Wilson Central @ Oakland

justanotherfan

Look, here's the deal with Wilson Central. Remember in the movie Remember the Titans that they run six or seven plays and run them very well. With Wilson Central, they run about the same out of the wing-T, and run them very, very well. Their discipline on offense is what makes them so hard to defend. Any one of their running backs are capable of breaking a long one at any time and their line knows exactly how to execute their blocks. Their defense plays tough, hard-nosed football with few mental breakdowns. With that I say, Oakland better have 'em strapped on for the boys from the 'Glade. :thumb:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Central will destroy the Pats. WCHS by 21 or more. I said before the season that Central would be 7-3. They are better than I thought. I thnik they will be 8-2, maybe even 9-1. They are well coached, can run and throw on O and have a good D. I'm not jumping ship and I'm a Blue Devil until I die. I'm just calling them like I see them. WCHS has a good team. Good luck to both teams.

Wilsson Central will defeat Oakland,and so will LaVergne, Smyrna,Lebanon, and Riverdale. NO playoffs, nada, nothing.

825751133[/snapback]

Ooh! that is a harsh reality, but you might be right TUT!................but everyone should be allowed to dream <_<

good luck to ya'll; I know ya'll will play tough. <_<

Edited by coach763

Oakland has had success in the past and is hungry for more, and WC is just now starting to taste it for the first time.

HArd one to pick - not so much on paper where I think you have to give the edge to WC, but you never know.

After last week's loss, the Patriots are at a crossroads. I have to give the edge to WC until Oakland proves they can win.

THEY say it can't be done. THEY say we will be destroyed by Wilson Central. THEY say we won't win another game this season. THEY say we are at a crossroads. and THEY say our expectations for this season were way too high. well.........I say that it can be done. I say that WE can destroy Wilson Central. I say we can win out . I say that we can walk down the winning path and turn this season around just like in 99. and I say that PATRIOTS all have high expectations because we KNOW how much we have sweated in the weightroom to get stronger, how players have come over on their own on Sundays to run routes, what you have given up to play this game for this school, how much effort you guys have put into this program. So who cares if the fans desert you, if the band won't play, or the stands are half-empty....you don't play for them anyway. You play for the TEAM and for your Coaches and FOR each other. You don't have to PROVE anything to any of them or to anyone on this board. All you have to prove is to YOURSELVES that you BELIEVE in EACH OTHER and that YOU can get the job done.

ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE! and WE ARE STRONG!

THEY say it can't be done. THEY say we will be destroyed by Wilson Central. THEY  say  we won't win another game this season. THEY say we are at a crossroads. and THEY say our expectations for this season were way too high. well.........I say that it can be done. I say that WE can destroy Wilson Central. I say we can win out . I say that we can walk down the winning path and turn this season around just like in 99. and I say that PATRIOTS all have high expectations because we KNOW  how  much we have sweated in the weightroom to get stronger, how players have come over on their own on Sundays to run routes, what you have given up to play this game for this school, how much effort you guys have put into this program. So who cares if the fans desert you, if the band won't play, or the stands are half-empty....you don't play for them anyway. You play for the TEAM and for your Coaches and FOR each other. You don't have to PROVE anything to any of them or to  anyone on this board. All you have to prove is to YOURSELVES that you  BELIEVE in EACH OTHER and that YOU can get the job done.

825752159[/snapback]

that was a great post, and you made great points. however, the fact is, you guys are simply outmanned. now MAYBE, you guys come out unbelievably fired up, and our guys just dont play w/ their hearts in it at all, and you guys pull off the upset. BUUUUUT, i dont see that happening. winning means more to our team than anything else. our team feels that they represent the school, themselves, and their coaches when they go out on that field. our entire school is behind them, and they want nothing more than to prove to everyone, week in and week out, that they are for real. i really think we will have our way w/ Oakland in this one, but lets just hope for a good game w/ no injuries

oh and btw, watch out for Danny Lopez in this game. he ran for something like 150 yds and 2 TD last year on limited carries. now that he is back he is ready to prove what he can do. just throwin his name out there

THEY say it can't be done. THEY say we will be destroyed by Wilson Central. THEY  say  we won't win another game this season. THEY say we are at a crossroads. and THEY say our expectations for this season were way too high. well.........I say that it can be done. I say that WE can destroy Wilson Central. I say we can win out . I say that we can walk down the winning path and turn this season around just like in 99. and I say that PATRIOTS all have high expectations because we KNOW  how  much we have sweated in the weightroom to get stronger, how players have come over on their own on Sundays to run routes, what you have given up to play this game for this school, how much effort you guys have put into this program. So who cares if the fans desert you, if the band won't play, or the stands are half-empty....you don't play for them anyway. You play for the TEAM and for your Coaches and FOR each other. You don't have to PROVE anything to any of them or to  anyone on this board. All you have to prove is to YOURSELVES that you  BELIEVE in EACH OTHER and that YOU can get the job done.

825752159[/snapback]

Very well put, 2P! ;) If you don't believe in yourself, nobody else will! I really think the Pats are better than many people are giving them credit for. Get ready region 4, because Oakland will be back soon and running people out of their stadium like the old days. :thumb: I know I was run out of it once myself! :D

that was a great post, and you made great points. however, the fact is, you guys are simply outmanned. now MAYBE, you guys come out unbelievably fired up, and our guys just dont play w/ their hearts in it at all, and you guys pull off the upset. BUUUUUT, i dont see that happening. winning means more to our team than anything else. our team feels that they represent the school, themselves, and their coaches when they go out on that field. our entire school is behind them, and they want nothing more than to prove to everyone, week in and week out, that they are for real. i really think we will have our way w/ Oakland in this one, but lets just hope for a good game w/ no injuries

oh and btw, watch out for Danny Lopez in this game. he ran for something like 150 yds and 2 TD last year on limited carries. now that he is back he is ready to prove what he can do. just throwin his name out there

825752249[/snapback]

We know all about Lopez...what he did against us last yr and how talented he is...even know why he got the two game suspension too.

In case you didn't realize it...I was one of the ones who constantly took up for your team on the T when yall were in your skid. I knew that yall could do it and you proved that you can./ I know our kids can do it too........and they will prove me right.....I can feel it.

825752249[/snapback]

Winning means more than anything, or should, to every team that takes the field on Friday nights. I don't want to be a part of or be around a team that doesn't. I'm coaching the QBs at a new high school, and we have been run out of the stadium in our first two games, 37-0 and 25-3. I have a freshman QB, the biggest kid on the team weighs 235 lbs, and they all came from 5 different schools to make this one. They come out for practice and games believing they can mop the floor with the other team. Down 37-0 in the 4th quarter, that little 14 yr. old led a drive of 87 yards, and just floated a pass a little too high, or we would have had a touchdown. That's heart!!! Period!

If you don't have it, bring it! If you don't, stay in the locker room!

Oakland, just go out like you own the town Friday night! :thumb: