Ooltewah at McMinn

denlron

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first of all ooltewah is not that dominant. they are as beatable as anyone other than oakridge in the region. yes they have great individual players like marshall, caldwell, gaston, and mcdade. but as a whole they have weeknesses just like everybody else. their special teams is a little less than average and they are in my assesment of watching 20hrs of tape not that physical against the run.

GO TRIBE!!! :thumb:

first of all ooltewah is not that dominant. they are as beatable as anyone other than oakridge in the region. yes they have great individual players like marshall, caldwell, gaston, and mcdade. but as  a whole they have weeknesses just like everybody else. their special teams is a little less than average and they are in my assesment of watching 20hrs of tape not that physical  against the run. 

825736165[/snapback]

First off you are insane Cookeville had to throw on us and Rhea is a passing team. Cookeville only started to gain positive yards in the second half because their passing attack was that good we had to adjust to it and play safe. I'll put it this way if you are a team that relies heavily on the run it will be a long night for those who attempt that. Ooltewah can score faster than possibly any team in the state. Poor officiating in the last two games has cost us dearly because IMO we should have a total of 86 PF and 14 against. You watched 20 hours of film then you should have noticed we ran a 3-4 against Rhea and they still could not break the century mark. Who ever rushes for the most yards will win the game bottom line. Ooltewah averages about 290 so good luck.

2 fumbles and 6 INT's to

1 & 0

+7 takeaways

first of all ooltewah is not that dominant. they are as beatable as anyone other than oakridge in the region. yes they have great individual players like marshall, caldwell, gaston, and mcdade. but as  a whole they have weeknesses just like everybody else. their special teams is a little less than average and they are in my assesment of watching 20hrs of tape not that physical  against the run. 

825736165[/snapback]

haha you may have watched 20 hrs of game tape, but you obviously didn't really look at what you were watching, b/c you would see a team that held rhea under 100 yards rushing and cookeville(a top 10 team in the state at the time) under 30 yards for the first half....and like imaowl said, last year you mcminn guys said ooltewah couldn't stop the run, especially mcminn's, and you guys had maybe 50 yards rushing, i dont really know, but this running d is even better than last years...mark it down, burke and mcdade both get at least 12 tackles in this game and dominate the mcminn rushing attack

Let me set the record straight so some of you idiots will shut up. Owls will beat McMinn by as many as they want. Chatt. Central is a joke, and will be for a long time. Who gives a crap about Carson newman playing on css. Carson newman is a small step above high school jv football. Soddy Daisy is fat and out of shape. They are washed up like some of their staff is, period. Cleveland, Ooltewah, Tyner, and McCallie are the only teams in the Chatt area that are worth talking about. And everyone knows McCallie cheats.

825735992[/snapback]

Ouch! Do you like anybody? I guess you don't know too much about C-N football. Sorry, but they have a pretty good team; certainly not Div 1A or AA for that matter, but H.S. football? You gotta be kidding!

Having an attitude doesn't help anything. Let's just debate the facts.

825736165[/snapback]

Well, I don't know about them not being dominant. I am not from OHS, but did get to see them play at Rhea. That game could have easily been 70-7. Rhea only had one good drive and never was able to get their passing game going. I would agree that they dropped a lot of passes, but their receivers were hearing a lot of footsteps as well.

I was pretty impressed in this game with OHS's versatility and their ability to keep bringing talent out on the field. Wow! Pretty quick; not really big, but it will be difficult for anyone but Oak Ridge to beat this team if they keep improving each week.

This game will only be close if OHS does not come to play.

random comments:

1.  The ball doesn't have to be catchable in high school football in order for there to be pass interference.  Do you even have a rule book?

2.  Ooltewah's secondary is not improving.  Rhea Co. might not have completed many passes but that's because they could not catch the ball.  Dropped at least 10 balls.  Had nothing to do with the Owls DBs.

825736042[/snapback]

Hey 27ALLGO, just GOALL the way to the house....44-21 - and a sloppy 1/2 of game.

SergeantOwl22 - You're stating your opinion (The Owls have a good secondary) and I'm stating a fact (Rhea DID drop at least 10 passes against you guys) and I'm an idiot?!

I never said that Ooltewah didn't wax Rhea. I never said that Ooltewah won't wax McMinn this week. I've never said that Ooltewah isn't a great team. I'm just not impressed with their secondary. Rhea had guys open all night last week but couldn't catch a cold. Having four ints don't necessarily make a good secondary. Just watch UT's. They get ints, too, but they always stink!