairly certain they finished somewhere around the bottom 2-3 teams in the tournament.

Cant believe nobody will pick their choice for top 4. I'm not getting any scouting information out of this thread!  :(

825730150[/snapback]

Perhaps because not a one of us has seen every last team listed so far this season. But, knowing the history and tradition of most of these teams, I'll humor you, Digs.

1. Spring Hill

2. Culleoka

3. Briarcrest

4. Columbia Central

Ok, ok, so I can't finish the post without being serious. Here's an inkling from me:

Spring Hill- Were ok last year. They're a decent A-AA program (knocked down from AAA last year)

Briarcrest- Took Division II state a couple of years ago. They have down years and then great years. Not sure what to expect.

Smyrna- Decent AAA program. Have had some rather solid teams in recent years.

Page- They're Page. 'Nuff said.

Ravenwood- Young, respectable program stuck in the roughest district in the state, regardless of class. Heard very promising things. Would like to see them in person.

David Lipscomb- Still looking very good after last year's state title. Losing players like Karen Dorris hurts, but they're not weak by any measure.

Independence- Solid AAA program, stuck in the same tough district as Ravenwood. Will be stiff competition for all.

Lafayette, KY- Made a good showing last year, and, according to our friend from KY, is still rollin'.

BGA- Good program that needed to be taken to the next level. Now that they have Tracey Berry as coach, they can get there. Question is, will they? I've seen them briefly, but the jury is still out. BGA is my dark horse.

Karns- Respected East TN AAA program. Fielded some good teams in the past, sent a few girls to college on scholarship. No idea about this year.

Lebanon- Respectable local AAA program. Played decent ball @ Brentwood last weekend.

Columbia Central- Heard they're playing well. This remains to be seen by the all-knowing volleyball fans of this site. Jury is out, but won't take long to render a verdict.

Culleoka- On and off program from a decidedly weak A-AA district.

Nashville Christian- No solid info out. Did ok last year @ the Classic.

Hillsboro- Struggling AAA program- same district as Independence/Ravenwood. When they're on, they play decent ball. When they're off... enough said.

Centennial- Solid, respected program from the same district again! Setter (Class of 2005) playing at Samford University in Birmingham. Haven't had a good look this year, but they won't be steamrolled by much of anyone at Page.

Take from it what you will. Enjoy!

It was at the KBA in Lexington. Boyle county was there. Unfortunately they did not have a very good showing. I'm fairly certain they finished somewhere around the bottom 2-3 teams in the tournament.

825730191[/snapback]

Oh, I have no doubt it was a poor showing. They are a small school with no middle school program at all. In fact, my daughter's JV team has 8th graders on it. Most never hit a volleyball before 9th grade! This is her first year coaching and a good place to start...definitely a challenge.

I saw #8 for Lebanon at Brentwood this past weekend. I was told she's only a Soph and I'm guessing at least 6' 4". I'd say she has a lot of potential but needs to have much more vball experience. Athletic but seemed to get turned around in circles. I know Hixson beat them, both games they played.[/code]

The big girl for Lebanon you are talking about is #44, London Elie. Yep, she is a sophomore. She is 6'2" truthfully. We wish she was 6'4". However, her arms add another 3 feet to her!!! :D #8 is a senior hitter who hits opposite, so I think you just got your numbers mixed up a bit.

We're just waiting for Icelyn, London's little sister, to hit the floor!

This weekend should be pretty interesting. Go Lady Blue Devils!