Landmark

Woodward

Pool 3

Blessed Trinity

Bob Jones

Brentwood

Southside

Wesleyan

Pool play begins at 5:00 tonight and continues through 1:00 or so tomorrow, then bracket play begins. Last year this tournament ran way behind because there is a lot of court-changing in the pools - playing 3 pools on 4 courts.

Brentwood is looking forward to another shot at Bob Jones. We played them very close last week in Huntsville. They are a VERY good team, but we also didn't bring our best game. Go Bruins!

I'll try to give as many scores as I can when we return.

siegel beat guntersville in 3 and also beat pelham in 2 on friday night

siegel defeated blessed trinity in 2 and curry in 2 saturday morning and was defeated by bob jones and mcGill toolen on saturday also...

the lady stars did awesome, in my view.

825746177[/snapback]

Yes, the Lady Stars did well. Their last match in bracket play was a good one against Bob Jones from what I could see from the other side of the gym. I believe they kept it close in the first game and only lost 23-25. The 2nd game was a little more. Congrats, Siegel.

Here are Brentwood's results:

Pool play:

Lost to Bob Jones 1-2 (25-15, 25-27, 10-15)

def. Blessed Trinity (Atlanta area) 2-0 (25-12, 25-13)

def. Southside 2-0 (25-8, 25-4)

lost to Wesleyan (Atlanta area) 0-2 (23-25, 19-25)

Bracket play:

def. Pelham 2-0 (25-12, 25-12)

def. Woodward (Atlanta area) 2-1 (28-26, 22-25, 15-9)

Semi-finals - def. Bob Jones 2-1 (25-19, 21-25, 15-9) - YEA!!

Finals - lost to McGill-Toolen 2-0 (19-25, 23-25) - a GREAT game!!

Brentwood finished 2nd overall!!

Edited by bruinfam

siegel beat guntersville in 3 and also beat pelham in 2 on friday night

siegel defeated blessed trinity in 2 and curry in 2 saturday morning and was defeated by bob jones and mcGill toolen on saturday also...

the lady stars did awesome, in my view.

825746177[/snapback]

Yes the stars did well this weekend. Going in everyone was a little unsure becasue of injuries to our Middle--Carrie Parrot. But once again the girls stepped up. There was some great players and teams at this tournament.

At one time Siegel had 3 sophmores on the court and they were all doing very well.

McGill Toulin Catholic is about as good as it gets. The offense was so quick you just couldn't read where they were going. THey were our only lost in pool play.

We got beat in the qtr finals by a good Bob jones Team. The first game was a good one but we lost 23-25. The second game got away from us 16-25.

Overall a great weekend.

Classiest part of the weekend. A Brentwood player running out to Siegel's van on Saturday afternoon right before they left to tell them their schedule had been changed so they didn't have to go to the middle school gym.

Then

Siegel hanging around and giving cheers of encouragment to Brentwood as they played in their quarterfinal match vs. Woodward.

Competitors? Yes. But great sports as well.