HAMPTON fans must have short memory!

notjustafan

Whats going on with the Hampton people on here? Talking like you have the best team that has ever played high school football Yes maybe that is the case at your school. But there are many that would question even that. Hampton fans are on here saying that Cloudlands on here talking like they beat Cherokee, yeah they played a good game, and yes they lost at home. But what happen to Hampton against Johnson County, you played at home and LOST! Come on people from Hampton your not Unbeaten, both Cloudland and Hampton are good 1A schools (not great 1a schools, good 1a schools). They do a great job with the number of students they have and the equipment they get. And for the coaching being worst now at Cloudland, thats just a false statment. Yeah Coach Lunsford had one play, big deal, now hampton has that. Run up the middle! Good luck with that!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

notjustafan, I appreciate your support. There will be a reality check come week ten. Hampton is looking at state title hopes when they are not gonna even win the region. I personally look forward to seeing the tears on the faces of all the Bulldog players when their championship hopes are diminished. Lunsford only wants to be surrounded by people who can make him look good. What he did when he left Cloudland is slap all the remaining players through the face. I guess his reputation is too good to be surrounded with average talent. When you are family, you win and lose as a family. Its sad that this sport has become an "I" sport instead of a "we".

I think Hampton is going to run that same play this sesaon. That play won Cloudland 136 games to 40 losses. I'd say alot of coaches would like to learn that play. As far as talent goes, roan Mt is sparce. Byrd and Clipse were good. Two good atheletes in 15 years is not that great. The key to Cloudlands success was taking average boys and making hardnose football players out of them. The same will be done at Hampton and they will own Cloudland. More students equals more good players.

Sunny,

I appreciate the compliment. I would be more than happy to take the role at Cloudland one day once I get out of school. First thing's first, I would add a golf team and cross country/track squads since CHS is now the only school in the county without them. Secondly, I would recruit out of North Carolina like a former Cloudland coach, then get with a foreign exhange service like Unicoi does for Tennis and get a soccer player to kick 40-yard field goals and some speedy wideouts and corners like those Middle Tennessee private schools and Alcoa. We wouldn't be afraid to schedule private schools and programs like Alcoa in order to improve later in the season. LOL. Just kidding. I would quickly be ousted. :thumb: They couldn't handle me up there and the rest of the County would hate me.

Now, on a more serious note, I haven't liked to comment about the whole Cloudland-Hampton situation but I believe I will finally do that now. I'm not taking any sides on the matter, but this is what I think.

My old buddy Pujo noted: As far as talent goes, roan Mt is sparce. Byrd and Clipse were good. Two good atheletes in 15 years is not that great. The key to Cloudlands success was taking average boys and making hardnose football players out of them. The same will be done at Hampton and they will own Cloudland. More students equals more good players.

I will agree and disagree with that statement.

To say that Byrd and Clipse were just good athletes is proposterous. Byrd and Clipse were great high school athletes.

Cloudland has had more than their share of good athletes over the years, several that didn't play football, that I won't name to save space. I agree that the program has done a good job of taking average boys and making good football players out of them. That has been proven over and over, and it will still take place.

Pujo, you and I both know that from the eighth grade down, Cloudland is getting ready to be stocked with football talent - much more so than Hampton. Mike being gone will make a difference, but when you have all of his assistants, plus additional guys coming back that are respected community wide like Dan Winters, teaching the same things - the success will only continue.

After this season, Hampton will get a couple of years on the ol 'Landers with little Mike running the show, but things will turn around in a hurry after his class leaves and I will make the prediction based on the Cloudland feeder programs - and with the kids of boys that found success in the late 80s and early 90s getting up to high school age - that they will again dominate Carter County for a stretch of 6-8 years.

I'm a little confused here everyone keeps saying Cloudland has no talent there is plenty of talent at Cloudland or they would lose every game they play. There has been great talent in the past but maybe we should focus on the present and future the past is gone and Cloudland still wins. The players that read these post sure do get down when they read everybody saying they have no talent and comparing them too old talent. Come on these are teenagers with high hopes and expectations. Don't forget these are not grown men. All schools have down years and more talent one year than the next, don't beat them up for this, they all play their hearts out. Each boy has a talent of their own and they do the best they can with what they have. So why don't someone on here praise for that throw or for that catch or for that run or for that block. Every body thinks they have the best team well let them play and see who wins one team will win and one will lose. :thumb:

Well I sure haven't heard much of that from a bulldog fan they just think they have the best team in Tennessee because they have Mike as an (assistant) coach. If anyone pays any attention to what King says then they are as bad as he is. He gets a lot of things started that he doesn't know a whole lot about. I am a true Cloudland fan and I will stick with them and behind them 100%.

i have always been a landers fan and always will be if there0 and 10 or 10 and 0 give them a frew more years they will go back to state jr high team is loaded with talent they have not lost a game youth club is loaded the jr high team is unbeliver they have 30 kids coach baker is a good coach

Hey Hamptonfan, if you don't wanna talk, son, then find a better use for your time. Why ask why? And ebray, I'm a lot smarter than you think and I'm not the same man I was ten or eleven years ago. I will beat anyone down that disrespects the king. The best thing that anyone can do is get on their knees or get out of my way. The last weekend in October, anybody that thinks they are man enough to compete can come to the deadlifting competition at Happy Valley.

500 samolians goes to the best Lb. for lb. deadlifter, and I'm gonna win that money. Then, I'm gonna put half of it on the line against anybody from Hampton that wants to bet with me. I'm putting 250 dollars of the prize money that I WILL WIN whoo!!! :thumb: on the line saying that Cloudland will spank Hampton come week ten. Does anyone want to take this up with me? The competition will be the day after the game and if we lose, half of the prize money will go to whoever makes the bet. If we win, I expect 50 dollars in my hands the night of the game. I am fully confident that we will spank Hampton, my friends. I've got faith in the Landers. If I was to not win the competition, I will put 50 bucks in whoever takes up the offers hands if Hampton wins.