WOODSHED BEATING IN CARTHAGE

Eagledriver

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way the scores do not lie.1-6 against a smaller school and outscored 176-56 isn't that good.Especially when SCHS has good talent and goes in the playoffs every year.

825750966[/snapback]

They've beaten most everyone else too. We are not the only ones that have struggled to beat them. Portland beat them some...as did LA...but both are twice as big.

They've beaten most everyone else too. We are not the only ones that have struggled to beat them. Portland beat them some...as did LA...but both are twice as big.

825750971[/snapback]

This maybe true but Ihave noticed in the last few years that Portland has slipped and hasn't been the team they once were and LA isn't that great.In 1988 the rumor going around town and school was that LA would possibly be the team that upset us.Well that was false.I know people will say they have been to the playoffs,etc.But so has SCHS and our record against them is much better than that of TC.

This maybe true but Ihave noticed in the last few years that Portland has slipped and hasn't been the team they once were and LA isn't that great.In 1988 the rumor going around town and school was that LA would possibly be the team that upset us.Well that was false.I know people will say they have been to the playoffs,etc.But so has SCHS and our record against them is much better than that of TC.

825750973[/snapback]

LA beat TC twice last year. We beat LA twice. So what does that mean? Nothing really. It just happens that way sometimes.

LA beat TC twice last year. We beat LA twice. So what does that mean? Nothing really. It just happens that way sometimes.

825750975[/snapback]

True.Remember a few years ago when Portland beat TC very badly in the season but in the playoffs lost to them.That does happen,but doesn't take away from the fact they have SCHS's number,at least in the past five years.

True.Remember a few years ago when Portland beat TC very badly in the season but in the playoffs lost to them.That does happen,but doesn't take away from the fact they have SCHS's number,at least in the past five years.

825750976[/snapback]

And we've had LA and Portland's too. I really get tired of the bashing of our coaching staff. I think they do as good of a job as any we've ever had. The getting outcoached argument just doesn't wash. If that were true...have our coaches outcoached LA...and LA coaches outcoached TC...and TC coaches outcoached us?

Not likely that's true. Once a team gets on a roll against another...they believe they should win. That's half the battle. For some reason...I don't think our kids play well against TC. LA and Portland haven't played well against us. It happens at every level of football.

And we've had LA and Portland's too. I really get tired of the bashing of our coaching staff. I think they do as good of a job as any we've ever had. The getting outcoached argument just doesn't wash. If that were true...have our coaches outcoached LA...and LA coaches outcoached TC...and TC coaches outcoached us?

Not likely that's true. Once a team gets on a roll against another...they believe they should win. That's half the battle. For some reason...I don't think our kids play well against TC. LA and Portland haven't played well against us. It happens at every level of football.

825750978[/snapback]

I'm sorry I'm not bashing the coaching staff,just stating a fact.We can all see this is true.Maybe when TC isn't loaded with talent,SCHS can beat them.I wouldn't lay all the blame on the kids,that is bashing them.The truth is when SCHS lines up against TC they get outcoached.Maynord is a good head coach one of the better in the state.So is Satterfield though at TC.I think one things at SCHS down through the years,even in the eighties,is the ability to win the big game.I feel given time maybe Maynord can overcome that,but for now it must just be a jinx.Also when I say big game I mean the crucial playoff games,etc.I will say he has done very well against GHS but they haven't been what they were in the Eighties either.I will say I also believe Coach Dillard is a good coach as well.Again I'm not trying to bash the coach,just stating a fact.Sometimes in football some head coaches just have anothers number and that happens.Some coaches are better than others.I will also say Maynord is the best coach SCHS has had since Rankin.It's just a struggle against TC for the coaching staff and players to win this game.

I'm sorry I'm not bashing the coaching staff,just stating a fact.We can all see this is true.Maybe when TC isn't loaded with talent,SCHS can beat them.I wouldn't lay all the blame on the kids,that is bashing them.The truth is when SCHS lines up against TC they get outcoached.Maynord is a good head coach one of the better in the state.So is Satterfield though at TC.I think one things at SCHS down through the years,even in the eighties,is the ability to win the big game.I feel given time maybe Maynord can overcome that,but for now it must just be a jinx.Also when I say big game I mean the crucial playoff games,etc.I will say he has done very well against GHS but they haven't been what they were in the Eighties either.I will say I also believe Coach Dillard is a good coach as well.Again I'm not trying to bash the coach,just stating a fact.Sometimes in football some head coaches just have anothers number and that happens.Some coaches are better than others.I will also say Maynord is the best coach SCHS has had since Rankin.It's just a struggle against TC for the coaching staff and players to win this game.

825750982[/snapback]

Win the big game as in the 80's...is that what you said? What was our record in the 80's in the playoffs? Rankin is as good as any coach in the state now. I think he would even tell you he wasn't back then. Maynord has been to the quarters twice...and the semis once. There's no comparison in the success. Both are very good coaches. If you don't like what we have now...think back to the Mayfied era. I wouldn't complain.

Win the big game as in the 80's...is that what you said? What was our record in the 80's in the playoffs? Rankin is as good as any coach in the state now. I think he would even tell you he wasn't back then. Maynord has been to the quarters twice...and the semis once. There's no comparison in the success. Both are very good coaches. If you don't like what we have now...think back to the Mayfied era. I wouldn't complain.

825750983[/snapback]

I never said I didn't like what we have now.You should read my post a little better.As far as the big games I am referring to 1988,record 10-0 first round loss,1989 record 10-0 first round loss.Last year 9-1 lost in the semis to a great Fulton team,but were a few plays from making a difference in that game.Rankin is a nationally recognized coach now.I again will state I am not bashing the coach here.I sorry if it offends you for a fact to be stated.I don't agree with everthing Eagledriver put.I think some of it is actually funny.[in a crazy way].Oh well I will once again state that I never said I didn't like the coaching staff.It's just like a game of chess.To win takes outsmarting your opponent and making the proper adjustments to his offense anfd defenses.Some chess players are masters of this,some very good, and some not so good.But some of the better ones always have there opponents strategys mastered before they play and will win in just a few moves.Not neccisarily that they are any better than there opponent,just know how to win against them every time until there opponent figures there strategy out and beats them.I feel Maynord is smart enough to do this and will.