franklin co vs oakland

mjuhb

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a great game!!! With about 54 seconds to go Oakland scored to bring the score to 21-20. They called a timeout to regroup. Then Oakland made the bad snap, and the holder tried to make a run to the right but was hit by about 3 Rebel players. It was a hard fought game by both teams...but as everyone can see, the BEST team won!!!! GO FC!!

Excting finish. Rebels up 21-7 with about 8 minutes left. FC came up with a big stop on their 15 yd line and the fumble the next play. Oakland scored and then got the ball back again. no. 12 was the best of the 2 qbs, but he didn't have a very strong arm. Best pass he made was the last td. Oakland threw 3 interceptions. No. 3 had too much speed for us. Good thing he didn't get the ball more.

We should have scored more points in 1st half. Penalties killed us. 4th and one, we get a qb sneak for a 1st down and our wr lined up offsides. A holding call killed another drive deep in Oakland territory.

Oakland had trouble stopping Leslie. He got over 150 yds and ran tough all night. Ray is a better qb than people give him credit for. He was 7-9 for a little over 80 yds and threw 2 interceptions. He never should have thrown the 2nd one, but he is as tough a kid as you will find. Hershberger played one of his best games as a Rebel. Sholey and Bonbright controlled Oakland's line. Proud of all the Rebels. They played as one and they played hard. Guys, enjoy the win, get some rest and get ready for the trip to the Pit. We have some key players hurt. Sure hope you guys are healthy against the Falcons.

Oakland, we hope you enjoyed our facilities. Hope we play you every yr. Could be a good rivalry. Keep your heads up. You guys can still win some ball games. You are just going through a tough period and no one was giving us a chance to win. Good luck against Wilson Central.

First let me say that the FC stadium was everything that was promised.....beautiful, clean, spacious. The atmosphere was a wonderful one for football. The folk were friendly and gracious. The only thing I can complain about is the air horns being blown the entire first half when we snapped the ball from the student section.

FC is well-coached and talented....and we came up short tonight by one.

It was great atmosphere. I always like away games because the folk that travel away actually WANT to be there. We didn't have a big crowd, but they were pretty vocal and didn't give up on our boys even when we were down by 14 pts in the 4th Q.

It is extremely difficult to win a game when the following occur:

4 INTS........Fc never really scored on a sustained drive on us all night. We gave them 4 easy opportunites....and when the ball is snapped on an extra point low.

Here are my shout-outs:

Jerome Burris....at least 150 yds rushing. Man oh man do I love this kid. He scored 2 TD's/ Cord was looking great throwing blocks for the kid.

Adam Elrod......this kid is so under-rated. He plays on the oline and dline...made some incredible plays tonight.

Pj Polk,....several saving tackles and a HUGE HUGE catch to keep the final drive alive.

Sam Youree.....he flat out EXPLODED into the O-Zone for a score in the last minute iof the game.

Austin Bragdon- ANOTHER Interception,KO return, ..... set the tone with the first tackle of the night....and solid play all around. Gotta love this kid's passion on the field.

Zac Wolaver...gets the huge SMACK when needed.

Kaelin Griffith.......did a meet and greet with the QB again... still fantastic play despite playing oline as well this week.

Andrew Mc Gowan........man oh man......busting some Leslieeeeeee.

Clarence Jordan........bone-jarring tackling

Petey Webster......3 passes caught...yeah BABY

Chaisson Allen ...hauling a pass in at a crucial time to get the first....to keep the drive from stalling

Matt Forrest......led this team back to score 2 TDS...making solid decisions

Demarco King....fumble recovery

The BULLDOZER Blissard........fights his way to a first down

Pats, I know this flat out stung...to come so close and then lose ...well it was a ballbreaker to say the least. But you proved to me that you are fighters...that you won't quit...and it is time to put everything all together. No finger pointing...love each other and support.

Edited by 2priceless