Campbell Co vs. Clinton

CougarTrav02

I have finally turned against this coaching staff. I really believe that coach Wampler had a great deal to do with the success of last year's team. This team should not have fallen this far, this fast. The Cougars played hard enough to win this game, but I think the play calling cost them the game. There is no reason why they should have went for it on the 4th and 9 when Stiner got sacked and the D-lineman returned it 50 yeards for a TD. Our defense should never have given up 37 points to that pitiful Clinton offense. They won't score that many points in the rest of their games combined. How many times do you have to get burned on a quarterback keeper, before you do something to stop it?

FIRE WELLS, BRING BACK WAMPLER!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have finally turned against this coaching staff.  I really believe that coach Wampler had a great deal to do with the success of last year's team.  This team should not have fallen this far, this fast. The Cougars played hard enough to win this game, but I think the play calling cost them the game.  There is no reason why they should have went for it on the 4th and 9 when Stiner got sacked and the D-lineman returned it 50 yeards for a TD.  Our defense should never have given up 37 points to that pitiful Clinton offense.  They won't score that many points in the rest of their games combined.  How many times do you have to get burned on a quarterback keeper, before you do something to stop it?

FIRE WELLS, BRING BACK WAMPLER!!!!!!!!!

825745291[/snapback]

The glasses are coming off your eyes Mr. Alum, you are starting to see the truth!!!!

Some blame has to go to the coaching staff but, the coaches wasn't the one having the recievers run by them every freakin play! Our defensive secondary stinks! Entertaining game though!

825745574[/snapback]

bballfan, you will see the light soon (especially if union county wins but won't). then you paw fans will be soon saying how right i was (ooooo, doesn't that get to ya!!!!)

JKAR I never said the game plan was good. I said you can't blame a coach for a defensive back getting burnt by 20 yds, that's talent! I see what your saying though.

825746269[/snapback]

Thanks for seeing what i'm saying, however i will add this because i've been doing some checking from my contacts on your coach. everyone knows that coaches move from place to place for various reasons. lets see if the coorelations add up. he left tusculum cause they couldn't win (then dubusque comes in and wins) and then went to ga to a quality school and brought them down (which they came back up since he left). then left ga to you folks and brought wampler with him. you guys get good then wampler leaves and back to the days of old. coaches are as good as the people you surround yourselves with.

however i will pick ccchs over union county

Good stats. Believe me I would love to have Wampler back! Here is a question. After last yr's season, do you think Well's has bought him a lifetime contract here at CCHS?

825746866[/snapback]

That is an interesting question!!!!! I will try to answer it though and lets see how close I am (chance to be proven wrong here easily). Not knowing what the middle school talent has or have been sending to the high school. I will say that it will take 3 seasons of 0 - 10 to 2 - 8 before the powers to be up there will search for a new coach, however if the community bans together and forces the return of wampler as the head coach (if he'd come back to your school) it can be 2 seasons. Not that i'm complaining he's your coach cause that gives the ole dogs a chance to win 1 and lets not forget about our favorite beavers (everyone gots ta love a beaver)!!!!!

Our defense should never have given up 37 points to that pitiful Clinton offense.

It's amazing that someone could have the audacity to call Clinton's offense pitful, especially when 1. They beat you, and 2. They are 1-2, and you are 0-4.

Their two loses came from two of the top teams in the state, yours came from 3 middle of the pack teams, with one being a perennial door mat in Heritiage.

Man you have one decent season and now everyone else is beneath you. If I remember right Clinton beat you all last year also. If I were a Campbell County fan, I would quit calling someone else pitifull and worry about not going 0-10, it shouldn't be that hard, that program is used to it.

That is an interesting question!!!!!  I will try to answer it though and lets see how close I am (chance to be proven wrong here easily).  Not knowing what the middle school talent has or have been sending to the high school.  I will say that it will take 3 seasons of 0 - 10 to 2 - 8 before the powers to be up there will search for a new coach, however if the community bans together and forces the return of wampler as the head coach (if he'd come back to your school) it can be 2 seasons.  Not that i'm complaining he's your coach cause that gives the ole dogs a chance to win 1 and lets not forget about our favorite beavers (everyone gots ta love a beaver)!!!!!

825747169[/snapback]

onion county may be our best chance at avoiding a winless season...No, I am not giving up on the Cougs...but looking at teh remaining schedule one has to start wondering what gonna happen in those games...Bearden is a chance at a win as is onion county...Karns will be hard to handle probably...other than that any CC win would have to be considered an upset...

and here comes teh biggest surprise of teh season and to Coach T posters/readers...

JKar, everyone doenst love a beaver...in fact teh mention of karns to me is disgusting...the experiences I have had (as asports caster, fan, and CC coach) with Karns has always left me with a bad taste inmy mouth (and no it wsnt always the taste of defeat)...poor sportsmanship, wanting to fight, dirty/cheap shot artists...so JKar, I hereby, disagree witht you that everyone loves a Beaver..

by the way, me and the blonde has a terrific time friday night at O'Charleys and afterwards too...

It's amazing that someone could have the audacity to call Clinton's offense pitful, especially when 1. They beat you, and 2. They are 1-2, and you are 0-4.

Their two loses came from two of the top teams in the state, yours came from 3 middle of the pack teams, with one being a perennial door mat in Heritiage.

Man you have one decent season and now everyone else is beneath you.  If I remember right Clinton beat you all last year also.  If I were a Campbell County fan, I would quit calling someone else pitifull and worry about not going 0-10, it shouldn't be that hard, that program is used to it.

825747477[/snapback]

OUCH!!!!