GREENBRIER 20 - MARSHALL COUNTY 14

GreenbrierCat2

According to CoachT scoreboard, this is the final! Didn't make it to the game but can't wait to hear the details!!!!!

Go Bobcats! Keep ROLLING! ;)

(Darn---"Forgot" to play the Powerball again!) It's downright scary when I've hit the Cats score right on the head two of last three games. Almost got this one right too, predicting MC would get only 10 instead of 14!)

Edited by GreenbrierCat2

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter

I think I predicted the final to this game to be 20-14, BUT I had Marshall Co. winning instead of Greenbrier. Congrats to coach Williams and the Bobcats on what has been a fast start this season and enjoy your week off. I get to see this Greenbrier team in person in two weeks whe they come to Cheatham Co., in a game that promises to be in a word PHYSICAL!!!!

Good job! Any time that you can travel to Marshall County and come away with a win is great. The Cats did what they needed to do to win but can definitely improve on this one. The injuries didn't help either. Watching MC in warm-ups and then watching them on the field seemed to be two different teams. With such an impressive looking group of players, I just didn't know if GB would be able to contain them. I didn't look at a roster but I'd guess there's a lot of youth on the team. Mix this in with new coaches and it's going to take a few games to iron everything out. They'll be hard to handle soon. Hats off to several of the MC fans. Nice, polite folk that made you feel welcome.

Enjoy the win, heal up, and continue to imporve.

Congratulations to Coach Williams for becoming Greenbrier's all-time winningest coach. He should definitley be able to add to this record.

The Greenbrier line continues to amaze me. Every game thus far they have been outsized, but yet they continue to dominate the line of scrimmage. Someone mentioned in the original thread that we would see lots of Dill…..and we did. Dill finished with 24 carries for 126 yards. Herndon had 93 yards and Pigg 85. As a team Greenbrier rushed 62 times for a total of 273 yards. Greenbrier only punted once.

This was a very physical game filled with excitement. Like NoDoubt said…..Marshall has loads of potential and is a very dangerous team. Good size, speed and athletic. Glad to see the Bobcats sneak out of there with a win.

I do not have a detailed injury update, but the Bobcats did suffer some injuries to key players. Hopefully the week off will give them time to heal before traveling to play a very good Cheatham County team. Jody Dorris should also be back against Cheatham after sitting out the last three games with mono.

Congratulations once again to the Bobcats and good luck to Marshall County the rest of the way.

Granted I didn't make it to the Marshall County - Greenbrier game, but after watching the video of this game on Channel 19, I would like the opinion of someone else that has seen the film/video.

I was replaying the video for a friend to show them the MC touchdown where the MC player had ran to the endzone and then just lost the football. I was actually just noticing how he ran that far, and then the football just popped out without him being touched. After replaying it a couple of times in slow motion, my friend pointed out it appears the football came out before he crossed the goal line. It is a pretty good view of the play. Did anyone else notice this? The video is playing on Channel 19 for a day or two.

I know it's a moot point because the game is over, but I'm wondering if it was a "gimme" on that TD.

Edited by GreenbrierCat2