preseason state tournament picks

timbdp

Guest The_Siegel_Senior_ptII

Maybe you didnt see the title of the thread....this isn't for the bottom-feeders of 7-AAA..and btw they lost EVERYTHING in Locke, Jaffarious Wade, and Sneed....there is no promise there..just despair

but theres a lot of promise in that... :)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey mr bigster it lc balla30 aka jay warlick we will b ready. that game was a heartbreaker cause if he would have hit those free throws we wpuld have took state but we didnt so we r lookin for it this year even though they put us in a tough district and region we should b alright. speaking of playin we gto 2 scrimmages lined up for next week on thursday we go to dyersburg and on saturday nov 5 we go to gibson co to play in a 4 way scrimmage against gibson, haywood and some other team from jackson. playin haywood should help us out so look foward to a gerat season!

Thanks..I'll try to catch the Dyersburg scrimmage..We may be a little short handed with Springer,Sep,and Copeland still playing football

You're right. UC is going to be tough, as they always are, but they will hurt without Coby's quickness and ball handling skills. When Weddle is scoring & Robinson is manning the boards, UC is going to be hard to beat. If someone besides Weddle steps up, like you said, and all of your guys are hot, I would hate to miss the UC vs. LC match-ups. I am looking forward to the scrimmages on the 5th.

West Tenn..Are you talking about the scrimmages that LC balla is telling me about or someone else..And who is scrimmaging and do you have a time?..Thanks

Temple should have a very good team again this year. They return the Skogen kid and a few other key players. They will compete with Grace for the Region title. Grace will have a good team this year too. I feel sorry for whoever has to play a team from chatt-town in the sub-state. Both Temple and Grace will be extremely tough to beat...

i agree with u, grace is extremely tough this year, and temple is extremely well coached and always find a way to win, even though they dont have the talent that they have had in previous years. im gonna say grace wins single a, bolivar wins aa, not sure about aaa, and brentwood wins d 2

Oh man, I do think Grace has a lot of talent. Not really sure about anyone in Mid or West Tn. So I will say they are in the top 3 in the state. They have alot of weapens on this team. Carter Davis and Nick will do alot of scoring, but watch out for the other two starters. Jeff and Dilts both have the ability to score at any given time. There will be alot of balance on this team. One person will not have to carry the load every game. They also have alot of depth. I think maybe 4 or 5 seniors on the bench and some good young players. Everything is pointing ot a good year for the guys, now it just needs to happen.

PS- Hey P, we need to go to the games, when we can...

Middle College is a sleeper in Class A... They will be very talented, and have some versatile size as well. Watch for 6'7 Wing Daren Currie to be a darkhorse for Mr. Basketball: he can play inside and out, and is very, very athletic...

Union City is my pick to win Class A, with great shooters and heart, led by Mr. Basketball frontrunner Marquise Weddle...

Humbolt, Lake Co, and Middleton will aslo be very good. West Tn looks very strong in Class A right now, especially with UC and Humbolt moving to Class A...

Hamilton is my pick to win AAA, if they can get any coaching and chemistry... 6'7 F's Jeremy Williams and Jay Watkins are both among the Top 10 players in the State, and Jr G's Myron Strong and Broderick Gilchrist are among the Top 10 Jr's. Nick Walls, Donald Law, and underrated G Pete McIntyre are among other very good players on this loaded roster!!!

The for best in AA have already been named, and could be the 4 best in the State, any class (though BA, Hamilton, and Siegel may have something to say about that:

Mitchell, Haywood, Bolivar, and Liberty are all completely loaded...

Mitchell is the most talented team in the State, period. Bolivar is the reigning champs and likely favorites. Haywood has size and great guard play. Liberty has all the pieces as well, with the State's best Jr Class...

D-II, there's Brentwood Academy, and....well....um....Brentwood Academy