CoachT Top 10 Poll

TheGreatLineJudge

MY SUDDEN WEIGHT GAIN IS MAKING ME MEAN, i WILL GO BACK TO MY MAV PERSONA!

Why did only win 1 state championship those years, a great player (Perilli) one of the best ever, a great coach (Berry) look at BGA, a great team (Page had many wonderful players including CU's daughter who were wonderful players and great people, and some of the best fans in VB!

I apologize for my rude statements. My daughter graduated last year, and I'm moving out of state, but no excuse for some of my comments.

Oldskl, here in East TN our school gets no recogintion. We are expected to win and when we don't (like with Catholic this year) everybody jumps on the bandwagon of how we have lost it.

Last year was our worst state tournament in years, and it was hard. We were playing well and just collapsed. This year with 7 new players we lost games that we shouldn't

and some how our coaches turned it around. But my daughter had already graduated.

To all of the people who post I apologize, have of what I say is for fun. Our coaches, who really are nice guys and gals, hate it that I even post.

You are all really nice people, even you Kydigs, and I won't be around next year so let my last post be a thank-you for the kindness my family was shown for 4 years by you guys and our coaches. No hard feelings.

I got over zealous by a mis perceived lack of respect.

MAV OUT.

Mav, it's good to see the real you again. Bratman seemed to have a little bit of a chip on his shoulder and dry humor is very hard to detect on a message board.

I can say from experience that the weight that any team carries from having won state championships or even having successful seasons every year is almost too much to bear. It weighs heavy on the girls especially - I know they feel it. It weighs on us as parents of these girls, too. I felt it even this year with no superstars on our team and a new coach. Reasonably, no one should expect us to be as good or better than we were last year or the year before. But the expectation is there. When the team doesn't do as expected, it's hard not to get defensive.

I think AC had a great year and has many good years ahead as well as the really good years they had when your daughter was there. I'm sorry that no one gives AC credit in East Tn. AC is respected for their play on the court in the circles I hang around. It's too bad you guys can't hear the praise.

I hope this isn't really your goodbye post as I have always enjoyed our back and forth. Come back and talk to us as Mav - the persona that we really do respect. That is the real you - and those of us who have spent time with you on this board know it.

Edited by Cowboys Up

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mav, it's good to see the real you again. Bratman seemed to have a little bit of a chip on his shoulder and dry humor is very hard to detect on a message board.

I can say from experience that the weight that any team carries from having won state championships or even having successful seasons every year is almost too much to bear. It weighs heavy on the girls especially - I know they feel it. It weighs on us as parents of these girls, too. I felt it even this year with no superstars on our team and a new coach. Reasonably, no one should expect us to be as good or better than we were last year or the year before. But the expectation is there. When the team doesn't do as expected, it's hard not to get defensive.

I think AC had a great year and has many good years ahead as well as the really good years they had when your daughter was there. I'm sorry that no one gives AC credit in East Tn. AC is respected for their play on the court in the circles I hang around. It's too bad you guys can't hear the praise.

I hope this isn't really your goodbye post as I have always enjoyed our back and forth. Come back and talk to us as Mav - the persona that we really do respect. That is the real you - and those of us who have spent time with you on this board know it.

Whew!!!!!!!! I'm glad that is over with. I was getting a little nervous a while back and it was getting strained. You East Tennesseans take it seriously. Wish Siegel could have played AC. Tried to do it at the Morristown Tournament but it seemed the schedules would not fit. maybe next year somewhere, someplace............

• 2 weeks later...

my 2 cents

in regard to all this hulabaloo: I think Coach T is an awesome way to talk volleyball and get good info (i.e. score, records, polls, etc.). However, it is also a breeding ground for players and more importantly ADULTS to gossip and gripe over things that either can't be helped or can't be changed by someone yipping about it online. I know it's all in good fun and I'm not bashing anyone or anything. But as I reflect upon my last year as a player and all the emotional, physical, and mental efforts that I've spent- here's my thought:

If who you are is determined by what you do, then who will you be when you stop doing what you are doing?

B)

my 2 cents

in regard to all this hulabaloo: I think Coach T is an awesome way to talk volleyball and get good info (i.e. score, records, polls, etc.). However, it is also a breeding ground for players and more importantly ADULTS to gossip and gripe over things that either can't be helped or can't be changed by someone yipping about it online. I know it's all in good fun and I'm not bashing anyone or anything. But as I reflect upon my last year as a player and all the emotional, physical, and mental efforts that I've spent- here's my thought:

If who you are is determined by what you do, then who will you be when you stop doing what you are doing?

B)

A better, more informed person.

Announcements