Powell vs. Maryville

headhunter98

IMO this game is for first and second in the region....should be a BAARNN BURRNNEERR

actually it will be a very boring game for non football fans because it will be a hardnosed defensive AND offensive game....smathmouth D vs smashmouth O for both teams. Should be a good ole fashioned football game...and im glad that there is respect in this game...its a rivalry but there isnt ne trash talking or fighting...just great football unlike the Maryville Central or Powell Central games....hehehe

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Centrel is just mad cause of halls (opps i said it) No but on a good night, Powell and Maryville will be a great game, but from what everyone is saying about maryvilles offense not being that good, I think powell may have a good chance at winning this one. Lets hope for the Panther victory. As long as we dont get any trash talking again im good.

PS

How do i change my name i dont like it anymore lol

ALL YOU MARYVILLE AND POWELL FANS JUST KEEP COUNTING US OUT CAUSE THAT IS WHAT WE WANT. FIRST OFF ALL POWELL FANS KEEP RUNNING THAT MOUTH SO WE CAN MAKE IT 9 STRAIGHT WINS OVER YOU. IF ONLY WE WERE NOT IN THE SAME REGION YOU COULD TUCK YOUR TAIL UNDER AND STOP PLAYING US LIKE THE FULTON FALCONS DID WHICH WAS 15 STRAIGHT. 2ND MARYVILLE FANS WE ARE A LOT MORE TALENTED THAN LAST YEAR. I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF YOU ALL ARE GOING TO TRY A FUMBLE ROOSKI THIS YEAR TO TRY TO BEAT US OR THE TRIPLE REVERSE STATUE OF LIBERTY PASS. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THAT ONE HA HA. YES YOU BEAT ALCOA WITHOUT WARREN AND BEAT THEM GOOD. BUT IF YOU PLAN ON BEATING US THIS YEAR YOU BETTER LET HUNT START THROWING IT AND FIND A NEW PLAY ON PLAYSTATION THAT WORKS LIKE THE OTHER RABBITS YOU HAVE PULLED OUT OF YOUR HAT. I ALMOST HATE TO SAY THINGS LIKE THIS BECAUSE GQ AND MOST OF THE PLAYERS ARE A REAL CLASS ACT. BUT GQ AND EVERYBODY KNOWS YOU NEED A LITTLE LUCK TO GET THE GOLD FOOTBALLS. SO I CAN'T ARGUE THAT, BUT IF YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE WHO HAS NEVER EVEN TRIED OUT FOR FOOTBALL OF WHO DOES NOT KNOW THE DIFFERENCE IN COVER ONE AND COVER 2, OR WAS TO CHICKEN TO DO ANYTHING PHYSICAL AND SITS IN THE STANDS WISHING YOU HAD 1% OF THE ABILITY THE KIDS YOU ARE WATCHING HAVE THEN GO TAKE SINCRONIZED SWIMMING LESSONS AND CALL IT A SPORT. AND QUIT MAKING ALL THE MARYVILLE PEOPLE WITH CLASS LOOK BAD.

OH AND BACK TO THE POWELL ISSUE YOU CAN TRY TO LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND SAY WE CAN BEAT CENTRAL .......WE CAN BEAT CENTRAL.........WE CAN BEAT CENTRAL...........WWWWAAKKKEEEE UPPPPP NOT GOING TO HAPPEN YES CODY IS A GREAT PLAYER AND LEE IS GOOD TOO"BUT LEE YOU KNOW DEEP DOWN IF IT WAS YOUR WAY YOU WOULD STILL BE A BOBCAT, OR YOU WOULD NOT HAVE SET WITH THE CENTRAL GUYS TO EAT AFTER THE GAME LAST YEAR AND SAID THAT YOURSELF.

IF YOU COULD NOT BEAT US LAST YEAR WITH A LINE THAT OUT WEIGHED US BY 50 TO 75 LBS. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN THIS YEAR EITHER WE ARE STRONGER, FASTER, BETTER, AND HAVE THE FIGHT OF A PITBULL. SO TRY TO GET THE THE RIVALRE BETWEEN US TO ATLEAST .500 BEFORE YOU THINK YOU ARE GOOD BECAUSE YOU BEAT MCCALLIE. YES YOU MIGHT KEEP THE GAME CLOSE BUT IF BY SOME WAY SOME HOW YOU WIN THE REGION YOU BETTER HOPE WE DON'T FINISH IN THE WRONG SPOT WHERE WE WOULD PLAY IN THE PLAYOFFS CUSE DEEP DOWN YOU KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN. JUST GET OUT OF DENIAL I'M NOT WE HAVE NOT BEAT MARYVILLE AND YOU CAN'T BEAT US OR MARYVILLE SO TRY TO TALK RONNIE CARTER INTO DROPPING YOU TO 3A OK

