Elizabethton Cyclones

4down1

What are your thoughts for the remainder of season?  Im thinking if they start playing like we are capable of and the coaches get them ready to play each week we could easily finish 7-3, I dont think this is out of the question, but i have some concerns with this 3 man front on defense, I think we need to make some changes there. plus use P.Smith at quarterback instead of the Jeffers kid, maybe play jeffers at te he dont have the speed to play wr. so give me your thoughts im curious to see what you think good or bad............

825749800[/snapback]

Possible 5-5, but maybe 6-4. There won't be any changes on D which means 200+ yds. rushing for our opponents, but hopefully the offense will get let loosened up quite a bit. The running game has been non-existant, but there are remedies. There will be no QB change. The personnel has been there but they have not been prepared properly by the coaching staff. It seems to me that Pless holds back some of the coaches who really want to work the kids. Of course, I hear that it is the kids who are not responding???? But they need something that they can believe in. Again, I have to say why have they been so successfull in their earlier years???

A 'L' this Friday or next could cause a downtown riot :D

On the brighter side, the players seem to be having more fun in practice and that is good. We'll see how that correlates into Ws on Friday nights.

For more info you might check.....

www.mtnlakesfootball.com

You will see some interesting numbers that no one can hide from (players or coaches). I wish this site included tackles.

Edited by GLee

I agree with alot of things you have to say GLee. Elizabethton is a quality team with many weapons. I do think that the second qb is better suited for your team's success than Jeffers is. I know when he came into the game against us he was a much bigger threat. As for the 3-5 defense, I don't think you all have the athletes to pull it off. You really have to have 3 great down men to get it done, and at the high school that is rare. (Thus the infrequency you see in people running a 3 man front.) I think that Elizabethton is probably one of the best teams in the state without a win. But I forsee one more loss coming up against South. They are tough this year. I think it will be a dog fight between south and us for the conference title. Good luck to you all, I am sure you can make it to the post season.

I was looking at the T A Dugger program last night, and was extremely impressed with the kids on the team.  I only saw pictures, but looks like a good bunch athletes coming soon.  Some big looking kids as well.  I think I counted 57 players.  Hope things go well for the Cyclones this week.

825749928[/snapback]

elizabethton has some nice talent at TA Dugger, Freshman team is loaded, JV team looks impressive, Varsity is loaded....... seems we are lacking leadership... you can have the fastest car on the track but if you dont know how to drive it then that speed is useless....

intersting stat--------- 8 turnovers in three games----2 fumbles 6 INT......... 5 INT by same QB------ whats wrong with this picture----

average of 8.3 points a game on offense.... you couldnt beat a flag team with that average and our turnover ratio

Edited by 4down1

elizabethton has some nice talent at TA Dugger, Freshman team is loaded, JV team looks impressive, Varsity is loaded....... seems we are lacking leadership... you can have the fastest car on the track but if you dont know how to drive it then that speed is useless....

intersting stat--------- 8 turnovers in three games----2 fumbles 6 INT......... 5 INT by same QB------ whats wrong with this picture----

average of 8.3 points a game on offense.... you couldnt beat a flag team with that average and our turnover ratio

825749944[/snapback]

The Cow Towners will do better. The roughest part of their schedule is behind them, but, and a big BUT, they had better get a leader behind center. The QB mentioned has 6 ints.

Let's see 3 games 19 point's scored 64 points allowed and your predicting 6-4 try 5-5. Remember you guys still have Sullivan South and a Tough Johnson County team last game of the year at Johnson County.And you better hope they go in ready to play against North This week to because if im not mistaken they are picked to lose again this week. And to say your a realist here's being real.

Elizabethon is no top team right now in anything. sure they will get there wins against Unicoi,Sullivan Central,and Possibly Greeneville,have you seen those teams play. Unicoi Get's absolutely man handled by 1A Hampton by more than 5 touchdowns Sullivan Central man handled by Science Hill more than 4 or 5 touchdowns and the bad part to top it off Unicoi 4 losses no wins. Sullivan Central 3 losses no wins. Greeneville 3 losses no wins. what does that tell you about your conference.Not to many good teams surrounding the Mountain Lakes Conference.

:thumb: Including Elizabethton.

Edited by moneymike05

Let's see 3 games 19 point's scored 64 points allowed and your predicting 6-4 try 5-5. Remember you guys still have Sullivan South and a Tough Johnson County team last game of the year at Johnson County.And you better hope they go in ready to play against North This week to because if im not mistaken they are picked to lose again this week. And to say your a realist here's being real.

Elizabethon is no top team right now in anything. sure they will get there wins against Unicoi,Sullivan Central,and Possibly Greeneville,have you seen those teams play. Unicoi Get's absolutely man handled by 1A Hampton by more than 5 touchdowns Sullivan Central man handled by Science Hill more than 4 or 5 touchdowns and the bad part to top it off Unicoi 4 losses no wins. Sullivan Central 3 losses no wins. Greeneville 3 losses no wins. what does that tell you about your conference.Not to many good teams surrounding the Mountain Lakes Conference.

:thumb: Including Elizabethton.

825749965[/snapback]

Remember this is coming from the same guy who said that Boone was the best team in NET.

Having the schedule Betsy does has got to be hard on team confidence. Looks like the school A.D. or whoever would work to spread things out a bit in the future. After the 0-3 start, I'd say possibly 6-4 overall, but could be 5-5 or worse. Wins should include North, G-ville, Unicoi, East, Central, and possibly Johnson County. Doubt the Clones have the athletes to play with South this year. Better play better against North, East, and especially Johnson County. They aren't pushover teams like Central and Unicoi.

The Cyclones have got to forget about the past three games on the schedule (where they were set up to fail by the A.D. and coaching staff, IMO) and focus on the Golden Raiders.