3A AE at 5A Karns....

AERoadrunners

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Dang!!! I didn't mean for this to be turned into a JC vs Karns talk. I mean, this was meant to be a 3A vs 5A thread. There was a lot of talk during the summer how 5A schools could just drill any 3A school that stepped in front of them...

Well, it's going to be a good game hopefully, and I'm still saying Karns is catching AE at a bad time...

Well Dang!!! I didn't mean for this to be turned into a JC vs Karns talk.  I mean, this was meant to be a 3A vs 5A thread.  There was a lot of talk during the summer how 5A schools could just drill any 3A school that stepped in front of them...

Well, it's going to be a good game hopefully, and I'm still saying Karns is catching AE at a bad time...

825744130[/snapback]

are you a politician aeroadrunner ?? i saw those threads you mention from this summer and no one said that every 5a team in the state could beat every 3a team in the state . everyone was speaking in general terms that " in general " a good 5a team will usually beat a good 3a team . you had your hands full last week with a good 3a team , but i guess in your eyes if you beat a fair 5a team tonight ( no disrespect intended to karns ) 3a is just as good as 5a ... right ?? haha , great logic , if i was you i'd worry about getting that win first before i started talking about the ramifications of beating a 5a team .

are you a politician aeroadrunner ?? i saw those threads you mention from this summer and no one said that every 5a team in the state could beat every 3a team in the state . everyone was speaking in general terms that " in general " a good 5a team will usually beat a good 3a team . you had your hands  full last week with a good 3a team , but i guess in your eyes if you beat a fair 5a team tonight ( no disrespect intended to karns ) 3a is just as good as 5a ... right ?? haha , great logic , if i was you i'd worry about getting that win first before i started talking about the ramifications of beating a 5a team .

825744197[/snapback]

Sir, you need to open your eyes! You'll noticed I didn't say one thing about AE beating Karns. I said Karns is catching AE at a bad time. Why are you putting words in my mouth? Come on now, if you want me to say AE will beat them, I won't because I like to wait until after the game. Yes, AE had a bad showing last week against Catholic and that's in the back of their heads now. There's a lot of football to be played and AE realize that. You folks keep bringing that lost up but that's nothing AE will have a GOOD season still. Secondly, beating Karns won't mean as much as beating one of AE's regional foes. It's just a chance to get another win in the win column.

Pepvol, you were one of the ones who were saying a "5A school could beat a 3A team hands down." So what's your point

You have to take what JC4life says with a grain of salt. He is still very bitter over Karns knocking off his Patriots last year, which in effect kept them out of the playoffs. Jeff County came into Karns last year with a great deal of swagger, a flashy running back, and a defense that was pitching shutouts. Karns then proceeded to wipe the smirk off their faces by running the ball right down their throats the entire game.

Amazing that a team that barely qualifies as 5A can dominate both lines of scrimmage against a juggernaut like Jeff County.

825743972[/snapback]

I really could care less about the Karns game last year. The fact that its Karns makes no difference, I would say the same thing about Campbell Co or Bradley Central. The difference between 4A/5A and 3A/2A isn`t at the bottom, its at the top. Didn`t you learn anything from the Alcoa Maryville game AE?

Pepvol, you were one of the ones who were saying a "5A school could beat a 3A team hands down."  So what's your point

825744395[/snapback]

no , this is the first time i've posted on this issue , but i've never seen someone post what you just said . this is only a subject that people talk about in general terms , of course there will be exceptions , no doubt the best 3a team could beat lots of 5a teams , not all of them though . maybe i misunderstood you , i thought you seemed to be taking this one for granted , my bad . good luck tonight .

Throughout the summer the only thing you've heard is how a 3A school can't hang with a 4A or 5A school.  Tomorrow night is the night that AE's proves that classifications don't mean a thing besides the number of students you have in the school building. 

825743138[/snapback]

Well Well Well, guess its all a moot point now huh?

It's nothing to be said about the game besides, AE let this one slip. I mean, Karns did a good job of fighting back. #2 is no Elder but he did a good job tonight.

I have a couple questions and I would like someone to explain these to me...

1. How come there were no calls against Karns in the second half?

2. How in the world can you call a roughing a passer on a half back pass?

That's one of the calls that bit AE in the butt. AE intercepted the ball and returned it 90 something yards(Double AA Anthony Anderson) only to find out it didn't count because AE was called for roughing the passer. Once the ball is passed to the RB, he's live and there's no such thing as a Roughing the passer but it was called. Please Please Please, explain this call to me. I'm not making any excuses but AE would've had a 27 or 26 to 6 lead going into half time if this call wasn't made.

The good thing about this, Coach Graham let the refs have it. I believe the refs decided at Half time that they would call everything against AE the second half.. :(

Edited by AERoadrunners

It's nothing to be said about the game besides, AE let this one slip.  I mean, Karns did a good job of fighting back.  #2 is no Elder but he did a good job tonight. 

I have a couple questions and I would like someone to explain these to me...

1.  How come there were no calls against Karns in the second half?

2.  How in the world can you call a roughing a passer on a half back pass? 

That's one of the calls that bite AE in the butt.  AE intercepted the ball and returned it 90 something yards(Double AA Anthony Anderson) only to find out it didn't count because AE was called for roughing the passer.  Once the ball is passed to the RB, he's live and there's no such thing as a Roughing the passer but it was called.  Please Please Please, explain this call to me.  I'm not making any excuses but AE would've had a 27 or 26 to 6 lead going into half time if this call wasn't made.

The good thing about this, Coach Graham let the refs have it.  I believe the refs decided at Half time that they would call everything against AE the second half..  <_<

825744978[/snapback]

I definitely agree that had to be one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen. You're absolutely right, the roughing the passer call was truly INSANE!!!

I must disagree with you when you say the Roadrunners let this one slip away. The refs took this one away just like they did when we played Karns the last time

(9 years ago at Karns). I was afraid that it would happen all over again and it did!!! Karns would not have scored in the second half if not for the chop blocks and holds that were never called. Once again racism reared its ugly head! This time it was in the form of the refs. I too think that the refs had made up their mind that they would call everything against A-E in the second half.

I applaud Coach Graham for taking a stand against the refs. If the refs can't own up to making the wrong call and feel that a coach is "showing them up" because he argues the call they need to grow up and be men enough to admit they made the wrong call and correct their mistake.

I think the TSSAA needs to take a long hard look at itself, the refs, and other officials that represent them. Will the TSSAA continue to allow overt racism to tarnish both Middle and High school athletics? Will they uphold their own rules and regulations or will they continue to adhere to them only when it is in their best interest?

Lastly, to my Roadrunners. Keep your heads up! Learn from the mistakes that you DID make in the game and remember, when you are playing on the road in a hostile environment (rowdy fans, bad officiating...) you MUST put teams away. Put them away early and do NOT let up!!! Believe it or not I believe we will be better for having gone through this bit of adversity. We'll be alrigight!!!

Go Roadrunners!!!

you lost a football game and its because of racism?...........

maybe its because you couldnt hang on to the football jeesh!

call the waaaaaaaah-bulance i cant believe you bring up the race card because you lost a football game

you know the more thats used the less people are going to pay attn to it!