Catholic vs AE

KCHSCoach

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I need to hold off judgement until a little later in the season. I cant wait to see how they do against Livingston.

825738802[/snapback]

I think that would be a good idea. I mean, come on now, you're judging AE because they're not blowing teams out and that they lost their first regular season game in 2 years. Wait until November and then say what you want about AE. Remember you have to beat AE twice in order to advance to the Boro.

You keep saying that you can't wait until AE plays LA, what about Catholic? They play LA week after next so are you excited about that game too? Irish fans come down off Cloud 9, there's a lot of football left.

Come on dude.  I gave Catholic their props so what are you talkin' about?  Like many people are saying, It's a long season and I'm sure AE will see Catholic again.

825738627[/snapback]

Next time they'll play at Catholic. Being a high school coach in East Tennessee, I've noticed that all coaches in the KFL are whiners. Watch A-E's boys basketball coach.

A friend of mine who coaches football in Knoxville told me that if Catholic won everyone would say that A-E is down. When A-E beat Fulton last week everyone was saying how great they were, and someone stated "Catholic welcome to real high school football". I guess my friend was right. Everyone makes excuses when they lose. Except Fulton I never hear them give excuses for a loss. No matter what people say Catholic did a great job and beat a team with far superior speed and athleticism. A-E is going to have a good year. Coach Graham will make them better. KCHS played one heck of a game and trust me they won't get the big head, because Coach Pemberton won't allow it. They'll approach their next game as if it was a lost.

Not in any way am I saying that anyteam would have won Friday had the refs called it different. I am saying that a ref can change the whole aspect of the game for a team with several bad calls. I saw it happen 3 or 4 over the past several years. They can change the momentum of the game for a team, and yes it can change the outcome of a game.

Last year I saw and heard a ref make a medical decision about a player on one team, while the same injury happened to the other team and he said he was alright. The same ref made several questionable calls that did change the outcome of the game.

I also have a problem with a ref that never played the game, they just would not understand every aspect. Forgive me for being that Stereotypical type, but I have seen evidence from several, including a friend of mine that refs and did not play. He knows how I feel.

I will say one last thing, it is hard to be a ref and not be paritial. Yes refs do call games for schools they once played for, and also schools they hate.

Could it be coaching?  Last week AE lost a game to a very talented Fulton team.

825740503[/snapback]

Last week, AE beat Fulton. However, there's no excuses coming from AE nor its fans. AE lost the game point blank. They must build on that lost and prove to all you haters out there that there's still life at AE.

THere's a lot of football left...

GO AE!!!

THis is my last post on this thread. It's KArns weeks