Dobyns-Bennett vs. Tennessee High

-Catfish-

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess that shuts up all the Bristol people who kept running their mouth about beating DB. And you can say all you want about last years Vikings and Indians, but I am here to tell you and I know many people would agree with me, last year you would not have beaten the Tribe. Your 2004 Vikings could not have beaten Oak Ridge, which we did once, and we would not have lost to Maryville 45-0 or whatever the score was. I know I am going to make some Viking fans mad with this post and they are going to try to argue this, but I watched both teams play last year and there is no way they could have hung with Duran, Lamon, Purple Hayes and the rest of the squad. It might not have been as ugly as last night, but I guarantee you that you wouild not have beaten DB.

We ARE the Beast of the Big East, and tops in the Northeast!!

TRIBE ALL DA WAY!!!

You can talk all you want, but THS would have been in the game last year. This year they are weak and inexperienced. I mean how many times did you see johnson get hurt last year? Not many, but yet he seems to be getting hurt all the time this year. THS needs to just put him on the bench. He just keeps getting hurt and thats not helping the team.

You can talk all you want, but THS would have been in the game last year. This year they are weak and inexperienced. I mean how many times did you see johnson get hurt last year? Not many, but yet he seems to be getting hurt all the time this year. THS needs to just put him on the bench. He just keeps getting hurt and thats not helping the team.

Please......

It would of been worse last year. One more game next year at your place and Coach Clark will be looking for a new opponent. You should of noticed what happened to North the two years before. :D

great game all around from the DB tribers. TN high wasn't ready to play and it showed. The fans were dead silent and the life was totally taken out of them after the hit on #5 by #24. I saw Tn high play Betsy and this wasn't the same team. They will get beat agin next week at South if they show up like they did on Friday. Some say last years team would have played better, but Db would have still won the game no doubt. Tn high fans have to understand that playing 4a teams with no speed, especially in this area, can be beat, 5a schools with speed and more athletes the result will be 45-0. Good luck next week TN High, better be ready cause South will be for sure.

A well deserved week off and the Tribers will be back at it again.

remember all its just a game

great game all around from the DB tribers. TN high wasn't ready to play and it showed. The fans were dead silent and the life was totally taken out of them after the hit on #5 by #24. I saw Tn high play Betsy and this wasn't the same team. They will get beat agin next week at South if they show up like they did on Friday. Some say last years team would have played better, but Db would have still won the game no doubt. Tn high fans have to understand that playing 4a teams with no speed, especially in this area, can be beat, 5a schools with speed and more athletes the result will be 45-0. Good luck next week TN High, better be ready cause South will be for sure.

A well deserved week off and the Tribers will be back at it again.

remember all its just a game

Yeah, that hit didn't happen until Db was up like 100-0, and all of the JV players were in the game. It had no impact on the outcome.

You can say all you want about 4A teams in this area not being able to hang with 5A teams, and too much speed, bla bla bla... Tennessee High was terrible on Friday night and got beaten badly by a mediocre Dobyns Bennett team. As a player on last year's team, and watching that game Friday night, I can say without a doubt in my mind that we would have mopped the field with the 2004 Tennessee High team playing the 2005 Dobyns Bennett team. Without a doubt. But it doesn't matter, that would never happen of course. Now if if both teams had played last year it would be a different story, and probably a very close game. But DB people need to know they didn't do anything special Friday night. Tennessee High lost almost every key player they had last year, and that team was unbelievable, Tennessee High probably won't have a team like that for a long long time. That is why we wanted to play DB last year. This team you saw Friday night was nothing like what you have seen last year, even though it wasn't enough to beat Maryville last year, i know. Anyway, on another note, it was the same old game plan for Tennessee High. Run it up the middle, if it doesn't work... run it up the middle, oh that didn't work... alright let's pass it when everyone knows we're passing. Oh no, we can't pass either cause we never work on it. Let's run it up the middle again... It gets old. Let's put in some creative plays, and then let's execute. I know the personnel isn't quite there to make the plays like last year's team, and you can't blame the coaches for that. On the final note, we may stink this year, but you're not that good either DB.

