Hillwood, Welcome to 5A...

Squoshwave17

Welp, the good ole Green Wave had one heck of a game against the newcoming hilltoppers tonight with a 31-6 victory. The offense had a good mix, and if I had to guess, there was over 300 yards of gain. I almost didn't believe what I was seeing. Gallatin went from 3 passing attempts last week to almost 20 this week. QB Ferrell had a tremendous game, I would imagine he actually had close to if not more than 100 yards rushing. Then there's the defense. Wow.... I have never seen a "D" quite like these guys. They are the fastest defensive unit I have ever seen come through Gallatin. They did well wrapping up and getting to the ball. Hillwood simply could not move the ball at all. Their one touchdown came off a long pass play toward the end of the 3rd quarter I believe. I know that runningback, Lewis, was supposed to be a good back, but if these guys don't pick it up a few notches they won't be winning many games this year. As always, go Green Wave.

Ya, but it was 10-0 the whole game, and finally our depth got to us. There were twice as many players on gallatin's sideline, and you could tell. I will say that Gallatin had an incredible defense, and a big play offense, and has a really good shot at winnin the region. If Hillwood can just get their offense clicking than we have a chance to lock down maybe the 3 or 4 spot in the region.

Typical metro team, in the end they are sucking wind.  Hillwood wasn't a bad team but not the best metro has to offer this year.  Antioch will have a field day with these guys. 

Welcome Toppers.......

825738106[/snapback]

Sucking air... well most people for hillwood play both ways. Hillwood is one of the smallest 5A teams in the midstate if not the state. I dont care how in shape you are. If ur playing both sides of the ball and you have to make a 50 yards sprint on a play then ur going to be sucking air.

Sucking air... well most people for hillwood play both ways. Hillwood is one of the smallest 5A teams in the midstate if not the state. I dont care how in shape you are. If ur playing both sides of the ball and you have to make a 50 yards sprint on a play then ur going to be sucking air.

825738245[/snapback]

I would have to agree. This is the argument for 4-A vs. 5-A. for the most part most good 5-A teams only have afew players playing both sides of the ball where below 5-A the teams play both ways more often. As the 3rd quarter was progressing I made mention that come the 4th quarter that I thought Gallatin would pull away and low and behold 21 points in the 4th quarter. The only time Hillwood came across midfield was on their TD drive. I think Hillwood may get a spot in the playoffs they hung with a fast Gallatin team who couldn't put them away until the 4th quarter. I was impressed with them.

Edited by wave88