ALL YOU MARYVILLE AND POWELL FANS JUST KEEP COUNTING US OUT CAUSE THAT IS WHAT WE WANT. FIRST OFF ALL POWELL FANS KEEP RUNNING THAT MOUTH SO WE CAN MAKE IT 9 STRAIGHT WINS OVER YOU. IF ONLY WE WERE NOT IN THE SAME REGION YOU COULD TUCK YOUR TAIL UNDER AND STOP PLAYING US LIKE THE FULTON FALCONS DID WHICH WAS 15 STRAIGHT. 2ND MARYVILLE FANS WE ARE A LOT MORE TALENTED THAN LAST YEAR. I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF YOU ALL ARE GOING TO TRY A FUMBLE ROOSKI THIS YEAR TO TRY TO BEAT US OR THE TRIPLE REVERSE STATUE OF LIBERTY PASS. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THAT ONE HA HA. YES YOU BEAT ALCOA WITHOUT WARREN AND BEAT THEM GOOD. BUT IF YOU PLAN ON BEATING US THIS YEAR YOU BETTER LET HUNT START THROWING IT AND FIND A NEW PLAY ON PLAYSTATION THAT WORKS LIKE THE OTHER RABBITS YOU HAVE PULLED OUT OF YOUR HAT. I ALMOST HATE TO SAY THINGS LIKE THIS BECAUSE GQ AND MOST OF THE PLAYERS ARE A REAL CLASS ACT. BUT GQ AND EVERYBODY KNOWS YOU NEED A LITTLE LUCK TO GET THE GOLD FOOTBALLS. SO I CAN'T ARGUE THAT, BUT IF YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE WHO HAS NEVER EVEN TRIED OUT FOR FOOTBALL OF WHO DOES NOT KNOW THE DIFFERENCE IN COVER ONE AND COVER 2, OR WAS TO CHICKEN TO DO ANYTHING PHYSICAL AND SITS IN THE STANDS WISHING YOU HAD 1% OF THE ABILITY THE KIDS YOU ARE WATCHING HAVE THEN GO TAKE SINCRONIZED SWIMMING LESSONS AND CALL IT A SPORT. AND QUIT MAKING ALL THE MARYVILLE PEOPLE WITH CLASS LOOK BAD.

OH AND BACK TO THE POWELL ISSUE YOU CAN TRY TO LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND SAY WE CAN BEAT CENTRAL .......WE CAN BEAT CENTRAL.........WE CAN BEAT CENTRAL...........WWWWAAKKKEEEE    UPPPPP  NOT GOING TO HAPPEN YES CODY IS A GREAT PLAYER AND LEE IS GOOD TOO"BUT LEE YOU KNOW DEEP DOWN IF IT WAS YOUR WAY YOU WOULD STILL BE A BOBCAT, OR YOU WOULD NOT HAVE SET WITH THE CENTRAL GUYS TO EAT AFTER THE GAME LAST YEAR AND SAID THAT YOURSELF.

IF YOU COULD NOT BEAT US LAST YEAR WITH A LINE THAT OUT WEIGHED US BY 50 TO 75 LBS. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN THIS YEAR EITHER WE ARE STRONGER, FASTER, BETTER, AND HAVE THE FIGHT OF A PITBULL. SO TRY TO GET THE THE RIVALRE BETWEEN US TO ATLEAST .500 BEFORE YOU THINK YOU ARE GOOD BECAUSE YOU BEAT MCCALLIE. YES YOU MIGHT KEEP THE GAME CLOSE BUT IF BY SOME WAY SOME HOW YOU WIN THE REGION YOU BETTER HOPE WE DON'T FINISH IN THE WRONG SPOT WHERE WE WOULD PLAY IN THE PLAYOFFS CUSE DEEP DOWN YOU KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN. JUST GET OUT OF DENIAL I'M NOT WE HAVE NOT BEAT MARYVILLE AND YOU CAN'T BEAT US  OR MARYVILLE SO TRY TO TALK RONNIE CARTER INTO DROPPING YOU TO 3A  OK

825750959[/snapback]

Angry are you? Your post is unreadable. Try taking the caps lock off.

And pay more attention in english class, please. :thumb:

Yep, 9 gold balls, we're lucky. It must be luck..what do you think HTV? Is GQ just lucky? Hmmmm...it's gotta be just luck.

Central High School...charter members of the Whine and Cheese Club, Knoxville Chapter. That's a great lil finesse team you got there bobcat...just the same as every year.

Back to Powell/MHS. I said this earlier in the week on my site. I think putting 8 or more in the box against us and daring us to pass would be a big mistake. Anyone who thinks we can't throw is in for a rude awakening.

We have arguably a better and maybe even faster linebacking corp as a whole, than we did last year. I may eat these words, but I think that equates to less yardage for Mr. Watts.

Angry are you?  Your post is unreadable.  Try taking the caps lock off.

And pay more attention in english class, please.  :thumb:

825751037[/snapback]

Good Point!

