preseason state tournament picks

timbdp

I think Clay Co. will be there. They nearly made it last year but a missed foul shot and a winning shot at the buzzer by Pickett's Bailey sent the Bulldogs to Chattanooga wheer it's tough to win. This year they should easily win the district & region and have a home substate. They have a great coach who gets tremendous play from his team, and they are loaded with talent this year.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Clay Co. will be there. They nearly made it last year but a missed foul shot and a winning shot at the buzzer by Pickett's Bailey sent the Bulldogs to Chattanooga wheer it's tough to win. This year they should easily win the district & region and have a home substate. They have a great coach who gets tremendous play from his team, and they are loaded with talent this year.

Let's not forget though how "Celina Prep Academy" got to the region final. Van Buren jumped out to a 17 point lead and then gave the game away in the 2nd half due to 7 missed lay-ups. I mean Clay is good, but lets not get carried away.

Same as Lake Co..Lake Co defeated Trenton 3 times last year only to lose to them in the regional championship game..Lake had to travel to Middleton and was shooting two free throws with about 20 seconds left...Lake Co's best shooter was at the line..He made the first to tie the game..Make one more and it would have been over..He missed and Middleton went on to win in overtime and to the State...Lake Co had beaten Middleton earlier last year also...Middleton won the state and Trenton is runnerup...Lake Co has practically everyone back and has been playing in a lot of summer camps and a big tournament in Ill.against powerhouses in a Christmas tournament..I believe Lake Co will be ready..

mjca00 how many times did u see clay county play last season, it couldn't of been much because we didnt play at all in the fisrt half of that game and in the second half we held van buren to only 12 points(3 in the third quarter) and we have 4 starters back this year plus a really good bench.So why not us?

Same as Lake Co..Lake Co defeated Trenton 3 times last year only to lose to them in the regional championship game..Lake had to travel to Middleton and was shooting two free throws with about 20 seconds left...Lake Co's best shooter was at the line..He made the first to tie the game..Make one more and it would have been over..He missed and Middleton went on to win in overtime and to the State...Lake Co had beaten Middleton earlier last year also...Middleton won the state and Trenton is runnerup...Lake Co has practically everyone back and has been playing in a lot of summer camps and a big tournament in Ill.against powerhouses in a Christmas tournament..I believe Lake Co will be ready..

hey mr bigster it lc balla30 aka jay warlick we will b ready. that game was a heartbreaker cause if he would have hit those free throws we wpuld have took state but we didnt so we r lookin for it this year even though they put us in a tough district and region we should b alright. speaking of playin we gto 2 scrimmages lined up for next week on thursday we go to dyersburg and on saturday nov 5 we go to gibson co to play in a 4 way scrimmage against gibson, haywood and some other team from jackson. playin haywood should help us out so look foward to a gerat season!

What do you mean, "Even Union City will beat Humboldt?" Union City has a good team! They should beat Humboldt (at least once).

o yes dont get me wrong the kids from union city r good!!!!!! but for them to win someone besides marquis will have to bring something to the table. who do u think will win between them and lake co? who will win this district and region?

o yes dont get me wrong the kids from union city r good!!!!!! but for them to win someone besides marquis will have to bring something to the table. who do u think will win between them and lake co? who will win this district and region?

You're right. UC is going to be tough, as they always are, but they will hurt without Coby's quickness and ball handling skills. When Weddle is scoring & Robinson is manning the boards, UC is going to be hard to beat. If someone besides Weddle steps up, like you said, and all of your guys are hot, I would hate to miss the UC vs. LC match-ups. I am looking forward to the scrimmages on the 5th.

Blackman has a promising team this year with only loosing ben sneed and marques locke. They will be a factor in their district. Riverdale will also have somthing to say about that. They will be getting seniors Gaston Miller, Kit Hartsfield, Antwan Smith, and Philip Stevenson this year after fball season. Dont no how much pt they will get but man what bench players.