Wilson Central at Smyrna

jmu031

It is awful quite on CoachT after WC wins 38 - 14..  Which is more than a 3 TD spread.  Great game and Smyrna kept coming back.  Tooo much yellow on the field from the refs and almost all one sided but the Wildcats still won.  Hope people beleive the Wildcats are for real now. 

The McChurch boys showed the family can hit!

Congrats to Coach Alexander, his staff and especially the players. 

Hand it to Sonny Gray, he is a competitor with a rifle.

825737676[/snapback]

Could you give us a few details about the scoring?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Coach Alexander and his staff on an impressive win. This was pure domination, except for two long Smyrna pass plays and a PI in the end zone. Wilson Central is so balanced and beats people in so many ways. Tonight, Henry and Lopez were the offensive stars. Hardy, Majors, Williams, and Bryant made 1-2 big plays, and Scott is Cool Hand Luke running that offense. And the Dub-C defense brought the pain hardcore to the brain tonight. Mr. Wilks (who is darn good) meet the younger Mr. McChurch. He'll be looking for him the next time he runs a slant route. YOU GOT JACKED UP!!!!!!! And Sonny, gutsy effort (Shadowens had no business playing him tonight on a bad wheel against that high energy a defense) but the older McChurch laid the wood to him several times. I will go ahead and say it.......nobody other than Riverdale will beat Wilson Central in that Region, it just ain't gonna happen, unless Henry or Scott go down for any extended period of time. I've been watching these "Rutherford region" teams for years now and this Wilson Central team is as good as some of those Smyrna teams in 1998 and 2003 and the Blackman team in 2002 that could at least hang on the field with Riverdale and make it interesting. They are the real deal and would be a BlueCross Bowl contender if they weren't staring the 2,000lb Gorilla in the face. They have 7 guys who can beat you with the ball in their hands and the inverted Wing-T allows all of them to touch it. Good job Dub-C, get healthy during the bye next week and get ready for the stretch run.

Here's tonight's Box Score from the Wilson Central-Smyrna game (Thanks Tennessean)

Box Score: Wilson Central 38, Smyrna 14

Friday, September 2, 2005

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 OT Total

Wilson Central 0 17 7 14 0 38

Smyrna 0 7 7 0 0 14

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second Quarter

WCHS — Lopez 3 run (McGee kick), 8:45

WCHS — Scott 1 run (McGee kick), 6:02

SHS — Hendricks 11 run (Hosford kick), 2:12

WCHS — McGee 20 FG, 0:00

Third Quarter

WCHS — Henry 15 run (McGee kick), 6:16

SHS — Harris 7 run (Hosford kick), 1:01

Fourth Quarter

WCHS — Lopez 3 run (McGee kick), 10:43

WCHS — Henry 10 run (McGee kick), 3:11

Game statistics

First downs Rushes Passing Pass yards Fumbles Punts Penalties

Wilson Central 17 39-282 4-8-0 125 0-0 3-37.3 11-95

Smyrna 12 24-82 11-22-1 223 2-1 1-36.0 9-76

Individual statistics

Smyrna

Rushing

Sonny Gray: 3--16

Marceo Harris: 10-27, 1 TD

Antoine Hendricks: 11-71, 1 TD

Passing (CMP-ATT-INT-YDS)

Sonny Gray: 10-20-1-215

Tyler Slater: 1-2-0-8

Receiving

Josh Crouch: 1-7

Demarcus Martin: 4-85

Rodriguez Wilks: 6-131

Punting

Michael Hosford: 1-36.0

Kicking (FG-FGA XP-XPA Pts.)

Michael Hosford: 0-0 2-2 2

Wilson Central

Rushing

Ladarian Hardy: 4-32

Steven Henry: 11-69, 2 TD

Danny Lopez: 8-75, 2 TD

J.T. Majors: 8-36

Connor McChurch: 1-44

Mitch McChurch: 4-10

Aaron Scott: 3-16, 1 TD

Passing (CMP-ATT-INT-YDS)

Steven Henry: 1-1-0-53

Aaron Scott: 3-7-0-72

Receiving

Bryce Bryant: 1-53

Steven Henry: 1-8

Ishmael Saddler: 1-27

Melvin Williams: 1-37

Kicking (FG-FGA XP-XPA Pts.)

Eric McGee: 1-1 5-5 8

everyone who thought all the "smack" i was talking realizes that what ive been saying is for real now. we are not just some team in the district anymore, we are for real! I am highly looking forward to the Riverdale game, but we also need to not overlook a very good Gallatin team. but im telling yall, come September 30 i know where everyone should want to be. i honestly think it will be a matchup between a 5-0 Wilson Central team and a 6-0 Riverdale team, which could end up being an epic game. and no, we're not just hoping to hang with them like last year, this year, our team honestly believe we can BEAT them (riverdale).

everyone who thought all the "smack" i was talking realizes that what ive been saying is for real now. we are not just some team in the district anymore, we are for real! I am highly looking forward to the Riverdale game, but we also need to not overlook a very good Gallatin team. but im telling yall, come September 30 i know where everyone should want to be. i honestly think it will be a matchup between a 5-0 Wilson Central team and a 6-0 Riverdale team, which could end up being an epic game. and no, we're not just hoping to hang with them like last year, this year, our team honestly believe we can BEAT them (riverdale).

825737824[/snapback]

I dont think many people are underestimating WC except for WC people i know i have been saying all off season that yall will finsh 2nd in the region and could give us a game so calm down we know about you on the 30th at your house AGAIN i WILL be there and hopefully i will get there early this year so that i can sit on the RIVERDALE side instead of WC side

• 5 weeks later...