ELIZABETHTON AT THEMSELVES

GLee

come on you bunch of arm chair quarterbacks. want to know that the problem is. lack of talent. no speed in the backfield, a line that gets whipped every game, can't move anyone off the ball. qb throws too many interceptions big difference between jv and varsity. never ever will be able to beat kingsport science hill or tenn high drop db and sh and add hampton and happy valley

you play a terrible north team, greeneville is awful, central is horrible so is unicoi, johnson co is johnson co and east got killed by cloudland and east beat north

you cant beat south but six games againt awful teams spells 6-4 and a first round loss in the playoffs.

line up should be

smith qb

shaver tb

r. kennedy tb

atkinson wr

peterson wr

jeffers te

hutchins fb

peters se or wr

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its time to get back to the Elizabethton of old when we played hard for Ryder and back when we had coaches like Dave Turpin.  Our boys played hard and tough no matter who we played and no matter how good we were.  Even if it means getting Dave Turpin back up here, but we need that hard nosed style of football.

825741644[/snapback]

I dont think the turp would come back, too much water under the bridge plus dont think his health would allow the stress.... but i agree we need to get back to betsy of old.

WORD is, that the Elizabethton coaches think that 3 man front is working on defense. Is that why TN High came in licking their chops. That D is giving up around 5 yds per carry. Granted, you have played some of the very toughest of the tough around here, but I know South and Johnson County will run it between the tackles right down your throat. HELLO!! :P

Two hard headed coordinators :D . If they don't correct the run D, they play-offs are history. That along with opening up the offense. :lol: Gracious!! Embarrassing Carter County that has a strong football heritage.

Just like the nature boy ric flare the cyclone army is all washed up we had some good coaches when hack hyder and roger childers was here i say we got some good coaching but we are beginning to look like oklahoma who got its tail kicked on sat

i say we go to the bahamas and brings back some running backs

it not the coaching so be quiet you bums don't know football if it smacked you in the mouth

went to quarterfinals last year

I am glad people are finally seeing the light. I have said these things the past 2 years. Elizabethton has lost some real good coaches the past few years and have replaced them with below average coaches who have other things on their mind. They had a chance this past Spring to clean house but they chose instead just to make an example out of a few. That is the administration's fault but they are clown's also. Real good coaches can make average talent succeed, just like bad coaches can make good talent not succeed. I do not consider Sciece Hill a real good team so EHS cannot make the statement that they have played three great teams. Science Hill's 2 wins have come against teams whose combined record is 0-5. Some Elizabethton homers can blame the ref's and blame the schedule but if they would open their eyes they would see the problem's. Also Elizabethton has some awful fan's they get more excited over the band than they do the football team. During the 3rd Quater of the TN High game I bet 20 to 25% of the home crowd had left because you could see orange seats everywhere.

825740931[/snapback]

:o

Just like the nature boy ric flare the cyclone army is all washed up  we had some good coaches when hack hyder and roger childers was here  i say we got some good coaching  but we are beginning to look like oklahoma who got its tail kicked on sat 

i say we go to the bahamas and brings back some running backs 

it not the coaching so be quiet you bums don't know football if it smacked you in the mouth 

went to quarterfinals last year 

<_<

825742568[/snapback]

Sunny, ole boy, there are player problems, but they are corrected from the top down. There is talent. All of these kids have been winners in previous years. I"m not saying it is a coaching problem, but that is as big a part of the let down as anything. They need to make adjustments, but I don't think that will happen. We have played three good teams and they have all exposed problem areas. Do you not address them, or do you try something else?

nice quote about the great coaches who used to be at ehs.hyder,childers,hathaway,rider,turpin,perkins,these were great men whose blood ran orange.to many coaches who dont know the true meaning of being a CYCLONE!but those days are long gone,so we have to get behind our kids and program and hope for the best.GO CYCLONES!

nice quote about the great coaches who used to be at ehs.hyder,childers,hathaway,rider,turpin,perkins,these were great men whose blood ran orange.to many coaches who dont know the true meaning of being a CYCLONE!but those days are long gone,so we have to get behind our kids and program and hope for the best.GO CYCLONES!

825742784[/snapback]

Very true. That's Cylcone heritage and we want it back. All I can say is get in the kids ears and help turn them on. Maybe the rest will fall in place.

What EHS needs is SHAWN WITTEN.

825742557[/snapback]

I'm not sure, but the last I heard on Shawn was that he was a g. assistant at UT. Maybe you're thinking of Ryan, who is currently on the staff at Elizabethton and has been very successfull with the younger men's teams. Ryan seems to do well with his offenses and the kids like and respect him. AND he does lay the 'wood' to them sometimes, but always comes back around and picks'em up.

I'm not sure, but the last I heard on Shawn was that he was a g. assistant at UT. Maybe you're thinking of Ryan, who is currently on the staff at Elizabethton and has been very successfull with the younger men's teams. Ryan seems to do well with his offenses and the kids like and respect him. AND he does lay the 'wood' to them sometimes, but always comes back around and picks'em up.

825742802[/snapback]

I think he was talking about Shawn Witten. Shawn really does know football. I'm a big Hokies football fan (Duke basketball fan of course) and I always enjoyed watching him play with such passion. However, I think Shawn will end up being a great college coach and will most likely bypass the high school ranks. We're hoping to have Shawn speak at a FCA meeting here in Johnson County sometime this year, but those plans are tentative at this moment. About that comment about Johnson County being Johnson County, we went 6-4 last year as the smallest 4A school in the state and they are better this year. The Longhorns will be ready for the Cyclones on October 27th. Until then, best of luck.

I think he was talking about Shawn Witten. Shawn really does know football. I'm a big Hokies football fan (Duke basketball fan of course) and I always enjoyed watching him play with such passion. However, I think Shawn will end up being a great college coach and will most likely bypass the high school ranks. We're hoping to have Shawn speak at a FCA meeting here in Johnson County sometime this year, but those plans are tentative at this moment. About that comment about Johnson County being Johnson County, we went 6-4 last year as the smallest 4A school in the state and they are better this year. The Longhorns will be ready for the Cyclones on October 27th. Until then, best of luck.

825743626[/snapback]

You have to remember, Eliz. is the second smallest school in 4A. I hope Eliz. has their stuff together by Oct. 27th