Kingston @ Rockwood

thekid03

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see, I want to get this straight, Kingston fans are saying that if Rockwood lost to Midway they dont stand a chance against the Yellow (orange and blue) jackets?  Rockwood piled up over 360 yards of total offense and dominated Midway.  Six tiger turnovers gave Midway (which only had 176 yrds total offense) all 23 of their points.  Last week the tigers had over 380 yrds against Wartburg.  Now Kingston supposedly played a bad turnover ridden game with Harriman and didnt put them away until late in the third quarter...and lets see harriman is a single A team (like Midway) but the mighty jackets are a TRIPLE A school.  And now after losing to Livingston (which lost the week before to single A Trousdale County) they are saying they had ANOTHER bad game????  Livingston had over 400 yrds and Kingston barely broke 200 according to the stats I saw.  Looks like Kingston fans need to change their vocabulary.....instead of saying they are playing bad, maybe they should say this is as good as they will be!!!

825739849[/snapback]

You are insane. Rockwood dominated Midway!!!! First off- you LOST. Second- you didn't even score until after halftime. Please don't brag about beating Wartburg. An 80 yr old woman could probably rack up some serious yards against them. Anyway, you can throw the records out the window in this county rivalry. Everyone should be ready to play regardless of who they have lost to. Quit bragging about beating us the past two years. Talk about a fluke.

This is gonna be a good game. I have a feeling that Rockwood will come out on top! They have alot more determination and will power! Rockwood is coming off with a win last week and Kingston is coming off with a loss. Webb knows what he is doing and is preparing them for battle. All I gotta say to Kingston is you better come ready to battle or it will get pretty ugly!!! GO TIGERS!!!!

Gonna be tough for the yellow jackets this Friday night. Their team is completely built around givens and johnson. Don't know if the soph. qb can step up and if zeigler can take over for johnson at rb. Big game for Kingston to get their momentum going in the other direction. How they can do that with out their 2 big guns, we'll see. The O-line that has been talked about didn't get the job done against LA. Be interesting to see if that group of seniors can lead the way for the back-ups for givens and johnson. I'm predicting a "3 peet". LA exposed the secondary, as I predicted, (with the option, not pass) and Rockwood will do the same with the pass.

Thats kinda sad. You say you have played football for the past 9 years but you just now found CoachT.com?  heh  Really sad.

First off, how in the world, would you know that Trousdale is better than Midway? They are both undefeated and they have never played each other! Second, we dont fail to realize anything, we know that Kingston is very talented. But there's one thing to that, its not just if you have talent, its about if you know how to USE that talent. And last, but not least, you say you graduated last year, I think you need to go back if you cant even spell rhythm right. Tch tch tch.

825740316[/snapback]

Well first of all i have known about Coacht for a long time, but i don't believe in players talking smack on here. I think that should be done on the field. And about my spelling, I am currently on academic scholarship at Tennessee Tech University and studying electrical engineering so i would say that i am smart enough. The reason I said trousdale is better than midway is that trousdale regularly plays and beats schools that are bigger than they are. My family is from midway so i know what kind of team they are. They are usually a very good team, but they are not the same caliber team as trousdale. And thanks for ageeing that kingston has alot of talent. They really do, and playing there I promise you i know that you can never tell which kingston team will show up. Sometimes the sloppy, half-hearted kingston is there. Then there is the times when kingston is ready and focused. Thats when the other team should worry.

Hey Devils97... I dont think the injury will matter b/c its rockwood and kingston... you play rather its blood, pain, or tears. This is nothing but bragging rights and Rockwood has won them the last couple of years. Two years ago it was josh clark stealing the show w/ a couple of big runs. Johnny Coaker came up from corner and stopped chad johnson a yard short last yr to force kingston to fake a punt and come up short as well. The winner of this one will come down to who has the least amount of turnovers. Vic King's new offense is dangerous... but it works both ways. I think if Kingston's offense is clicking it will be tough for rockwood to hang in there but if kingston has two turnovers or more... rockwood wins... and if it comes down to the fourth qtr. Rockwood will take it b/c its in the jungle. Should be a good one come fri. night... im excited and i expect everyone else to be as well...

But lets not forget about the family's south of us and please keep them in your prayers.

Tigers- 20

Jackets- 18

Goose... What are you saying my man, b/c you kno Webber will be fired up.

Edited by tigerfan4ever

You are insane. Rockwood dominated Midway!!!! First off- you LOST. Second- you didn't even score until after halftime. Please don't brag about beating Wartburg. An 80 yr old woman could probably rack up some serious yards against them. Anyway, you can throw the records out the window in this county rivalry. Everyone should be ready to play regardless of who they have lost to. Quit bragging about beating us the past two years. Talk about a fluke.

825740800[/snapback]

if im not mistaken, and correct me if im wrong, but didnt it take Kingston until after halftime to score on Harriman.. not Alcoa, Maryville, or a real good team, but Harriman.. and i think everyone one on here knows that Rockwood got beat by Midway.. your not the first to acknowledge that.. that was two weeks ago.. once again a kinston person living in the past..

!VIVA ROCK VEGAS!

Well i hve only been on here for a few minutes but I have played football for about 9 years so i would quess that i can run my mouth if i want to. just be glad that i graduated last year. Otherwise it would be ever rougher on you all

825740097[/snapback]

Wasnt that rough last year when YOU were playing.. but that was the past. Corey Payne, Tre' or Ellery arent gonna be here to help lead the Tigers..Seniors Moffitt, Morgan, Aytes, Malone, Cunningham, Isham, Vega, Owens, and others are gonna have to step up and be leaders come gametime.. Rockwood needs to come ready Friday at the Jungle and hold on to the ball.. if they do that, and score more than Kingston does, they will be alright.lol..

!VIVA ROCK VEGAS!

The good news for Tiger fans is that I am picking Kingston. Since I've been at the RCN, I've missed this game all four times so the Jackets have my kiss of death Friday night.

I was really impressed with Kingston in the preseason because they really seemed focused and they were flying to the ball on defense. I also thought they played well against Harriman, it's just they turned the ball over too much (just like Rockwood at Midway).

If you'd told me last week that Kingston would have no turnovers at LA then I thought the Jackets would win by a couple of touchdowns. I don't know what happened at LA, but I imagine the Jackets can't wait for a chance at redemption (just like Rockwood going to Wartburg after losing to Midway).

I've also grown to respect the stability of Coach Webb's program. He's not a real flashy coach, but his kids are disciplined and they are hard-nosed.

I think a lot of Rockwood's success over the past few years is simply not accepting losing. Even at Midway, they never threw in the towel when a lot of teams would have. That fourth quarter tells you all you need to know about how much heart and pride that the Tigers have.

As far as Friday, I think Kingston has a little more team speed and they have more experience as a unit, but it's going to be a great game. If Rockwood does fall, and that's a big if, they'll definitely leave everything on the field.