Best Player in the State

ah20

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is the best player in the state and why?

825741410[/snapback]

I have heard a lot about the two girls from Catholic, and I got to see them. They are quite good. Gotta give props on the home team though with Laura Novikoff (See, I spelled it right Meghan!) from CAK. She is one tough player.

Edited by BigGExpress

I have heard a lot about the two girls from Catholic, and I got to see them.  They are quite good.  Gotta give props on the home team though with Laura N. from CAK.  She is one tough player.

825742433[/snapback]

catholic got beat by west last week and they bearden on friday night if they give up goals to bearden like they did against west it will be a long night for catholic cak has also got ccs friday to thats a good test to

BEST Player in the State...pretty hard to define. Alot of players are very, very good, but may be used at a position where they get less press or show up less often, just because they are needed there or that is where the coach sees them. Probably why you see the ALL -whatever teams usually loaded up with forwards - they get theri names in the paper. I've watched ODP for years and still cannot defein what they look for in their "best"!

I think flashgordon makes a great point. You may have a great striker or mid-fielder who is forced to play defense because that is where she is needed. It's sort of like an offensive lineman in football. The game is won in the trenches but not too many lineman will end up on the cover of Sports Illustrated. So, in the end, it is hard to name the best.

I think flashgordon makes a great point. You may have a great striker or mid-fielder who is forced to play defense because that is where she is needed. It's sort of like an offensive lineman in football. The game is won in the trenches but not too many lineman will end up on the cover of Sports Illustrated. So, in the end, it is hard to name the best.

825743163[/snapback]

I believe during the Fall of 2004, Kristen Karmen from FRA was voted the Gatorade High School Player of the Year in Tennessee. She primarily played as stopper / defender. She made a huge difference for her High School team that went on to win the A/AA State Championship. She also played as a defender on her club team - Brentwood Impact '87 which had won 3 straight state championships. She is currently playing soccer at the University of Georgia.

I believe during the Fall of 2004, Kristen Karmen from FRA was voted the Gatorade High School Player of the Year in Tennessee.  She primarily played as stopper / defender.  She made a huge difference for her High School team that went on to win the A/AA State Championship.  She also played as a  defender on her club team - Brentwood Impact '87 which had won 3 straight state championships.  She is currently playing soccer at the University of Georgia.

825743724[/snapback]

she plays wing at georgia and scored against mtsu kate hughes of brentwood is the leading scorer for kentucky katie green of farragut has 1 goal for flordia

BEST Player in the State...pretty hard to define.  Alot of players are very, very good, but may be used at a position where they get less press or show up less often, just because they are needed there or that is where the coach sees them.  Probably why you see the ALL -whatever teams usually loaded up with forwards - they get theri names in the paper.  I've watched ODP for years and still cannot defein what they look for in their "best"!

825743028[/snapback]

#7 from Father Ryan is Patty Schneider, #21 is Carrie Smith