Saw TN High in 2004. Saw DB, Maryville, and Oak Ridge. I doubt the 04 Vikings would mop the 05 Indians. In fact, TN High was one dimensional last year and would not be able to run the ball on the 04 or 05 Indian team. Any combo you want to lay out there, I take DB beacuse of the game plan, depth, speed, etc. Remember DB beat Oak Ridge regular season last year, Oak Ridge beat Maryville in a scrimmage. Later, DB played Oak Ridge and lost a good game in the playoffs. TN High losses to Maryville 0-49.

04 Tn High v 04 Indians - Indians by 21 or more, awesome D and passing power

05 TN High v 05 Indians - Indians win 45-0 All around dominating

04 TN High v 05 Indians- Indians 28-17 DB defense swarms and TN High can't score enough.

Next point, you say DB is an average team, they were a bit sluggish offensively until they broke wide open in the TN High game. The TN High defense was run and passed on at will with many, many ball carriers and receivers. DB Defense kept the Vikings out of the endzone and dominated. Any way you spell it DB dominated. Don't tell us that TN High was not UP to play DB (whom TN High wanted a piece of) Don't get on here and expect us to beleive that you are not a sore loser, sour grape head, etc., fan, disgruntled ex-player. Game over, No more should have, or last years could haves. DB lost just as much if not more talent then TN High from last years teams and worked hard to bounce back and put pieces in place. Since DB has changed their offense around nobody has slown them down and don't think they won't be ready to show TN High next year that 2006 will be no different. If TN High was so dominating last year, why when they played their first stiff competition (Maryville) could they not score? Very similar to TN High's first stiff competition at Science Hill or even stiffer at DB (0-45) this year. You are making your team and fans appear as if they always have an excuse. Shut the trap and wait until 2006 at the Castle ok.

Man this is weird. Most of the time when a team gets beat they'll say something like just wait 'till next year. But some of these Viking fans are like, "we coulda' beat you last year" Maybe deep down they already know whats coming next year?

If anyone went to, or listened to that Maryville game last year, you know that 40-0 score could of been 80-0 if Maryville hadn't been so nice. I think their starters only played 1 series in the second half. And DB could of made the score 80-0 Friday night. Last years score, if they had played......DB 51, Tn. High 0

You can say all you want about 4A teams in this area not being able to hang with 5A teams, and too much speed, bla bla bla... Tennessee High was terrible on Friday night and got beaten badly by a mediocre Dobyns Bennett team. As a player on last year's team, and watching that game Friday night, I can say without a doubt in my mind that we would have mopped the field with the 2004 Tennessee High team playing the 2005 Dobyns Bennett team. Without a doubt. But it doesn't matter, that would never happen of course. Now if if both teams had played last year it would be a different story, and probably a very close game. But DB people need to know they didn't do anything special Friday night. Tennessee High lost almost every key player they had last year, and that team was unbelievable, Tennessee High probably won't have a team like that for a long long time. That is why we wanted to play DB last year. This team you saw Friday night was nothing like what you have seen last year, even though it wasn't enough to beat Maryville last year, i know. Anyway, on another note, it was the same old game plan for Tennessee High. Run it up the middle, if it doesn't work... run it up the middle, oh that didn't work... alright let's pass it when everyone knows we're passing. Oh no, we can't pass either cause we never work on it. Let's run it up the middle again... It gets old. Let's put in some creative plays, and then let's execute. I know the personnel isn't quite there to make the plays like last year's team, and you can't blame the coaches for that. On the final note, we may stink this year, but you're not that good either DB.

First off, you should consider yourself lucky that DB pulled their starters at 5:05 left in the 3RD quarter.....Even then THS couldnt score on DB's JV. If the starters had been left in past midway in the 3rd, the score probably would have been 80-0. You say you are not good passing because you never work on it...well maybe it is time to start. I figure you would have started already before playing DB. If you admit that you lost all the players and you are not good, why in the world would THS want to schedule DB. That was a huge mistake. The game friday night reminded me of last years DB-Sull North. game. There is a big difference in playing DB ad playing the 4a teams you are used to beating. Maybe you should start preparing for next year now.

Good effort out of all the players, congrats to the indians.

Roll Tribe :blink: