Best Sports Movie

ydet

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since i started this topic, i figure i should put in my opinion. First of all, the only reason Friday Night Lights is getting mentioned is because it is new. The game scenes are unrealistic, the acting is bad, and the story isnt so hot either.

There are so many good movies it is impossible to rank them perfectly. This is My List In no particular order

Coach Carter-a little unrealistic game scenes but possibly the best story ever.

Rudy- The only movie i ever cried in (tears of joy when thay carried him off the feild) not much actual action, but great story.

Hoosiers- very realistic. great acting. good story.

Remember the Titans-Good story, good acting, Great action. (ive seen this movie way too many times)

Major League-purposfully unrealistic. It is hillarious while still keeping good baseball form.

all these a re good movies no doubt but i have seen only a few people on here mention "The Program"

it was a good story like all these other sports movies do but it has one ting that the other movies don't have: Halle "SMOKING HOT" Berry

and if ya'll dont think that has enough ingredients for a good sports movie then let me ask u one thing:

WHAT IS WRONG WIT YA PLAYA?

all these a re good movies no doubt but i have seen only a few people on here mention "The Program"

it was a good story like all these other sports movies do but it has one ting that the other movies don't have: Halle "SMOKING HOT" Berry

and if ya'll dont think that has enough ingredients for a good sports movie then let me ask u one thing:

WHAT IS WRONG WIT YA PLAYA?

825744239[/snapback]

Has everybody forgotten about One on One with Robbie Benson. No one mentioned this great movie. This from an old basketball player!!

825746118[/snapback]

One on One was OK , a little too cliche ridden for me. Evil, uncaring coach , Polly pure student athlete , etc.

Hosiers may be the best. Some of the Rockys were pretty good. May be a stretch for some to call it a sports movie but I really enjoyed the street fighting flick

" Hard Times " with Charles Bronson and Jimmy Cobourn.