Was he picking Powell or Maryville? No one is counting Central Out, I think that will be another thread lated this year. This thread is Powell vs. Maryville. I think Maryville's "O" gets on track this week. If Maryville gets 21 points Maryville wins if they don't turn the ball over to many times.

Yes, a few years ago Maryville did have to pullout a stop late to beat Central, but if I remember right Maryville had five turnovers and Central had C. Jackson.

It's ridiculous to suggest it's a sign of disrespect to have this as the homecoming game . That's more of a college tradition to schedule patsies for homecoming . Just beating Maryville should be all the motivation Powell needs anyway .

This defense has the most depth in the front seven than any Maryville team i've seen in nearly 30 years . as much as i have  loved the run and gun offense we've had under GQ , i equally enjoy the hard nosed , tough , fly to the ball effort that this defense has shown so far this year ! :thumb:

825749962[/snapback]

And, I agree with all of that!

OH AND BACK TO THE POWELL ISSUE YOU CAN TRY TO LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND SAY WE CAN BEAT CENTRAL .......WE CAN BEAT CENTRAL.........WE CAN BEAT CENTRAL...........WWWWAAKKKEEEE    UPPPPP  NOT GOING TO HAPPEN YES CODY IS A GREAT PLAYER AND LEE IS GOOD TOO"BUT LEE YOU KNOW DEEP DOWN IF IT WAS YOUR WAY YOU WOULD STILL BE A BOBCAT, OR YOU WOULD NOT HAVE SET WITH THE CENTRAL GUYS TO EAT AFTER THE GAME LAST YEAR AND SAID THAT YOURSELF.

IF YOU COULD NOT BEAT US LAST YEAR WITH A LINE THAT OUT WEIGHED US BY 50 TO 75 LBS. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN THIS YEAR EITHER WE ARE STRONGER, FASTER, BETTER, AND HAVE THE FIGHT OF A PITBULL. SO TRY TO GET THE THE RIVALRE BETWEEN US TO ATLEAST .500 BEFORE YOU THINK YOU ARE GOOD BECAUSE YOU BEAT MCCALLIE. YES YOU MIGHT KEEP THE GAME CLOSE BUT IF BY SOME WAY SOME HOW YOU WIN THE REGION YOU BETTER HOPE WE DON'T FINISH IN THE WRONG SPOT WHERE WE WOULD PLAY IN THE PLAYOFFS CUSE DEEP DOWN YOU KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN. JUST GET OUT OF DENIAL I'M NOT WE HAVE NOT BEAT MARYVILLE AND YOU CAN'T BEAT US  OR MARYVILLE SO TRY TO TALK RONNIE CARTER INTO DROPPING YOU TO 3A  OK

825750959[/snapback]

i tried to decipher your post , i think your talking trash .... not sure , i'm just curious , what has Central done that in your mind gives you the right to talk trash ?? I believe you gave Powell some advice about getting the " RIVALRE " ( ?) to .500 " BEFORE YOU THINK YOU ARE GOOD " .... hmmm sound advice that maybe you yourself should adhere to .

I agree with FBEmeritus about this Powell game , i think this will be Maryville's first real test , anxious to see how they respond . I'm just curious , how does Douglas match up to Lee Smith sizewise ?? For a sophomore , Douglas has a nice set of arms on him .

Edited by pepvol

Powell is a very tallented team and quite capable of winning, but it is very hard to pick against Maryville. This is a very tough Region that includes Maryville, Powell, Central and an improving Halls team. I think the road will be tough enough without all the motivational material being posted on this site.

<_< I assure everyone, the Bobcat players and Coaching staff have MUCH respect for both these teams.

Here's what I'd like to know:

how does this year's Powell team stack up to last year's team?

Are there lots of returning starters (other than the stars that we all know about)? Do you still have that monstrously large O-line?

Powell fans fill me in please.

As for MHS, I think we mostly agree that the defense this year is superior to last year's and that the offense is not quite as stellar with the running game still very strong but the passing game so far lackluster.

Last year's playoff game was an absolute classic. Where can someone get his hands on a tape of that...school, library...?

Here's what I'd like to know:

how does this year's Powell team stack up to last year's team?

Are there lots of returning starters (other than the stars that we all know about)? Do you still have that monstrously large O-line?

Powell fans fill me in please.

As for MHS, I think we mostly agree that the defense this year is superior to last year's and that the offense is not quite as stellar with the running game still very strong but the passing game so far lackluster.

Last year's playoff game was an absolute classic. Where can someone get his hands on a tape of that...school, library...?

825751228[/snapback]

Powell is still big up front offensively - 285, 310, 248, 260, and 240.

They returned 7 starters on each side of the football. Despite losing 2 D1-A signees, another who has successfully walked on to a D1-A program, a D2 signee, and an NAIA signee from last years senior class, I honestly believe that this is a better football team.