FHSrebel27

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, back to the game itself, as big a Father Ryan fan as I am, I think The Rebels will win this game. They could win it convincingly if the Irish keep giving them opportunities to score. After two games Ryan has a -14 turnover ratio!

Not to mention that Franklin has better than average size and speed.

The Ryan football reclamation project will continue however. The more I hear Coach Lussier talk about his football philosophy, the more I am convinced that we will once again be a successful program in the not to distant future.

He is in the process of changing a mindset that has built up over the past five years, a culture of losing if you will. The seniors have only tasted victory 7 times in the past 3 seasons. He is fighting to regain there confidence level and to get them to fight through the tough times.

If these seniors can show leadership the rest of this season, it will filter down to the underclassmen and then this mindset will begin to change.

Coach Lussier I`m sure plays to win every game. But he`s been around as a coach for a long time and he realizes this is going to take a little time.

Most of our supporters feel fortunate to have him as our head coach.

Lussier has too much intensity and desire to be let down after some games. He has a lot of hope, and he really works hard. The player/coach transition might not be the same, though. Our players are so down in the dumps its bad. I remember last year after the CBHS game, you couldnt find happier people than on the Ryan buses on the way home.

We need a little luck and restore morale to the team. The guys go into games in practices with their heads down, they need something to give them the hope Lussier has.

Yeah but this game, win or lose, should really pump up the team for BC next week. Ryan Blair should be at QB, he is good and a tough player. Cory Stewart should really focus on wide reciever, cause he doesnt drop many passes and he has great moves and speed. We got a lot of injuries on team, so I am worried Franklin wont see what Ryan can REALLY do.

I got faith in the team. Heck, I might be one of the few who does.

Edited by Father Ryan Wrestling

I would agree that the Rebels will be heavy favorites to win this contest. They have played well enough to be 2-0 at this point.

Father Ryan is still a team in search of an idenity. Coach Lussier has been pretty much saddled with the same coaching staff that led the team to 7 wins over the last 3 seasons. 2 of the assistants on the current staff were dismissed by former Coach Robert Jemison and one coach on the staff walked off the field during spring practice after being publicly dressed down by Lussier only to return for fall practice.

The problem is these people are taking up teaching positions normally reserved for coaching personnel and won`t leave. Nobody else will hire them so we are just stuck.

The new principal realizes there is a serious problem, so I hope there will be some movement on the coaching staff by next season.

Until then all Coach Lussier can do is play the cards he`s been dealt. In all probability we are looking at another 2-9 season.

825740405[/snapback]

Which 2 assistants are you referring to that were dismissed? Jemison only dismisssed one assistant. I am not sure you know what goes on behind the coaches office door. These coaches work hard and this type of negativity is not helpful to the team or the morale of the players.

Female fan,

Have you ever been to a football game or are you just another sour grape Ryan "mom"? Lussier has been there 2 games and you already know the outcome of his future efforts. Give me a break. If you guys had such great fans you'd have a dadgum stadium by now. He had a 65 wins in 7 years at a school of 1,500 kids playing in 5A against teams with 2,000 - 4,000 kids. You know nothing about him and I am sure never met him or spent any time discussing football with him. And guess what? He didn't expect to come in and win against these teams his 1st year and never promised that result. He will however rebuild this program into a powerhouse with great haste. By the way, he did compete in the best division of Tennessee high school football, 5A, quite succesfully as a matter of fact. As far as giving him 3 years because that's what the last guy got, give me a break. The last 3 years were a joke...the next 3 will not be. In fact you calling yourself a fan s a joke. It is evident from your post that you have a desire to see Lussier fail and hope he does so at the cost of Father Ryan loosing. Get a hobby...take up sewing or do something that you can actually contribute to in an intelligent manner.

Ole Dad

I don't think Ryan will beat FranklinFranklin has proven to be a big contender in 5A.  Ryan could possibly luck up and win a couple of games, but it won't be easy for them.  Welcome to Division II football Lussier.  As I recall he made a statement on a radio show after it was announced that he was hired at Father Ryan that he had been competing in the best football division of 5A football and that Division II wouldn't be anything compared.  Well, Welcome to Division II - Christian Brothers just welcomed you, you still have 6 more to go.

