preseason state tournament picks

timbdp

Middle College is a sleeper in Class A... They will be very talented, and have some versatile size as well. Watch for 6'7 Wing Daren Currie to be a darkhorse for Mr. Basketball: he can play inside and out, and is very, very athletic...

Union City is my pick to win Class A, with great shooters and heart, led by Mr. Basketball frontrunner Marquise Weddle...

Humbolt, Lake Co, and Middleton will aslo be very good. West Tn looks very strong in Class A right now, especially with UC and Humbolt moving to Class A...

Hamilton is my pick to win AAA, if they can get any coaching and chemistry... 6'7 F's Jeremy Williams and Jay Watkins are both among the Top 10 players in the State, and Jr G's Myron Strong and Broderick Gilchrist are among the Top 10 Jr's. Nick Walls, Donald Law, and underrated G Pete McIntyre are among other very good players on this loaded roster!!!

The for best in AA have already been named, and could be the 4 best in the State, any class (though BA, Hamilton, and Siegel may have something to say about that:

Mitchell, Haywood, Bolivar, and Liberty are all completely loaded...

Mitchell is the most talented team in the State, period. Bolivar is the reigning champs and likely favorites. Haywood has size and great guard play. Liberty has all the pieces as well, with the State's best Jr Class...

D-II, there's <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>, and....well....um....<a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>

I really don't see how you can call Middle College a sleeper...Romeo is back,I believe both Todd and Currie,not counting several players that played a whole bunch.......Gomab..Did any of the Lake Co players come to your camp?And have you actually seen Lake Co play?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A team that no one seems to be giving any credit to is Dyersburg... This summer they lost only four games and two of those were without two or more starters missing.... they went undefeated at UT Knoxville team camp.. their losses came to Union City by 3, Liberty by 2 or 3, and humboldt by 1 and middleton by 1 both sudden death overtime... this team is senior laden with many talented sopomores as well... This should be a fun team to watch and watch for them in murfreesboro this spring!!!!!

Guest catfish-hunter

Look for Sycamore to make a run to the state tournament in AA. :lol:

Beat Harpeth, Waverly, and Cheatham Co. and get to the Regional Tourney as a #1 seed so you wouldn't have to see Bolivar, Liberty, or Lexington in the opening round and I'll certainly say yes. That would mean that you wouldn't have to beat but one of those three teams to get into the substate and once you get there it's win and you are in the 'Boro.

Right now, I'll agree with btowntigers and say that the top four in AA are without question as follows:

1.) Bolivar: have two of the best players in the state with one of the best coaches in the state.

2.) Liberty: they have a dynamite junior class and last year's experience will help them out alot this year.

3.) Mitchell: the most talented team in the state will get to the 'Boro this year.

4.) Haywood: great size and the experience of being in the 'Boro in the past makes them among west-TN's best.