Lenior City @ Powell

Slick24

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

robpride,

Couldn't agree with you more.  Seems as if the coaches at Powell do not make there players show sprotsmanship.  Powell has had no class since Duncan left the program and the players get it from there coaches. 

nuff said,

bbs

ps. Sure haven't heard much from old mtv this week - he must suffer from the same problem

825733076[/snapback]

OK, Bobby. Exactly what would you like to hear from me? I told you once that I am not privy to why the players in question didn't participate in the traditional handshake after the game. I'm not going to make comment on or pass judgement on something that I don't have firsthand information about.

Read this very carefully and very slowly: Webb played well and won the game. Case closed.

And, yes, i've got a lot more important things to do than to argue with you on this forum. Like the old saying goes, never argue with idiots. They will only bring you down to their level.

Enjoy basking in your glory.

Powell will bounce back. They were beat by a well coached team. The Panthers were just not ready to play. This week is a region game. They will be ready. This team cannot just be a Cody and Lee game. They will have to win as a team. Good teams will stop Cody and Lee. They will get it together this week. Panthers by 14, Powell Panthers that is.

Although I am a big fan of Nick White, I just don't think they have the players to play in 4A yet. The key word being yet.

I'll bet anyone 1 million dollars that the Panthers win this football game outright and without question.....NE takers?? :D

825732468[/snapback]

Ok, I'll take the panthers... :D

I agree LL, they were out coached...this is nothing new to their fans. I mean no angst with that Powell fans...I just think you can do better and always have. :thumb:

Go REAL Panthers!! (Powell)

Edited by Rebel Nation

Can anyone give me a breakdown of Powell's run to pass ratio last week? I think Powell needs to find an identity. They are a power running, play action pass, ball control team. They need to take advantage of the size and strength advantage up front. Defensively, how much did they blitz? They run the 3-5 which is all about pressure, but they seem more suited for a 5-3 defense. They should let those big D1 guys whip the man in front of them. However, I still think Powell wins Friday.

mtv,

It seems to me that you have your feathers just a little bit ruffled. Now, I know you are sooooo upset with your panthers for not beating a much lower class team in Webb. i bet the Webb players wouldhave shook hands if Powell had won that game. But since Powell didn't win and hasn't beat Webb in the last 3 years, we'll never know.

If you consider to lower yourself to my standards, then ditch the black and orange and pick up some red and white, haul your but to Central on Friday and watch my debils pick up there second vicotry this year.

You say you are not privey to things that happen, every other time you get on here, you allways say, I KNOW THIS TO BE FACT"

bbs

Edited by bobbybooshay

Everyone's been counting lenoir city out all year just because they're that 3A team moving into one of the, if not The toughest regions in the state. I personally feel like Powell is overrated...every year the media hypes them up as state contenders and the media is thus put to shame...not by the players, but possibly because they're getting outcoached. Powell has the tallent, but it doesn't matter what tallent you got if you can't put the tallent in the right places.

I'm getting that feeling just like I had before Powell played Webb. What has Webb done? Oh, they beat Halls in the jamboree. Powell will demolish Webb then. Same scenario, different team. What has Lenoir City done? Well, they've beaten Cumberland and Campbell County or something like that. Well, I think I'll take Lenoir City in this one...with a fullback trap winning it by 1.