I feel sorry for Ryan.  They were once a powerhouse football program that people knew that when they played them, they were going to play with intensity and hit you hard, now, the powers that be at Ryan have totally let the program go so far down, it will take years to every re-build, if re-building is even possible, with so many other good schools and better opportunities around, if you are a good athlete why would you want to go there?  I guess Ryan is like a Vanderbilt, you will be able to good above average players but not the best.

Lussier should only be given 3 years to turn the program around.  That is all they gave Coach Jemison.  If Lussier doesn't win in three years he should be out just like they did Jemison.  Jemison is a Ryan alumni.  If they treat Lussier different and he is not even a Ryan person - well that says a lot about  how Ryan treats their own family.  Would you want that to be your family?

825741667[/snapback]

Father Ryan[/url] Wrestling' date='Sep 7 2005 - 07:45 PM']I see this team winning the state title in 2 years. The sophmore class at this school is stacked 100%. Many of the sophmores started varsity their freshman year.

825742485[/snapback]

Are you serious? Not one freshman started varsity last year. There might have been one or two on kick off team at the end of the season, but that doesn't count as starting. That is the problem with the program, every sophomore and junior class sit around and talk about how good they are going to be their senior year, and just buy time till they are seniors. Then once they are seniors, the rest of the team is doing the same thing they did. I know how it is, I was there. Once you stop talking about how you're good you are going to be in the future and start playing NOW is when you will start winning some games. Good luck this season and please get this program back on the right track.

Are you serious?  Not one freshman started varsity last year.  There might have been one or two on kick off team at the end of the season, but that doesn't count as starting.  That is the problem with the program, every sophomore and junior class sit around and talk about how good they are going to be their senior year, and just buy time till they are seniors.  Then once they are seniors, the rest of the team is doing the same thing they did.  I know how it is, I was there.  Once you stop talking about how you're good you are going to be in the future and start playing NOW is when you will start winning some games.  Good luck this season and please get this program back on the right track.

825742693[/snapback]

One last thing... Please help the seniors out by not thinking about tomorrow and playing your hearts out today. That's the best way to earn their respect.

Ole Dad - You are corrent and wrong in one aspect I was a former Ryan fan when I believed in what Ryan stood for - commitment, dedication, and the one thing that attracted me to them the most was their dedication and family atmosphere that they created. Ryan people are a family. You can still see it today in that Ryan people that went to school together now have their kids going to school together, etc. Lussier's former record does speak for itself and I'm not saying he wasn't successful, but for you to think he can turn the program around in even 2 years is not possible. For you to say the last three years has been a joke, sounds to me like you are a bitter dad who didn't like Coach Jemison for whatever reason. Well, to me, the "powers that be" whether that was the principal or the school board didn't give Jemison everything he asked for to help him improve the program. How come they wouldn't do it for him but now supposedly are committed to do it for Lussier? Come on, it won't happen and if it does then all I'm saying is that is not fair in the treatment of the former coach. I do in fact hope Ryan turns around because it would be better for Division II football and you will find most Ryan people will say that they loved their time at Ryan and have a lot of good memories from there. These people that are saying Lussier doesn't have the staff he needs and blaming the assistant coaches, are just making excuses. Some of those assistants are former Ryan alumni which I am sure like most Ryan people really love and care about that school. I doubt very seriously that they consider it "fun" to get beat week by week but desire for the intesnse competition Ryan is formerly known for. To me people are just making excuses. Ryan needs someone that can market their school and help get the enthusiasum back that was once there.

I hope they don't hire their assistant coaches based on the fact that they attended Father Ryan. Lussier needs to be able to bring in his own staff so that he can work with them better and get results. Those Alumni need to go and the coach needs to bring in people with the same goals in mind as he has. A program CAN turn things around in 2 years. They might not be winning state championships, but at least they'll be winning a few games.

Edited by ambiguousrock