3A AE at 5A Karns....

AERoadrunners

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you lost a football game and its because of racism?...........

maybe its because you couldnt hang on to the football  jeesh!

call the waaaaaaaah-bulance          i cant believe you bring up the race card because you lost a football game

you know the more thats used the less people are going to pay attn to it!

825745345[/snapback]

Rob, don't even try. It's just not worth it.

I definitely agree that had to be one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen.  You're absolutely right, the roughing the passer call was truly INSANE!!!

I must disagree with you when you say the Roadrunners let this one slip away.  The refs took this one away just like they did when we played Karns the last time

(9 years ago at Karns).  I was afraid that it would happen all over again and it did!!!  Karns would not have scored in the second half if not for the chop blocks and holds that were never called. Once again racism reared its ugly head!  This time it was in the form of the refs. I too think that the refs had made up their mind that they would call everything against A-E in the second half.

I applaud Coach Graham for taking a stand against the refs.  If the refs can't own up to making the wrong call and feel that a coach is "showing them up" because he argues the call they need to grow up and be men enough to admit they made the wrong call and correct their mistake. 

I think the TSSAA needs to take a long hard look at itself, the refs,  and other officials that represent them.  Will the TSSAA continue to allow overt racism to tarnish both Middle and High school athletics?  Will they uphold their own rules and regulations or will they continue to adhere to them only when it is in their best interest?

Lastly, to my Roadrunners.  Keep your heads up!  Learn from the mistakes that you DID make in the game and remember, when you are playing on the road in a hostile environment (rowdy fans, bad officiating...) you MUST put teams away.  Put them away early and do NOT let up!!! Believe it or not I believe we will be better for having gone through this bit of adversity.  We'll be alrigight!!!

Go Roadrunners!!!

825745217[/snapback]

so anytime AE loses a game in your eyes it's because of refs and racists ?? your truly pathetic and i'm so thankful your not a fan of my team . it's easy to be a champion when your winning , but true colors are revealed when you lose .

I definitely agree that had to be one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen.  You're absolutely right, the roughing the passer call was truly INSANE!!!

I must disagree with you when you say the Roadrunners let this one slip away.  The refs took this one away just like they did when we played Karns the last time

(9 years ago at Karns).  I was afraid that it would happen all over again and it did!!!  Karns would not have scored in the second half if not for the chop blocks and holds that were never called. Once again racism reared its ugly head!  This time it was in the form of the refs. I too think that the refs had made up their mind that they would call everything against A-E in the second half.

I applaud Coach Graham for taking a stand against the refs.  If the refs can't own up to making the wrong call and feel that a coach is "showing them up" because he argues the call they need to grow up and be men enough to admit they made the wrong call and correct their mistake. 

I think the TSSAA needs to take a long hard look at itself, the refs,  and other officials that represent them.  Will the TSSAA continue to allow overt racism to tarnish both Middle and High school athletics?  Will they uphold their own rules and regulations or will they continue to adhere to them only when it is in their best interest?

Lastly, to my Roadrunners.  Keep your heads up!  Learn from the mistakes that you DID make in the game and remember, when you are playing on the road in a hostile environment (rowdy fans, bad officiating...) you MUST put teams away.  Put them away early and do NOT let up!!! Believe it or not I believe we will be better for having gone through this bit of adversity.  We'll be alrigight!!!

Go Roadrunners!!!

825745217[/snapback]

So if a magnet school get's beat in sports racism :thumb::D:D

Go Roadrunners!!!

825745217[/snapback]

While I hate to even dignify the ignorance of this post, I would like to point out a few facts. First of all Roadrunner89, your knee jerk reaction and lack of discipline are very similar to the traits that were prevelant on the Roadrunner team last night. Lack of discipline and execution was why your team lost. The refs, while a convenient excuse, had nothing to do with it.

Secondly, if you want to play the should have, could have game, Karns fumbled the ball at least 4 times as they were moving in to score. Both teams had their chances to win the game. Karns deserved to win.

Lastly, check the stats. Karns ran for 250 yards on the A/E defense. A/E knew what Karns was going to try and do, and they could not stop it. To say the refs beat you is a slap in the face to the young men and coaches that played their hearts out and upset a HEAVILY favored team. In the last 2 1/3 seasons, Karns has defeated traditional powers D/B, Sevier County, Science Hill, Jefferson County, and now A/E. A tradition of excellence starts with one win at a time. Karns is beginning to build that tradition.

I hope teams and their fans continue to underestimate the Karns program. It makes wins like this all the sweeter.

Congrats to the coaches, players, and the Karns community on a GREAT win!

Once again racism reared its ugly head!  This time it was in the form of the refs. I too think that the refs had made up their mind that they would call everything against A-E in the second half.

Will the TSSAA continue to allow overt racism to tarnish both Middle and High school athletics?  Will they uphold their own rules and regulations or will they continue to adhere to them only when it is in their best interest?

Go Roadrunners!!!

825745217[/snapback]

Grow up! Was the Race Card thrown when Fulton and Melrose was winning state. NO!

You been watching "Remember the Titans" to much. Throwing the Race card because things are not going your way is a coward’s way out or someone without the backbone to stand up as a man.

If you playing at a school that is all white and in a rural county than you might have a chance to cry and call out racism or if a school plays at A-E and gets beat they should call racism.

I know racism still exsist but in most cases, I think people go out of their way to make sure that it's not going on in this area.

all ive got to say is i played for karns for 4 years and it always seems that everyone seems to hate the karns football program for no reason. its hard to find a respectable team anymore that will just hit you in the jaw and wont talk crap about it after.

i hope everyone keeps underestimating karns because everytime karns beats any classification "powerhouse" it always seems that someone has just this elaborate excuse for losing to a team that is "barely a 5a team". all i know is that karns is moving in the write direction and everyone needs to get used to it. no other group of guys deserve it more. good luck boys.

should people be suprised by this? Is karns better than what people think. the past 3 years karns has been the under dog in almost every game they play. but the thing is is karns has beaten many powerhouses the past 3 years(jeff county, DB, AE, Sevier County, Science Hill, Powell). But it seems to me that there is always a excuse for losing to them such as "the refs are racist" to "we just had a huge off game." Im just wonderin when the excuses are goin to end and these boys are going to get some recognition. Should karns deserve some respect or is all of these games just a huge fluke every year. what is your opinion on the matter?