Best Team is Cheatham by far in thier region!

fluffmecatfish1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheatham will win tonight. they have an un stoppable senior class. led by their monstrous middle linebacker jack hoeh and strong safety brandon piper. and if the game comes down to the kicking game joey beach will always come thru in the clutch. there is no way lipscomb can run the trap with hoeh clogging up the middle.

Cheatham WILL beat Lipscomb. 

Cheatham WILL beat Greenbrier.

Cheatham WILL beat Creekwood.

Cheatham WILL beat Montgomery Central.

Cheatham WILL beat Page.

Cheatham WILL be region champs.

Nuff said.

825752597[/snapback]

Why don't you just go with the theory of playing ONE game at a time??? You got your hands full with Lipscomb.

There is nothing evil about Lipscomb, and I disagree that they will win tonight, but they do have an obvious advantage over public schools.  I competed against Lipscomb in the 80's and 90's and was bitter about it at first but came to except it as a challenge.  There was no team on our schedule that I would have rather beat.  When kids begin playing together at a young age and run a similar system throughout their schooling, as Lipscomb does, then they will have this advantage.  There will be those that hold that against them and others who just want to beat them that much worse.

825752761[/snapback]

#1 - Lipscomb does not recruit - never have and likely never will - a number of these boys have been there for a number of years but quite a few have not and they enrolled in the school on their own. They did not come there to play football or other sports - they came there for a variety of reasons (sports may have been considered but not at / near the top of the list).

#2 - To say that public schools do not recruit is out of touch with the realities of what is going on today. Coaches seize opportunities for players and provide opportunities for them as best they can.

#3 - To compete with Lipscomb is to compete with a program that is among the best and I can tell you that that distinction has come not with recruiting or money but hard work. Lipscomb has good facilities but nothing that can compare with most of the public schools we play. Lipscomb's success is a function of top notch, hard working coaches and boys who buy into a successful program. It is as straighforward as that. Not all teenage boys are willing to make the sacrifices that boys in this program have to make and not all coaches are as willing to make sacrifices as these coaches do.

All I can say is that all of this private school talk is loser's limp. If you can't win on the field and compete, then you have to resort to mindless talk and excuse making to feel better about yourself.

As for tonight - no predictions - may the best team win! I think it will be an excellent game. Cheatam obviously has a good team - how good is yet to be determined and tonight will be a good test. Lipscomb is coming along and tonight will be a good test for them as well.

Best of luck and travel safe!

Cheatham WILL beat Lipscomb. 

Cheatham WILL beat Greenbrier.

Cheatham WILL beat Creekwood.

Cheatham WILL beat Montgomery Central.

Cheatham WILL beat Page.

Cheatham WILL be region champs.

Nuff said.

825752597[/snapback]

Like I said. You'd be better off to worry about one team at a time. (choke, choke)

:rolleyes: This is the way DL started their season last year. I wouldn't be claiming the Region just yet.

Edited by GreenbrierCat2

Guest catfish-hunter

David Lipscomb is a great team who I hope that we are fortunate enough to play again in November. This game proved exactly why turnovers, penalties, and field position must not go against a team that wants to win. Lipscomb's defense is better than advertised, END OF STORY!!!!

Time for the Cubs to go back to the drawing board and prepare for Greenbrier, the only team to beat DL thus far this season. It's "Homecoming 2005" at Cheatham and the players can not afford to get caught up in all the distractions if they want to beat a team like the Greenbrier Bobcats.

To be considered a great team you must be able to beat or at least compete with the great teams on your schedule. Tonight was simply not the Cubs night but it is only week four. Games with Greenbrier, Marshall Co., Creek Wood, and Page will be big tests in the second half of the season and hopefully the guys can learn from tonight and get better.

I know that LILWEST & claminator2004 are about to let me hear how bad the team is after tonight's loss so I'm ready to eat some crow this weekend. Go ahead gentlemen and let me read it :rolleyes:

Very good hard hitting football game. Much closer than the score would indicate. Cheatham Co. mistakes cost them dearly.

Will say this in Cheatham Co.'s behalf. Your defense is far faster side-to-side than anyone else we have played this year. Yes, I was at the Greenbrier game and they were no where near as quick as Cheatham. My prediction is that Greenbrier goes down next week to Cheatham Co. Wouldn't surprise me if the score was not all that close.

Both defensive units came prepared tonight. I agree with CatfishHunter in that turnovers, penalties, and field position were game killers for the Cubs. When Cheatham starts for an average at their own 16 in the first half and Lipscomb starts for an average at their own 44, that says something. Five TOs will hurt any team's chances.

I will also agree with titanman that Cheatham's defense is very good. They go east and west with the best of them. Elrod ran for over 100 yards for the game, but he had to work hard for each one of them. Casteel is a man on defense for Cheatham.

Cheatham County will continue to win games this year with that type of defense. The Cub faithful stayed vocal throughout the game and their staff and team should be commended for representing the school and community in the right way. Some nights things will just not go your way and that was the tale of this game.

• 4 weeks later...