Franklin vs Father Ryan

FHSrebel27

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

FHSRebel27,ITZME,RollRedRoll,RedTwin, Thanks for the kind comments. I appreciate reading your posts because they are generally well thought out.

It`s been several years since I have seen such a complete game effort from the Irish. Coach Lussier sat most of the seniors on the bench in the second half of the CBHS loss last week. I think he was trying to make the point that EFFORT is important.

I saw great effort on both sides of the ball last night. It`s apparent that progress is being made.

The Jack Langton-Robert Jemison nightmare of the last several years is behind us now. I see good things on the horizon for Father Ryan.

Hopefully, we will be able to give the rest of our DIV. II bretheren some competitive contests down the road.

Edited by DS2001

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oak Ridge fans were torn when Coach Lussier decided to leave Oak Ridge, but he left for all the right reasons. Lussier is a dedicated coach to the team he is in control of and will give it all he has and then some. He will motivate the players by making them believe in themselves. While Coach Lussier is gone from Oak Ridge he will not be forgotten.

As for Oak Ridge, we inherited a great coach in Stanton Stevens and he is keeping the tradition alive and well at Oak Ridge.

Father Ryan has a new fan, me, simply because who your coach is and what he stands for.

GO IRISH GO! Git-r-Done Super Seven!

ROLL WILDCATS GO! Look out for the Dark Side coming to a stadium near you!

I guess you think all the posters on here from last week has serious mental issues for thinking that the 2004 2nd place 5A team was going to thump Ryan? I won't give a guess on which of those teams you mentioned Ryan will beat, but I will bet you they beat at least one of them this year and ALL of them in a couple of years. Stand by, and you will either become a believer or you can open a Crow restaurant soon. Ryan has one of the best, if not the best, most qualified, educated, intelligent, hard working, dedicated coaches in Tennessee football. He took a team from a school of 1,500 students and played schools of 3,000 to 4,000 students and won 65 games in 6 seasons.  He will do the same here. Bank on it!

Ole Dad

825745593[/snapback]

HAHA ok whatever you say but as I said before you will not beat BA, MBA, or MUS this year period. And saying all of them in a couple years that is rather bold considering the quality of those programs. I will not take away that Ryan had a huge win last night but comon every time you guys win when your are the underdog you think it is some glorious triumph and that you are going to miraculously romp through the division and sadly your first league win in like 3 years was last year against CBHS. MUS last year even as good as they were still dropped the ball on baylor and they were state champs and you say Ryan of all teams will beat all of those teams in a few years. I am sorry your reasoning is flawed and you have no factual basis to backup your arguement. Wow he took a school of 1,500 students and beat schools of 3K or more. This isnt that school and is not that league. This is Div II AAA if you havnt noticed and I will be happy to serve you at the "Crow restaurant." All you have proved with this win is that you are better than last year but you have yet to prove you can compete in Div II AAA.

Edited by Bauber

You football experts are a hoot. What is MBA's record this year? Which one of the teams you mentioned has won 65 games in the last 6 years? I am a new Ryan fan but will enjoy beating you chumps on a regular basis. OR has 8 state Championships and 2 national championships. Forgive me, but I don't remember ever seeing any of the teams you mentioned rated in the top 25 national poll. The teams you named don't have 8 state champinships between them. Get real. But like I said, get ready to get your clock cleaned on a regular basis.

Ole Dad

HAHA ok whatever you say but as I said before you will not beat BA, MBA, or MUS this year period.  And saying all of them in a couple years that is rather bold considering the quality of those programs.  I will not take away that Ryan had a huge win last night but comon every time you guys win when your are the underdog you think it is some glorious triumph and that you are going to miraculously romp through the division and sadly your first league win in like 3 years was last year against CBHS.  MUS last year even as good as they were still dropped the ball on baylor and they were state champs and you say Ryan of all teams will beat all of those teams in a few years.  I am sorry your reasoning is flawed and you have no factual basis to backup your arguement.  Wow he took a school of 1,500 students and beat schools of 3K or more.  This isnt that school and is not that league.  This is Div II AAA if you havnt noticed and I will be happy to serve you at the "Crow restaurant."  All you have proved with this win is that you are better than last year but you have yet to prove you can compete in Div II AAA.

825745811[/snapback]

You football experts are a hoot. What is MBA's record this year? Which one of the teams you mentioned has won 65 games in the last 6 years? I am a new Ryan fan but will enjoy beating you chumps on a regular basis. OR has 8 state Championships and 2 national championships. Forgive me, but I don't remember ever seeing any of the teams you mentioned rated in the top 25 national poll. The teams you named don't have 8 state champinships between them. Get real. But like I said, get ready to get your clock cleaned on a regular basis.

Ole Dad

825745830[/snapback]

BA has nine

Ole Dad

825745830[/snapback]

According to the TSSAA website, BA is in 1st with 9 State Championships, MBA is in 2nd with 8, and Oak Ridge is in 4th with 7.

http://www.tssaa.org/schdir/records/GetTheRecord.cfm

a question was asked if the coaching cost franklin the game or if the players on the field are at fault.

All I can say is I am shocked at all the changes that have been brought in at FHS. Camp changed to be nothing more than practice, Max 2 hour practice, Skipping Practice on Monday, Skipping Practice on Thursday, Not watching film or breaking down film of your opponent - what result did could anyone expect.

The players were ill prepared to compete in this contest and it showed. I haven't seen a Franklin team pushed around in the previous three years, now I've seen it at Oakland and again last night.

There seems to be a lack of discipline, heart, and pull in the same direction - and that has to start with the coach.

I no longer have a player at Franklin, and in all honesty I am extremely happy that my son played for the previous coach who instilled heart, passion, and an incredible will to outwork and outperform any and all opponents.

Maybe last nights result will wake this staff up, and I hope the remaining coaches who worked for Tim Johnson have a heart to heart with Coach Clayton and bring back the Blue Collar attitude to this proud Program.