Jp2 wins the Bishop's Cup

timbdp

p2 went 7-3 last yr in the regular season so winning is becoming a tradition, quite the opposite of Ryan the last several years. This is only JP2's fourth year in existence and they have now assumed the leading rold in Catholic athletics in Nashville and BY FAR passed Ryan in academics (that wasn't hard) Jp2 also beat Greenbriar last week the 3a state runner up from last yr so destroying a Father Ryan team that is lucky to win 2 or 3 games on the D2 AAA level (hardest in the state) with Ryan's schedule being as hard as it is not surprising. Ryan has played sloppy this year, just ask Ravenwood who made them look just as bad in their scrimmage. This was no fluke, 49-21 is hard to be a fluke anyway. Ryan fans and players especially are really good at talking and excuses, of course their play of the last several years has made that almost a neccessity.

unanymous, you are stupid and a coward. Pope has done well against but I woudlnt say they have assumed the leading roll in athletics and academis for Catholic schools. Football is not the only sport played in high school, and it seems you have a hard time understanding this. Ryan is DOMINANT in the following sports : basketball, soccer (champions), volleyball (champions), wrestling (champions), swimming, bowling, lacrosse (girls champions). OUR teams win championships, and Pope might has won one or two but not enough to say they are better than sports than us, cause thats ########. Beat us football? Who hasnt? Academic wise, Ryan produces outstanding scholars that Pope cant even touch, but I wont get into that.

But while we are talking about smarts, I have one thing to say. Ryan doesnt think when they play. They lack discipline in what what they do. Fumbling 2 punts 2x in the first half was bad. Kicking a punt RIGHT TO Golden Tate was pretty stupid. Constant turnovers, lots of flags, and giving up - That sums up Father Ryan football. Lussier must be feeling like sugar right now. Jemmison is laughing.

The first half was a excellent half for the Irish. They caused 2 turnovers, but had 2 of their own by the same player (who seems that he cant catch a ball). Hausman is Ryan's Mule, he is carrying this team on his back and everyone cannot contribute.

I cant say Pope was the better team, all I can say is they are the smarter team and they didnt give up. As IRISHDOG said before, we DID give up after Pope scored 28. Our guys just gave up, which has become tradition in the 2nd half.

But if we play the way we did in the first half, we can win games (but first we need a new punt returner, learn how to NOT MAKE TURNOVERS, and stop making stupid penalties). Lussier needs to play SENIORS if he wants progress, I would take Experience over Talent any day of the week. Why half the offense and half the defense starters are sophmores is still a mystery to me. Plenty of darn good seniors are sitting and watching on the sideline, and these guys CAN make a difference.

Heres how we win. Dont give up after halftime. If your too short to see over the line, dont blindy throw the ball. Play the senios. Catch punt returns. Dont give the other team excellent chances to score. Eliminate turnovers sometime today? Stop making penalties. And dont stop til the final whistle. Ryan should have won last night, but they have no heart, they dont have the discipline, and they still lack in coaching.

Lets face it Irish fans, we need a new coaching staff for Lussier. The current ones just dont know enough to what to do in these situations.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes i have to agree with FRW... simply because you won a football game does not mean you have surpassed us as an athletic whole....we have won as many state championships in the past 10 years as anyone in the state...cept for probably Baylor...as for academically.... you have to be kidding me... Father Ryan is a special place where the academics are as hard as you want it to be... so we have some kids that arent in the smartest classes... so what... we accept anyone .... but as a matter of fact we have great scholors... we send plenty of people to great colleges and offer a great number of Honors and AP classes....please don't try to trash our school in those aspects when you are obviously ignorant to the facts... this is a football thread..keep it to football....

ryan usually sends more to the ivy's each year than mba

825730072[/snapback]

It's funny how Ryan got 6 kids into Notre Dame last year and MBA got none. Not sure about jp2 but I know they didn't get 6. Ryan got countless others into good schools besides ND, ex: Vandy, Tulane, Air Force, and West Point. I'm not knocking on MBA's or JP2's academics, just sticking up for Ryan's. FRW was right about being good in other sports. I couldn't see the game last night but congratulations to jp2, just wish we could have had a chance to play last year.

You could send one kid to Harvard, another to MTSU, but judging by what and indivivual could do, the kid who went to Harvard will work for the one who went to MTSU. Life is all about 3 things: Faith, Courage, Desire.

FRHS Football players, I say this: Faith, Courage, Desire. One of you needs to step up and lead this team, you cannot do it alone. Even Billy May took a step up his sophmore year, and guys counted on him, he was good. There are leaders on that team, and there is that one who is coming back...(and shall bring those who left with him).

Christian Brothers. Get ready. WOW everyone again!

You could send one kid to Harvard, another to MTSU, but judging by what and indivivual could do, the kid who went to Harvard will work for the one who went to MTSU. Life is all about 3 things: Faith, Courage, Desire.

There are leaders on that team, and there is that one who is coming back...(and shall bring those who left with him).

Christian Brothers. Get ready. WOW everyone again!

825730196[/snapback]

FRW... what do you mean by the last part, and who is this one that is coming back?

Last time a looked this was a high school sports site. I understand that there will be a liitle cross over because..... high school students. This site is not about SAT, ACT, band, yearbook, speech,crossing-guard, cross-country, volley/ball, or lacross. The thread is about how the football players, alumni, and fans wrote a check that the KNIGHTS of JP2 sent back because of insuffieient funds. I am sure that there are may things more important than sports...change the station. Notre Dame...what in the HECK are you talkin about. SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP.. RYAN has always talked a great game, RYAN got the HECK beat out of them, END of story. The first Bishop cup... RYAN, you lost, in a big huge freakin way. Do not come on this site and spout about college entrance percentages relative to others, that is important but this site is about high school sports. JP2 you have nothing to prove, come to think of it Father Ryan Players you have nothing to prove as well. You gave it your all, that is all that can be asked. Ryan was insufficeint.

Last time a looked this was a high school sports site.  I understand that there will be a liitle cross over because..... high school students.  This site is not about SAT, ACT, band, yearbook, speech,crossing-guard, cross-country, volley/ball, or lacross.  The thread is about how the football players, alumni, and fans wrote a check that the KNIGHTS  of JP2 sent back because of insuffieient funds.  I am sure that there are may things more important than sports...change the station.  Notre Dame...what in the HECK are you talkin about.  SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP.. RYAN has always talked a great game, RYAN got the HECK beat out of them, END of story.  The first Bishop cup... RYAN, you lost, in a big huge freakin way.  Do not come on this site and spout about college entrance percentages relative to others, that is important but this site is about high school sports.  JP2 you have nothing to prove, come to think of it Father Ryan Players you have nothing  to prove as well.  You gave it your all, that is all that can be asked.  Ryan was insufficeint.

825730397[/snapback]

hey... ummm is this carrico? or do you go to jp2?