Franklin vs Father Ryan

FHSrebel27

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Tiger,

I agree, Ryan had a huge win tonight and more will follow. As far as recruiting goes...I agree with the concept you raise...Isn't the definition of a private school somehow connected to getting the students you desire from all surrounding locations? Private schools are not restricted by distrcting lines like pubs are...but they are limited by the dollars of tuition assistance they can provide and I know that at Ryan it's very low if any. Go Ryan....

Ole Dad

825745204[/snapback]

Lets not go down this road. It may be low, it may be high. The fact of the matter is the Franklin was defeated. Scheduled because Franklin thought that they would win. I do not see the Rebels putting BA, MBA on the schedule.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets not go down this road.  It may be low, it may be high.  The fact of the matter is the Franklin was defeated.  Scheduled because Franklin thought that they would win. I do not see the Rebels putting BA, MBA on the schedule.

825745213[/snapback]

High road, low road, or toll road....it is what it is. There is no reason to schedule BA or MBA when the playing field is not level. Might as well play a small college team. You must love George Steinbrenner and his ability/willingness to buy talent so he can win. No hard feelings....just hate to hear DII posters bragg about how great their teams are with the inherent advantages they have with recruiting. What's the point!

Again.........great win by the Irish! May there be many more, particularly if they don't recruit as they say!

<_< Congratulations to the Irish! What a great win.  The game was won in the trenches on both sides of the ball.  Offensive line seemed hugh and gave runners plenty of room to run.  Defensive line was in Franklin's backfield much of the night and gave Mikrut liitle time to set up and throw the ball.  Frankly, I am surprised Father Ryan lost so handily in its first two games.  Looks like their new coach has turned the corner with this team and I look for FR to win a number of games over the remainder of the season.

Other than the State Championship game last year against a pretty good Riverdale team, this is the worst defeat I have seen Franklin suffer in the last six years. They were manhandled and seemed poorly prepared.  They never were able to use their speed.....which is the strength of the team.  Lot of work to do if they expect to finish out the season strong. 

As for DII versus the publics.....guys and girls you recruit and we don't, so your bragging about how great you are really is a moot point and its getting a little old.  But....if it makes you feel good, have at it.  One of the posters said that FR does not recruit or offer scholarships.  The two big defensive tackles (#s 72 & 34) sure looked like recruits to me. 

Good luck to the Irish the rest of the season!  Again...great win!

825745192[/snapback]

If you saw the game tonight,(which i am still shocked at the way Ryan played) of all the players on the field why would you pick #72 and #34 as recruits?

High road, low road, or toll road....it is what it is.  There is no reason to schedule BA or MBA when the playing field is not level.  Might as well play a small college team.  You must love George Steinbrenner and his ability/willingness to buy talent so he can win.  No hard feelings....just hate to hear DII posters bragg about how great their teams are with the inherent advantages they have with recruiting.  What's the point!

Again.........great win by the Irish!  May there be many more, particularly if they don't recruit as they say!

825745241[/snapback]

Bragg. Advantages. I moved to Franklin long befor you began paying taxes in this state. I see the advantage that the tax/payers have afforded Franklin High School. The residents, parents and students deserve what they can get... the physical building has been negleted too long and the improvements are ones that are needed, justified and make everyone proud. Do not start the sour grapes crap about financial aid and sports. Do not like it. Do not schedule.

Edited by GREG141

Disappointing? Most definitely. Devastating? Perhaps. Season-ending? No way.

First, it's always been important to me to win with class, but also to lose with class. So let me extend my congratulations to the Fightin' Irish of Father Ryan. Not very many people believed you could do what you did last night. While yes, of course I thought this would be a victory going away for Franklin, there was something in my mind that was telling me "Lussier knows 5A football - don't be too confident." So congrats to y'all and here's to a good rest of the season for y'all.

As far as recruiting or whatever... let's not go there. It's been rehashed time and time again on here and to many of us, it's just pointless. People won't ever agree and that's simply that.

As for Franklin... I'm so very upset to hear of this defeat. FHS hasn't lost two consecutive games since the quarterfinals of 2002 and the season opener of 2003. Before that, I guess maybe the last two games of 2001? I'm not sure. Needless to say, we're not used to it! And frankly, I don't want to get used to it. If this team has the talent that people say they do, they simply should not have lost to Father Ryan. That's not taking anything away from the Fightin' Irish, but more being hard on FHS.

Ultimately, it is up to the players to execute on the field. However... well, coach-bashing is frowned upon here, and plus, I am in Sarasota, Florida and not seeing what's going on in Franklin. But when BigDogDaddy says the Oakland victory was the ugliest win he's seen at Franklin in a while and then I hear Coach Clayton say during the pregame of the broadcast on whatever website the game was broadcasted on last week that he was very pleased with the Oakland game... well, I have more faith in what BigDogDaddy says. That was the first sign of trouble to me. That's all I'll say about that though since again, I haven't seen a game yet.

