Cloudland VS Cherokee

phatbudah55

Hey guys, this comes from Jerry (who hates the computer)

He is really proud of the WHOLE team, the coaching staff, the fans, the whole community! For the 1A Landers to be able to hang with such a team as Cherokee, which, by the way, is obviously an outstanding 4A football team, is simply awesome!! Both teams played one heck of a game last night.

He thinks that last night was THE TEST for Cloudland this year, and they passed with flying colors.

And as he always says, "COME GETCHA SOME!" :lol:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cloudland will find out how much they've improved over last season this week. Oneida lost to Williamsburg 13 to 7 at home. You will send a message to region 2 one way or another. Got better ,got worse or about the same. I think Cloudlad has improved but I would'nt make that big of deal over last nights game. The teams Cherokee has beaten have'nt fared to well. South Greene beat Rutledge about the same. South Greene had a pretty tough game with Unicoi Co. Not a real good sign. Another thing ,The teams that Cherokee had beat have lost every single game.

The toughest team that Hampton will play will be Happy Valley before they play us, and thats not good for the dogs. Remember what happened with us and Cak. The dogs will not be as seasoned or as tough as the Landers come week ten. It won't be easy, but the Regional title will stay at Cloudland. Our coaching staff and players are working their guts out. This program is gonna stay on top! Whoo!! :thumb:

Neither team is going to benifit ,Cloudland has a tough game this week and then nothing until Hampton. Hampton has nothing until week nine. Cloudland and Hampton have both improved. It will be a good game between these two, people need to stop and give this a little thought,a game. Thats all it is, nothing more or less. Both teams need to prepare as hard as they can, but in the end one team is going to lose. I just hope people on both sides can do it with a little class. Its a ballgame people, not a war.

If its not a war, then its no fun. It may be just a game, but it means a lot. I'm only one poster, with many opinions, but the Hampton Bulldogs and many of their fans have disrespected the Landers. If I'm the only one thats going to come to their defense, then so be it. When a group of fans get on here and say they are better than Cloudand and that they are going to the 4th round of the playoffs, they are going to get an answer and a counter punch. I'm sorry, but Hampton posters have me on them, forever! :thumb:

If its not a war, then its no fun.  It may be just a game, but it means a lot.  I'm only one poster, with many opinions, but the Hampton Bulldogs and many of their fans have disrespected the Landers.  If I'm the only one thats going to come to their defense, then so be it.  When a group of fans get on here and say they are better than Cloudand and that they are going to the 4th round of the playoffs, they are going to get an answer and a counter punch.  I'm sorry, but Hampton posters have me on them, forever!  :thumb:

825746064[/snapback]

oh c'mon king, like you and cludland fans havent disrespected us? now we have a few that need to shut up, but its the same for the cloudland fans. people say were going to the fourth round? people say cloudland is number 1 in the state. you cant always listen to what people say. im just wondering what your going to do if hampton does win. would you ever get on the computer again?

If its not a war, then its no fun.  It may be just a game, but it means a lot.  I'm only one poster, with many opinions, but the Hampton Bulldogs and many of their fans have disrespected the Landers.  If I'm the only one thats going to come to their defense, then so be it.  When a group of fans get on here and say they are better than Cloudand and that they are going to the 4th round of the playoffs, they are going to get an answer and a counter punch.  I'm sorry, but Hampton posters have me on them, forever!  :thumb:

825746064[/snapback]

Your counter punch is so weak, you couldn't bruise a banana. And if I was the dude that was wearing your old # I would ask for another one. I don't understand why that # wasn't retired since you were the King, O great one. :):)

This was a great game to watch and very physical.  This gives me even more confidence that we will beat Hampton come week ten.  It was 7-6 all the way til the 5 minute mark of the 4th quarter.  The fact that Cherokee played 11 starters on offense and 11 fresh starters on defense wore the Landers down.  The boys will get tougher from this game and notice has been served to the rest of the competition that they will be beaten down and destroyed.  This same Cherokee squad pounded bigger schools like Rutledge and Cocke County.  The coach told the Landers coach that we were the most physical team they had seen this year.  I've seen both Cherokee and Hampton, and let me tell you that Cherokee is a lot better than Hampton.  The Regional title belongs in Roan Mt. and the Lander boys will bleed and suffer to keep it there.  The Lander community is proud of our players, and they will get the respect that they deserve. 

825744922[/snapback]

First off, Cherokee didn't pound Rutledge. You weren't there and the score is extremely misleading. It was 9-6 midway through the third and even when Cherokee went up 16-6 Rutledge had a FG that sailed right...Rutledge gave Cherokee 9 points on special teams and their normally reliable kicker missed a PAT as well as that FG...those points factored in and out of the equation and it's 14-10 Cherokee tops.

Don't think that just because the score reads one way that it was total domination because it wasn't. Cherokee's only sustained offense was the first drive. Their second was denied on four plays from inside the 5.

Rutledge is struggling, so pile on if you want...but don't believe for a second that the Pioneers didn't play the Chiefs off their feet after the first drive.