Copper Basin and South Pittsburg

manly

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, I'm just a fan of the game, but I know a thing or two about good football. You will never see a team in the finals in any state who can't do the basics like blocking and tackling.

If you listen to these South Pitt folks, they are gonna ride their athletes to the end. If you ask me, you need more than a couple of kids who can run to get you there.

I'm looking for a team like Basin, Whitwell or Silverdale to sneak up on them.

If they can't, look for them to skip out early in the playoffs.

825750266[/snapback]

I wouldn't bet on it.

no, I'm just a fan of the game, but I know a thing or two about good football. You will never see a team in the finals in any state who can't do the basics like blocking and tackling.

If you listen to these South Pitt folks, they are gonna ride their athletes to the end. If you ask me, you need more than a couple of kids who can run to get you there.

I'm looking for a team like Basin, Whitwell or Silverdale to sneak up on them.

If they can't, look for them to skip out early in the playoffs.

825750266[/snapback]

Looks like they tackle pretty good. How much did Sequatchie score?

I will say this though, that dang Valley team is better than I imagined they would be.  I knew they were improved but man, if they had a few bigger linemen they would have no problem getting into the playoffs.  They may get in anyway.

825747754[/snapback]

Thank you.... hey who is #74....He is a beast....QBs should fear him.

SP-34

CB-7

Yes, South Pittsburg has a lot of athletes, and will always have athletes because when these kids get older they will have kids who are even better than them and they will continue to play at South Pittsburg. Like someone said in other posts on other forums, IT IS A TRADITION. I mean, even the coaching staff is tradition for the most part. Vic's Dad coached for many years and was successful, and his younger brother is an assistant coach. TRADITION!! Get over it, it will not change.

Anyways, for all of you asking about our line, just check out the Junior High team. That is our line for years to come. Oh yeah, by the way, if you think we have young athletes on this Varsity Team, just wait till you see what will move up next year from Junior High.

As far as Copper Basin, they have some very good players and always will, but like other posts have said, our speed always seems to surpass their size.

And for Lookout Valley, they will be in the playoffs too. They are better than people think.

We have a guard at quarterback too! haha But we weren't 3-7 last year with our guard!!

825750161[/snapback]

Maybe you are confused a tad bit. You see, #5 was not the quarterback on last years team. he only played in 3 games last year. just a coincidence that SP won all 3 of those games. If you listened any to SP's radio guy (dunwoody - I think) at all last year, you would know that #5 only entered in those 3 games.

And what is the reference to the QB being a guard??? 5' 10 1/2" - 160 lbs ??????

Guard?????

OK...... if you say so!

From what I've seen South Pittsburg has no guards anywhere. If you didn't have people who could run a little you'd never make a yard.

Wait till THE Marion County High School gets a hold of you and see if you can get by like that.

825750188[/snapback]

Sounds like someone is worried about the PIRATES !!

I don't see anyone on here talking about what "THE Marion County High School" NEEDS to do or NEEDS to improve on. Do you know why??? There's not too many people worried about "THE Marion County High School" !!!!!

Just to clear my confused mindd..........

How many games has "THE Marion County High School" won so far this year???