BA vs McCallie

mason1bball

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, technically it IS BA's fault that they have a strong football program :thumb:

As for coaching complaints, please see the 2003 Centennial-Brentwood game. Anyone who knows of it or who was there knows what a catastrophe it was. I know Coach Gregory personally, and he's not a very nice guy, very Slytherin-like, if you will.

And to set the record straight by another thread you started, I think the clear understanding is that Riverdale is #1. I'm all for Ba winning Div.IIAAA, but they're not #1 there until they do it. Pretty plain and simple, eh?

I'm proud of the players on Centennial's team. I go to all the games and try to get to practices as much as I can. No matter what differences I have with the Coaching staff, I still support the team 100%. They play as hard as they can on the field. Centennial might be young(which they are) and might be a scrappy little team, but I believe they are playing at the top level that they can at the moment.

Good luck to BA!

I think it's because they're ranked #24 in the nation. Oh, and they're defending their state championship from last year. BA hasn't been able to do that lately. I would love to see BA play Riverdale, I think it would be a great matchup! Riverdale is #1 in the state because not only do they win, they dominate teams. They usually have their 2nd string in right after half time. Their defense has allowed 10 points in four games: 10 POINTS! That's very impressive. Their season low offense has been 27 points as of far, and according to people from Riverdale and Lincoln Co., they was a bad game offensively. They go out on friday nights and SMOTHER teams. Until a team beats them, they are number 1. No questions asked.

Oh come now, it's rare that a thread that goes on for more than a page stays precisely on topic.  Cut us some slack :thumb:

825750551[/snapback]

I don't think a thread that goes two pages or more has ever stayed on topic.

I recommend that you stop trying to reason with Eagle09. Sometimes his school spirit transcends his ability to be reasonable.

To Chattcity: You are exactly right. We did not come close to stopping their option last year. I don't think we will this year. I am just hoping we can score more.

I don't think a thread that goes two pages or more has ever stayed on topic.

I recommend that you stop trying to reason with Eagle09. Sometimes his school spirit transcends his ability to be reasonable.

To Chattcity: You are exactly right. We did not come close to stopping their option last year. I don't think we will this year. I am just hoping we can score more.

825750664[/snapback]

USA1 i appreciate your respect for our option game....i hope we can pull it out against ya'll but it should be close... i've heard big things from brentwood...ya'll have that offensive linemen (i forgot his name) he's supposed to be the real deal... and ya'll are playing an 8th grader at nose tackle wow the kid must be good....it should be an interesting game and i say the winner wins by 3-7 points...good luck BA and go Blue

It should be a great game. Every time BA plays McCallie in any sport I'm reminded that it's not such a bad thing to be in DII. Great to face such well coached and classy, sportsmanlike teams every year.

BA was able to figure out a way to slow down the running game in last year's playoff battle. It will be difficult for a young defense to do the same this year. Not much experience at linebacker for the Eagles. I actually expect to see a relatively high scoring (for DII) game that comes down to the fourth quarter.

It's McCallie's option attack against BA's power I. I like BA's athletes a little more in this one. BA 32, McCallie 28.

USA1 i appreciate your respect for our option game....i hope we can pull it out against ya'll but it should be close... i've heard big things from brentwood...ya'll have that offensive linemen (i forgot his name) he's supposed to be the real deal... and ya'll are playing an 8th grader at nose tackle wow the kid must be good....it should be an interesting game and i say the winner wins by 3-7 points...good luck BA and go Blue

825752501[/snapback]

You are right about Mike Berry on the offensive line - very tough. The 8th grader is good but loses more battles than he wins, but super-human for a 13yr old. Our linebackers our under sized. We do not stop the run through the middle as well as we stop the outside run. Pass defense is pretty good. We will have to play well to win.

You are right about Mike Berry on the offensive line - very tough. The 8th grader is good but loses more battles than he wins, but super-human for a 13yr old. Our linebackers our under sized. We do not stop the run through the middle as well as we stop the outside run. Pass defense is pretty good. We will have to play well to win.

825752738[/snapback]

this game is going to be a shoot out, it seems like both the offenses are too good for the other team's defense to stop consistantly, whichever team's defense plays better will win