Marion County @ Boyd Buchanan

Rodman15

Gordon Lee Fan i dont think anyone was down playing your teams ability. These are things people are pointing out that Boyd will need to do better to win this week. Everyone knows (atleast that was at the game) about what your team was able to accomplish saturday at finley, adn we all know how much ur team has improved.

Anyways back on subject..This is a big game for Boyd because 1. it is a region game and all region games are important, and 2. this will show us if boyd can hang with the teams in this region. I look for Boyd to come out fired up, especially after the heart breaking loss at finley. The running game is on, like it has been in recent years, but weston hasnt been able to get many completions this year. that will be fixed im sure this week b/c the offensive coaches always have a plan and can adjust. there is no doubt in my mind that the offense can put up points, but can the defense stop marion from puttin up points. defense needs to pick it up, b/c giving up 42 points isnt gonna win u many games. but i believe they will step it up big this week and win this one by atleast 2 tds.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gordon Lee Fan i dont think anyone was down playing your teams ability. These are things people are pointing out that Boyd will need to do better to win this week. Everyone knows (atleast that was at the game)  about what your team was able to accomplish saturday at finley, adn we all know how much ur team has improved.

Anyways back on subject..This is a big game for Boyd because 1. it is a region game and all region games are important, and 2. this will show us if boyd can hang with the teams in this region.  I look for Boyd to come out fired up, especially after the heart breaking loss at finley.  The running game is on, like it has been in recent years, but weston hasnt been able to get many completions this year. that will be fixed im sure this week b/c the offensive coaches always have a plan and can adjust. there is no doubt in my mind that the offense can put up points, but can the defense stop marion from puttin up points. defense needs to pick it up, b/c giving up 42 points isnt gonna win u many games. but i believe they will step it up big this week and win this one by atleast 2 tds.

825731734[/snapback]

Thanks for that comment reaction. I appreciate your words. As you said, back to the subject. One comparison you might draw is that GL and Marion Co. have a common opponent. GL beat Ridgeland 7-0 in week 1. Marion Co. beat them in a scrimmage 21-0. However, during the scrimmage, Ridgeland did not have their #1 QB available. He did play in the GL game. He's a play maker I can assure you. This does lead me to believe that Marion and GL are at least of similar calibur. Should be a good game between the Bucs and MC as long as Boyd has their tailback playing. The kids a stud.

Very interesting thread. I'm not ready to make any predictions until I know the health status of Hathaway.

I will say this, this thread's subtitle is "let the rivalry begin" or something like that. I'm not positive, but it could be that BBS and Marion County have played before way back when the Bucs were first getting off the ground in the late 70's or early '80's. I know they have played a few times before in basketball. Does anyone know whether they have met on the gridiron? I'm sure there are some old-timers that know whether or not this is the "beginning" or a renewal of an old series.

BTW, Gordon Lee deserved to win last week's game. They were better than the Bucs at Finley last Saturday. That is all that really matters. Congratulations to Mattos, Crowder and company. I believe the Bucs can and will learn and improve from this.

I look for Boyd to come out fired up, especially after the heart breaking loss at finley.  but i believe they will step it up big this week and win this one by atleast 2 tds.

825731734[/snapback]

...I hope you are right...that was a tough "emotional" loss for Boyd-B and sometimes it is hard to get a loss like that out of the playes mind...I don't doubt the coaches ability to have the team focused for this game, but I still say it will be decided by a TD (6 or 7 pts.)...by either team!!!

We played them in the 80's. It wasn't really a rivalry though. As you said, Boyd was just getting started with their program and we were hitting out stride. Boyd has come a long way from those days.

825732141[/snapback]

I believe that the last time we played was 82. Either MC moved up to 2a or into another district in 83...but I could be wrong. If so then we played last in 83.

I was in the 82 game. We went 0-10 that year and MC lost in the State Final. We played at their place. We had about 3 senior starters, 3 juniors, and a bunch of us Sophomores. Coach C put his second stringers in in the middle of the third. Toward the end of the third our qb (Rudolph) threw a prayer into the endzone from about the 40 and the MC safety intercepted it...but I took it out of his hands on the way down. It was our only score...final 56 - 6. MC could have scored a hundred if they had wanted to. The Valley has a long and distinguished Football history, and MC is a big part of it.

I too was at the game with GL, and GL looked very good... however, I think Boyd is much better then they looked Saturday. They gave up to much in the special team’s game (I bet that gets fixed) they also gave up a few big plays (same thing).

In the middle of the second quarter GL only had 40 or so yards rushing and 0 passing.

I think they fix the problems and the coaching staff gets them back on track... The only hitch I see is if they look past Marion to there next three games.

Marion 24

Boyd 48

Edited by SCHSTribe

I too was at the game with GL, and GL looked very good... however, I think Boyd is much better then they looked Saturday. They gave up to much in the special team’s game (I bet that gets fixed) they also gave up a few big plays (same thing).

In the middle of the second quarter GL only had 40 or so yards rushing and 0 passing.

I think they fix the problems and the coaching staff gets them back on track... The only hitch I see is if they look past Marion to there next three games.

Marion 24

Boyd  48

825732403[/snapback]

I agree with the score. I think Boyd will walk all over Marion. I don't think Marion will score 24.

Very interesting thread.  I'm not ready to make any predictions until I know the health status of Hathaway. 

I will say this, this thread's subtitle is "let the rivalry begin" or something like that.  I'm not positive, but it could be that BBS and Marion County have played before way back when the Bucs were first getting off the ground in the late 70's or early '80's.  I know they have played a few times before in basketball.  Does anyone know whether they have met on the gridiron?  I'm sure there are some old-timers that know whether or not this is the "beginning" or a renewal of an old series.

BTW, Gordon Lee deserved to win last week's game.  They were better than the Bucs at Finley last Saturday.  That is all that really matters.  Congratulations to Mattos, Crowder and company.  I believe the Bucs can and will learn and improve from this.

825732100[/snapback]

Sadly the players today got the news that hathaway tore his ACL and will not be playing for the rest of the season. This is a great loss for Boyd and Hathaway had so much potential. Its sad that things like this have to happen but theres nothing anyone can do. :thumb:

Sadly the players today got the news that hathaway tore his ACL and will not be playing for the rest of the season. This is a great loss for Boyd and Hathaway had so much potential. Its sad that things like this have to happen but theres nothing anyone can do.  :)

825732542[/snapback]

This is one of those times that you hope that what you're reading on the internet is not true...not just for the team, but for a fine young man.

Hathaway had about 440 yards rushing and 6 touchdowns in the first two games. He was the major weapon on an otherwise young team. This changes everything.

If you're reading this, Anthony, our hearts are with you. Don't be discouraged...you're a great player, and you'll get 'em next year! :thumb:

Sadly the players today got the news that hathaway tore his ACL and will not be playing for the rest of the season. This is a great loss for Boyd and Hathaway had so much potential. Its sad that things like this have to happen but theres nothing anyone can do.  :thumb:

825732542[/snapback]

Can someone confirm this?

Bald coach?