Let's right the ship, Rebs. This was a non-region game so that's obviously a good thing. There are seven more games to play so let's go out there and get those seven in the W column.

GO REBS!

after a long long long long long night i got a call from someone saying frhs beat fhs.....i honestly couldn't believe what i heard. what an amazing accomplishment for father ryan and lussier, truly one of the best upsets in middle tn in the past five years. good job father ryan. as i said, ryan blair will fit perfectly as a qb in ANY system. division II is just superior football, and there's really not that much recruiting going on besides baylor and mccallie.....it's all about the coaching.

FemaleFan

Did you pluck the feathers off that crow before you ate it tonight? I'm sure now you will personally call Coach Lussier and "welcome him" to Division II after your tongue in cheek smart aleck comments from a day or two ago. You think that beating last years 5A runner-up was one of Lussiers lucky wins? Ryan doesn't need fair weather fans like yourself. You obviously are a sour grapes fan and have a personal agenda and axe to grind. I think you owe the entire Ryam nation an apology for your classless comments. People like you are cancerous for a program as you spread your illwill. As I said before, take up a hobby that you know something about. Good riddance.

Ole Dad

QUOTE(femalefan @ Sep 7 2005 - 08:08 AM)

I don't think Ryan will beat Franklin. Franklin has proven to be a big contender in 5A. Ryan could possibly luck up and win a couple of games, but it won't be easy for them. Welcome to Division II football Lussier. As I recall he made a statement on a radio show after it was announced that he was hired at Father Ryan that he had been competing in the best football division of 5A football and that Division II wouldn't be anything compared. Well, Welcome to Division II - Christian Brothers just welcomed you, you still have 6 more to go.

I feel sorry for Ryan. They were once a powerhouse football program that people knew that when they played them, they were going to play with intensity and hit you hard, now, the powers that be at Ryan have totally let the program go so far down, it will take years to every re-build, if re-building is even possible, with so many other good schools and better opportunities around, if you are a good athlete why would you want to go there? I guess Ryan is like a Vanderbilt, you will be able to good above average players but not the best.

Lussier should only be given 3 years to turn the program around. That is all they gave Coach Jemison. If Lussier doesn't win in three years he should be out just like they did Jemison. Jemison is a Ryan alumni. If they treat Lussier different and he is not even a Ryan person - well that says a lot about how Ryan treats their own family. Would you want that to be your family?

after a long long long long long night i got a call from someone saying frhs beat fhs.....i honestly couldn't believe what i heard. what an amazing accomplishment for father ryan and lussier, truly one of the best upsets in middle tn in the past five years. good job father ryan. as i said, ryan blair will fit perfectly as a qb in ANY system. division II is just superior football, and there's really not that much recruiting going on besides baylor and mccallie.....it's all about the coaching.

825745304[/snapback]

High road, low road, or toll road....it is what it is.  There is no reason to schedule BA or MBA when the playing field is not level.  Might as well play a small college team.  You must love George Steinbrenner and his ability/willingness to buy talent so he can win.  No hard feelings....just hate to hear DII posters bragg about how great their teams are with the inherent advantages they have with recruiting.  What's the point!

Again.........great win by the Irish!  May there be many more, particularly if they don't recruit as they say!

825745241[/snapback]

Yeah, you should leave that kind of scheduling to people like Ravenwood. They lost a hard fought game, but I think it may have helped them with that first big win in their region.

I will not hold you accountable for those mean "George Steinbrenner" remarks. It is plain to see that defeat has reared its ugly head.

Edited by USA1

Congratulations to Ryan and particularly to Michael Hausman-this one was a long time coming.

Has to be the most significant Irish win in years.

One win, does not a season make, but it sure makes the future look brighter.

To my buddies over on the southern end of Hillsboro Road-ouch!! :D Maybe it's time to find some of the dirt they took off of the old field and replace the new, now poisoned turf <_< . No one saw this puppy coming, (and if you are honest with yourselves CoachT scribes, you didn't see it either)- especially the Rebel faithful.

Well, it's back now to the Region Wars-I know you'll have our back next week against the Raptors.

Congratulations to Ryan and particularly to Michael Hausman-this one was a long time coming.

Has to be the most significant Irish win in years.

One win, does not a season make, but it sure makes the future look brighter.

To my buddies over on the southern end of Hillsboro Road-ouch!!  :D  Maybe it's time to find some of the dirt they took off of the old field and replace the new, now poisoned turf <_< .  No one saw this puppy coming, (and if you are honest with yourselves CoachT scribes, you didn't see it either)- especially the Rebel faithful.

Well, it's back now to the Region Wars-I know you'll have our back next week against the Raptors.

825745370[/snapback]

I wish I could say it was "The Old Crown" in the middle of the old field, but I think it may be a little more of the "The Old Crown" the new coach is wearing on his head!

Edited by BigDogDaddy