Union City @ Lake County

bhhvols

Yes, that "Middle School defense" you talked about earlier did make Lake County look pretty bad.  :blink:  :thumb:

825738378[/snapback]

Congratulations to the Tornadoes - players and coaches! Keep it up BK. Nate is playing well, huh?!? Not bad for a guy who hasn't played football in a few years. Obviously, you guys on the line a blowing open some pretty good running lanes.

I think Westview proved how good they are Friday night by beating Huntingdon - a team that's been to the 2A finals the last two years. So, the answer to the question that followed week one (Is Westview that good or is UC that bad?) has been answered. Westview is an elite team in 2A and UC is one their way to being one of 1A's top teams.

Good luck against Milan!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to the Tornadoes - players and coaches!  Keep it up BK.  Nate is playing well, huh?!?  Not bad for a guy who hasn't played football in a few years.  Obviously, you guys on the line a blowing open some pretty good running lanes. 

I think Westview proved how good they are Friday night by beating Huntingdon - a team that's been to the 2A finals the last two years.  So, the answer to the question that followed week one (Is Westview that good or is UC that bad?) has been answered.  Westview is an elite team in 2A and UC is one their way to being one of 1A's top teams.

Good luck against Milan!

825739247[/snapback]

I have been watching comments about who the best team in Class A is. Nobody in Middle and East Tennessee realize who Union City is. I keep seeing Trousdale County, Cloudland, etc. Maybe Union City can sneak up on them after getting out of the region and Jackson. :lol:

I have been watching comments about who the best team in Class A is. Nobody in Middle and East Tennessee realize who Union City is. I keep seeing Trousdale County, Cloudland, etc. Maybe Union City can sneak up on them after getting out of the region and Jackson. :thumb:

825740372[/snapback]

[/q

You guys made a believer out of me...From what I saw ,U.C. should do very well against anyone..If they stay injury free,I could envision them being in the Boro!

By the way...even the U.C. band was better...lol...But seriously..when a school doesn't have a band ,I believe the crowd recognizes a great band..Most Lake Co fans stood and gave the band a great ovation..U.C. has a terriffic band..

825740937[/snapback]

How was the crowd at the game??...Did Union City bring a bunch of folks??..How about Lake County's fans..Did they fill their side up???.....

ok listen all u uc people lc wasnt even supposed to play yall b/c yall lack 10 people from bein a 2a school so I dont want to hear how bad yall beat us I mean duh yall had like 60 players we only had like maybe half as many so naw of course yall beat us it dont take no brain surgeon to do the math so in other words we shouldn't even have to have played yall it was unfair plus yall have got to realize Yall are not all that so I dont want to hear yall putting lake county down b/c we lost if it ween't for yall we would still be no.1 in our region thanks to yall we wont be yall shouldnt be considered a 1a school thats the only reason yall won it was b/c yall had more people we had to play the same players throughout the whole game our players were so worn out yall had that advantage so I dont want to hear abt yall but we'll just see whos no.1 next year b/c by then yall will be a 2 a school

ok listen all u uc people lc wasnt even supposed to play yall b/c yall lack 10 people from bein a 2a school so I dont want to hear how bad yall beat us I mean duh yall had like 60 players we only had like maybe half as many so naw of course yall beat us it dont take no brain surgeon to do the math so in other words we shouldn't even have to have played yall it was unfair plus yall have got to realize Yall are not all that so I dont want to hear yall putting lake county down b/c we lost if it ween't for yall we would still be no.1 in our region thanks to yall we wont be yall shouldnt be considered a 1a school thats the only reason yall won it was b/c yall had more people we had to play the same players throughout the whole game our players were so worn out yall had that advantage so I dont want to hear abt yall but we'll just see whos no.1 next year b/c by then yall will be a 2 a school

825740972[/snapback]

Cheerchick...If I'm not nistaken the T.S.S.A.A. only does the classification every 4 years..At least every two but I/m pretty sure it's four years...So..it looks like U.C will be with us for awhile..As far as us being wore out..they were killing us at the beginning of the game also..I believe if we were to play them again we would see the same results..U.C. made a believer out of me..I believe they will beat Milan this week,if they don't have a lot of turnovers and I believe they have a chance to go a long way..

825740972[/snapback]

i do not know who you are, but you must be a complete idiot. I would also like to point out that periods go at the end of sentences, too.

Edited by giveboobydaball

825740972[/snapback]

If you are a cheer chick from Lake County I hope Mrs. Judy Fraley doesn't see this post. She would have a heart attack to know that her students write like this. I hear the excuses about this being a message board and grammar does not matter. WRONG! Also, I concur with Mr. Bigster about the classification process. I already feel your pain because you will feel it for at least three more years. You really should feel lucky that the band is as big as it is. There are several who would probably play football as well. As a matter of fact some of the football players are in the band. Union City is one of the few schools where you are not a geek if your are in the band. :D

If you are a cheer chick from Lake County I hope Mrs. Judy Fraley doesn't see this post.  She would have a heart attack to know that her students write like this.  I hear the excuses about this being a message board and grammar does not matter.  WRONG!  Also, I concur with Mr. Bigster about the classification process.  I already feel your pain because you will feel it for at least three more years.  You really should feel lucky that the band is as big as it is.  There are several who would probably play football as well.  As a matter of fact some of the football players are in the band.  Union City is one of the few schools where you are not a geek if your are in the band.    :lol:

825741323[/snapback]

If I'm not mistaken,Union City could petition the TSSAA to go back up to AA in 2 years...I also think they will have to if their enrollment goes up 20%...The simple fact of the matter is,Union City by averaging their attendance the LAST 4 Years is what has put them into 1A ball....They will actually be playing 1A ball with a AA enrollment the next four years if they don't petition and go up ,which they should...Union City does not belong in 1A ball with the Gleasons, Greenfields and South Fultons of the world..That being said,they played the last 4 years with a 1A enrollment and played all comers and until Jim Fishel took over for Randy Barnes were pretty much beating everyone...Remember 3 years ago,Barnes had his team in the 2A playoffs before losing to Mem Mitchell on a muddy slop of a field....

825740972[/snapback]

Ok i'll give it to you Union City did have more people than Lake County. And yes they are only a few people from being a AA school, but dang. To give yall a butt whoopin like they did they only needed 22. (11 on offense and 11 on defense, since you are a cheerleader) The lake county game was a real disappointment to he fans, they expected a better game.